Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weight and clothes sizes.

Becky, now this really kills me! You are the same weight and height that I am, but you are in a much smaller size. I'm beginning to wonder if it has something to do with me being more fat than muscle. I have one of those scales that measures what percentage fat your body is. I've lost a fair amount of weight, but my percentage of fat has only gone down four percentage points. I exercise, but maybe I need to do weights or something.

It's frustrating!

Nancy

I'm 5 feet, currently weight 214.5. I went from a 26/28 and 2X (sometimes 3X) to wearing a regular XL in most stores. On the bottom I am wearing a 20 (and 18 if they run big). I was just in K Mart yesterday, buying some sweats. I was able to buy in the regular department the XL in tops and bottoms. I also bought 2 Jaclyn Smith tops for work in XL. I seem to be losing from my waist up. My stomach and thighs just don't want to leave me.

I've found that not getting hung up on sizes -- like the number on the scale -- helps keep me more sane. Not that I can avoid the insanity. Guilty as charged.

Sizes are insanity. It varies by style/designer. Clothing makers have supposedly made regular sizes larger in recent years because our "evolution" has made our overall proportions larger. So a size 14 today may not be the same as a size 14 five years ago.

Because I have some muscle weight, I've always tended to wear bigger sizes.

Anyway, to answer your question -- I'm 210 and wear everything from a size 16 to a 20. L to 1X. I think I actually have a blazer that's a size 14.

Go figure.

Elizabeth

+10 and holding since unfilled 6/21 because of slippage

(for net of -50)

I'm 5'7", weigh 200 lbs., and wear xl or 1x tops and sz 16 pants.

I am DYING to have a scale victory and get under 200 lbs! I haven't been posting lately because I'm so stuck at 200. I do seem to be getting smaller, so I guess I can't complain.

5'-9" tall

started @ 35o in TIGHT 30/32's

Currently weigh 218!!!!!!!!!!

pants SIZE 16!!!!!!!!!!!!

tops XL, L or 14/16

i am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO close to my original goal which was SIZE 14!!!!!

only about 10-15 to go!!!!

Hi Nancy,

I am 5' 6" and I wear a 12/14 on top or large /XL ladies shirt and on the bottom I am a 16. I havent tried the 14's yet, but I am definitely out of the 18's for good.

Babs in TX

334/198/170

6/23/03

Heyo,

I'm 5' 7", currently at 255/258lbs and a size 20/22/XL pants. I can wear XL shirts, which aren't tight, but I prefer the looserness of 2XL. I'm trying not to buy too many clothes yet because I still have a ways to go. I'm kind of proportionally big... I don't think I really have areas that look super huge as compared to any other place... big thighs, big calves, big tummy, big breasts... so I think I may lose sizes slower than some other body types in the sense that everything gets a little smaller at the same time, instead of someone who is rounder in the middle, and so therefore loses that and drops sizes quicker. :mad:

There doesn't appear to be any rhyme or reason to clothing sizes. I can try on 2 of the same thing and they both fit differently. I'd be afraid to use mail order.:mad:

Just a query,

Have your sizing systems changed to be the same as AUstralia? When I watch US tv sizes are ridiculous - 2, 4, 6 etc. You guys are all talking same or similar to me.

I am 163cm or 5'4 and weigh about 208lbs and have for the first time in my life fit into an 18 top AND an 18 bottom on the same day!!If i tried on my 18's from target I could have really bought a 16 in pants anyway.:cool: