Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weight and clothes sizes.

I am curious about something so I am going to ask a somewhat personal question. Would a few of you mind posting your weight, height, and clothes size? The reason I ask is that most people who have posted their clothes sizes and who weigh about what I do seem to be wearing much smaller clothes than I can.

I am 5'4" and weigh 195. I wear a 22 on the bottom and a 20 or 22 on the top. I've seen others post that at my weight they are wearing a size 16. Maybe they are a lot taller than me, I don't know. I do tend to wear my clothes slightly loose because I don't want every single fat roll to show, but they are not hanging off of me.

Nancy

I am 5'8 225 lbs and wear an 18/20.

Well I'm about 180 lbs. 5ft 5in. I've done alot of bike riding and believe it's trimed my legs down. Last week while shopping I noted the diferent cuts of jeans. Lees relax fit I can wear a 12 but the legs were baggy so I tried Lees slim fit and could bearly get into a 14...I still wear a XL top, I don't like the rolls on my side showing either.

I am 5'7" presently weight 249 and can wear a 16/18 from Avenue or Lane Bryant on the top. The bottom is still a size 18/20 but it really depends on the way the clothing is made. Some clothes in Target or Walmart I can wear a size 16 and others I have to get a size 20. So the size thing to me is all relative. I just pick something I like then look for the size and certainly now go and try them on. Sometimes I am pleasantly surprised and others I am shocked it doesn't fit. LOL!!

I think height and frame has a lot to do with it. I'm 5'3", 190, can currently wear L or XL top, 14-16 bottom. I'm small boned (under all this flab), small breasts, big abdomen. My gut keeps me from getting into a smaller size pants.:D

It's so weird that there's no logic to this system. I wear an 18/20 on top and usually a 20 on the bottom depending on the cut. I'm much heavier than other people in the same sizes, but I'm also much taller than most.

What frustrates the hell out of me is that according to the size charts of most vendors, I should be wearing a much larger size. With my 45" bust, 43" waist, and 53" hips the charts say I should be wearing a 26 / 3X, but now I'm wearing an XL top and 2X bottoms.

I repeatedly ask my husband if my clothes actually fit, or if it's just my imagination. He swears I'm not walking around in too-tight clothes, which is something I've always tried to avoid like the plague.

(NSV alert: On vacation it was so cool to be able to choose from the huge selection of XL t-shirts at the souvenir shops, instead of having to limit myself to what's available in 2X or 3X. I haven't EVER had this choice as an adult. I love it!)

On vacation it was so cool to be able to choose from the huge selection of XL t-shirts at the souvenir shops

Too Cool Alexandra

I just want add one more thing...Why is it Lrg shirts have these sleeves that go on forever?!! Do the manufactures think we have extra long arms too*^%$

I'm having some issues with this too and I seriously think my band is having some effect on my middle section. :D

I'm 5'0, 183-186lbs. xl-1x in tops 1x is a bit big. pants 16-18 all petite. i haven't lost a thing in bra size, but i knew i wouldn't. all of my weight seems to have come off my behind, thighs and upper mid section. i've never had shoulders so i can even get into some 14's if they come from somewhere like the avenue.

Hi Nancy,

I am the same weight and height as you 5' 4" at 197. I carry my weight low, my belly was the first thing to go (along with half my boobs :D .)

I wear 18 jeans and they are kinda loose. I can put on 16s but they are tight on the belly so I don't wear them yet. I wear XL and L tshirts, but not sure what size blouses. I'm trying not to buy any new clothes until I lose more weight.

I think my bones must weigh a lot. :( Sizes are so strange. Have you tried KMart? Their jeans seem to run big. Go in and try them on for kicks, no need to buy any. :guess: