Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Does anyone eat Wendy's Chili? I heard it is not too bad to eat, everything in it is soft and easy to chew, and I looked up the nutrition list and it is packed with Protein and Fiber. Is this something that is ok to eat if you're out and about and need something quick?

I'm only post op 6 days so it's not time for me yet but I definitely remember seeing a lot of sleevers posting on this site about eating Wendy's chili (I'm sure without the onions and cheese on top). But I can't remember what phase they were in when they ate it.

I've eaten a third or half of a small serving when I am on the road (aka 100 miles away from home, not just driving around town) and I was able to fit it into my daily macro's just fine. No crackers with it though! I wouldn't eat it, or any fast food, on a regular basis but as a stopgap when traveling it works for me.

PS I had mine with onions and a little cheese and had no problems, either in terms of digestive problems or fitting it into my daily nutrition goals (under 800 calories, under 60 grams of carbs, under 30 grams of fat).

Edited by Bufflehead

I love Wendy's Chili.. that is one of the first things I ate when I was cleared to eat regular foods.. two things I eat from fast food restraunts.. Wendy's chili and Chicfilet chicken Tortilla soup..both good Protein, low cal .

I like Wendy's chili and have eaten it since about week 4 (after approved by doc).

I can make 4 meals out of a large! That makes me laugh.

It is one of my fast food favorite food that my tummy can tolarate. I get the large one and I eat it for lunch for 3-4 days. It usually add some Water to it because it can consume high sodium but it has Protein and low carbs.

Thanks guys! This makes me feel better. I tried some last night just to see what would happen. The Wendy's where I live makes it really runny which was good for me in phase 2. I only ate the veggies and the luquidy broth and left the Beans and chunks of meat. I ate a third of a large. Man was it heaven after 2 weeks of nothing but Water, Protein Shakes, and chicken broth! It's probably not something I will choose to eat all the time, but it is nice to be able to have a little treat when my family wants to eat out. Another place we went closer to after my surgery was Sweet Tomatoes (aka Souplantation). My family was able to enjoy the salad and other foods, and I enjoyed all different kinds of broth from the Soup bar. Delish!