Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gaining the weight BACK after doing everything to get ready and now losing the surgery because my weight went up instead of going down

So I apparently lost 16 pounds in the last month. I'm pretty excited but getting sick this week might have helped :P My appetite is changing and I'm not binging or wanting to binge in the last 2-3 weeks. I find myself driving around fighting with myself about buying and not buying food. I would like to continue the current trend and my biggest problem is cutting juice/soda from my daily/weekly routines. I will make this my unofficial blog and update this every 2 weeks because all the people on this post collectively gave me strength and I have faith that this "blog" will get me over the top.

food is my lover and my comfort. It is my Achilles heel and my pain. It is the last hurdle in my life and this year it will end. This is my manifesto.

Love ya all!

Erwin

Soda is extremely hard to give up im not going to lie I slip up from time to time its not the end of the world im 9+ months post op rny

Hi Krystal!

How much have you lost if you don't mind me asking? Also, one of my biggest problems is my energy level. Has yours improved post-op?

Hi Krystal!

How much have you lost if you don't mind me asking? Also, one of my biggest problems is my energy level. Has yours improved post-op?

I started at 230 im down to 118

I have no energy I did at first but then I kept getting sick I could barely work I have been in the hospital averaging 1 time a month but my case isnt typical and hopefully im on the mend now

Hi Krystal!

Hi mister, i realize your question was for Krystal but wanted to report that one week post op my energy level doubled...not sure why so soon, but I have more energy than I have had in years! In my mind, that id just mindblowing...not sure if it`s the fat burning process or just using the tool I have been blessed with.

I sympathize with your struggle with food. That was also me. I wanted what I wanted and so I ate it...now, while there has been "head hunger" and cravings, surgery changes the ability to over indulge allowing you to develop a healthy relationship with food.

I have faith in you...if I can do this, you can too.

My thoughts and positive energy are with you!

Hey Krystal,

Thanks for sharing. That weight loss is awesome! I am sorry to hear about the hospital stays. I know it's a scary place. Thank you for sharing that information with the group. I really appreciate it. I'll pray for you and have faith that your hospital stays will stop.

Kookichu, it definitely is "head hunger" and I love that expression because my hunger is not physiological in the least. I just love that euphoric feeling I get from eating out and eating late. It's encouraging to hear about your energy level because my level is so low I sometimes don't even understand how I get out of bed. I do it for my twin boys because I am all they got. I have to overcome this addiction and me and them. It's been one day at a time and somedays I just wish I could just lose 100 pounds this month but it's very unrealistic and I have come to accept it is a process and I also have come to realize I am not alone and people like me with the same struggles do exist and I am so happy to come across so many on this forum. It's such a blessing because I did not feel this connected at OA. Thank you for sharing kookichu!

Hello All!

I said I would follow up every 2 weeks. So my body is taking over subconsciously and I have not had the desire for the same food. In the last 2 weeks, I have lost 12 more pounds! I just need to integrate exercise in my daily routine and I'll be golden! In March, I'm going on a food program like nutrisystem called Medifast. I'll do that for 4 weeks and incorporate the exercise this coming weekend.i feel encouraged for the first time in a long time and I just want to keep saying thank you for listening and all of your kind words. It really has helped!! Well, stay tuned because I expect more good news in 2 weeks!

I will not let my past dictate my future.

Sincerely,

Erwin

Hello All! I said I would follow up every 2 weeks. So my body is taking over subconsciously and I have not had the desire for the same food. In the last 2 weeks, I have lost 12 more pounds! I just need to integrate exercise in my daily routine and I'll be golden! In March, I'm going on a food program like nutrisystem called Medifast. I'll do that for 4 weeks and incorporate the exercise this coming weekend.i feel encouraged for the first time in a long time and I just want to keep saying thank you for listening and all of your kind words. It really has helped!! Well, stay tuned because I expect more good news in 2 weeks! I will not let my past dictate my future. Sincerely, Erwin

Yes!! Get your life!! Woohoo!!!

Good luck to you! Great job getting back on track, that is so difficult, but you did it! Stay strong :)

Erwin,

What you've listed as food you've eaten such as black coffee, breadsticks, fruit & Fiber one Cereal isn't really smart eating. As I approach my 2nd yr anniversary with the band, I continually need to remind myself of making healthy choices. With the band, I need to make the best choices nutritionally, especially since I'm restricted with my eating. I find that when I'm not eating enough Protein and not getting enough variety I tend to lapse into some old habits. I would recommend eating more Protein. Have a hard boiled egg with your fruit & coffee instead of a breadstick. The carbs in the breadstick and sugar in the fruit along with coffee... It seems you are lacking true substance. I find that when I fail to plan my meals for the week, I also don't make healthy choices. Track what you're eating, get protein, cut the carbs, and give yourself variety. With your busy lifestyle, you can still be successful. I returned for my second masters 6 months post-op and I'm a single mom. If I can do it, you can do it too.

Hi All!

Thanks for the support! I love it. Candice, I've been thinking of making an omelette in the morning with some veggies. What do you think about that? Better?? I've been meaning to cut the breadsticks out because you're not the first to make that kind of comment and I do need to make a better effort with the Protein. Let me know what you think of an omelette please, I'd appreciate your feedback.

Congrats on your Master's as well. That is a tough road and one I too need to go down one day.

I'll make the changes tomorrow and have some good news again in 2 weeks time.

Good night to all!

Erwin

Erwin,

Your post really hit home and I just wanted to say that I am proud of you for making the change on your own. I had the Bypass surgery done 12 days ago and am down 20lbs but honestly I am scared what will happen when I can eat food again. Just keep reminding yourself that you are worth it. Have you tried mixing in Protein drinks at all? I saw that juice was a hard one for you so why not use "nectar protein" instead? It's like juice and comes in many different flavors. You can get a sample pack for pretty cheap on mybariatricpantry.com or Lindora has a good wild berry one with 15g Protein. This might help out a bit too with the protein intake and the need for juice. It has helped me a bit. As for Breakfast try through some turkey in with eggs and broccoli. You can add other veggies too or even peppers if you like. That is one of my favorite Breakfast foods but don't have the potatoes with it, have some fresh fruit or cottage cheese.

As for your energy levels, have you talked to your doctor about take sublingual B12 twice a day? That what they have us do after surgery and it's helped a lot!!! I love getting out and doing this now because I have the energy. Best of luck with everything and thank you for sharing your journey!

:)