Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgiversary! Shortie goes from size 20 to size 0! Pics included

OMG you look radiant. Beautiful! Congrats.

Unbelievable!! Congrats!!!!

That's inspiring! My surgery date is January 28th. I'm so ready for this!

Jenny, you look fantastic!

What would you say made you successful? I'm always looking for nuggets of wisdom!

Did you eat super low carb? Or is it more balanced?

You look terRIFic!! Congratulations!

My start and goal weights are very similar to yours, and I'm 5'3". How long after surgey did you reach goal? I'm guessing it will take me 6-8 months...

Jenny, you look fantastic!

What would you say made you successful? I'm always looking for nuggets of wisdom!

Did you eat super low carb? Or is it more balanced?

I did eat very low carb during the weight loss phase. As I got closer to maintenance, I began adding more carbs so that my body wouldn't freak out once I got to goal and suddenly increased carbs. I did it gradually. I average 130 carbs a day now.

You look terRIFic!! Congratulations!

My start and goal weights are very similar to yours, and I'm 5'3". How long after surgey did you reach goal? I'm guessing it will take me 6-8 months...

My original goal was 125, and I reached that in 10 months. I of course went on to lose 9 more, but I hit my original goal in 10 months. :)

I can't believe it has been an entire year since I made the decision to get the sleeve! I was a self pay, so my process was quick. I met with my surgeon in December 2012 and had surgery the beginning of January 2013. I'm 5'2" and my highest weight was 206. Today I am maintaining at 116. I literally woke up one day in November 2012 and told myself I was going to fix this, that I can't live my life happily and the way that I want to if I was just going to keep yoyo dieting and getting fatter and fatter. So I immediately scheduled a consultation (yes there was plenty of research on my part). It hasn't been easy, however it's been incredibly rewarding. I was a major binge eater. That's the biggest reason I chose this surgery. I needed something physically to take away my ability to sit down at a single sitting and eat over 4000 calories. Sure enough, it fixed that problem for me! Below are before and after pics. I was a size 20 pants and XL shirt, and the after pic was taken last night. The dress is a DOUBLE ZERO! I am wearing size 0 pants and extra small shirts usually. Still doesn't seem real. I encourage everyone beginning this journey to take the time in the beginning to really change your life. You can't half ass it and expect to come out on top. I thank you all for being such a great support to me over the past year. :)

Oh my gosh!! Congratulations! You look absolutely amazing! You are a true inspiration and it's unbelievable how much this surgery changes peoples' lives! You should be very proud of yourself and your hard work! :)

I agree you look Fab~U.. What exercise plan did you incorporate to your new life style?

Congrats. You look beautiful.

I am interested in your exercise regimen and how many carbs in the wgt loss phase?

Well look at you, you tiny little thing! NICE WORK!

I love this line:

'You can't half ass it and expect to come out on top.'

Did you have cheat days? Cheat meals?

Jenny12, I feal like I just read MY story after reading yours only I'm only 3 1/2 weeks out right now, and you are telling me where I could be in less than a year! I'm really excited! I've already lost 23 lbs and I can't believe it! I started the same weight as you and I'm also only 5'2". I too needed this tool to change horrible habits. I was hungry thefirst two weeks and then realized my first lesson how this "tool" works...it was head hunger! I realized that and smiled knowing that this was the best thing I have ever done for myself! A life change that I can live with! Not just live as in deal with, but really LIVE with. I have rheumatoid arthritis and take tons of meds daily, plus do infusions. I was literally dying more every day...I could feel it! Unable to excercise because I just was too heavy and too tired, my blood pressure, cholesterol and sugar numbers were all going to the dogs. The result, MORE MEDS! UGH! I made a decision one day to take back my life! I was sleeved Dec 18th and now I'm asking myself why I didn't do it sooner. :)

I'm still on lots of meds for the ra, but already off all the other for other health issues, because THEY ARE GONE! Praise God!