Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am almost 7 months post op and I am still losing hair. My hair is REALLY thin. I have heard alot of people say it will stop shedding after 6 months, but I still shedding. I have bought Biotin and collagen Shampoo. I also bought biotin Vitamins, but I am horrible about remembering to take them. Any suggestions?

I had thick hair until I got ready to TTC when I came off birth control. My hair started falling out and then facial hair started growing. I tried for a year went to OB/GYN I knew she was going to tell me thay I had PCOS. Sure enough did ultrasound and bloodwork csme back positive for PCOS. That is the main reason I had the sleeve because of PCOS and still wanting to conceive. In the meantime I dont want to lose all my hair.

Remembering to take meds takes 1) resolve and 2) a system.

I use pill minders... those containers with one or more compartments for each day of the week. There are several different kinds, and the one you select is normally based on the number and size of pills you want to remember to take.

The system I use includes one 4-compartment container for each day of the month. The 4 compartments are Breakfast, lunch, dinner and Bedtime. I fill up all the containers at one time, once a month, and I can fit in all my post-sleeve Vitamins and minerals except the Calcium. For that I've purchased 4x4" ziplock baggies, and every Sunday I fill one for each day of the week. Each weekday I carry one 4-compartment container and one little ziplock with me to work, and I take the appropriate meds at the appropriate times.

Hope that helps!

I hear ya! I am 6 1/2 months out and maybe the shedding has slowed down a little but hasn't stopped. Looking forward to hearing everyone's answers.

what is your diet? might not be getting enough Protein or another essential.

Edited by Chase30

Please if anyone has gone through this loss of hair and has help, share your success. I am losing hair in huge handfuls. 4 months and 1 week out and it started about 3 weeks ago. At this rate if it doesn't stop I will be bald.in about 4 more months. Help.

Please if anyone has gone through this loss of hair and has help, share your success. I am losing hair in huge handfuls. 4 months and 1 week out and it started about 3 weeks ago. At this rate if it doesn't stop I will be bald.in about 4 more months. Help.

-------------------------

Barbmeow I'm 7 weeks out and started shedding lots of hair, my hair was already shedding/thinning out lots before WLS, but this week is really bad I'm afraid to brush or Shampoo. I tried the Nioxin shampoo but it didn't find it helped. I now washing my hair every other day.

From what I've read some lose more than other but it does grow back, that's about the only positive and bright side of the scary experience we are going through.

I'm forcing to remind to myself to take all my Vitamins daily and just bought all liquid form as they digest right away, plus my doc informed me I'm super low in Vitamin D so must take lots of it.

Stopped at Vitamin Shoppe to buy all:

Omega fish oil w/vitamin D3 (taste like lemon, not fishy at all)

Multivitamin

Vitamin D3 drops

Calcium w/vitamin D3

Biotin 5000ml dissolvable by Natrol, bottle says 1 a day but I'm taking 2, they tastes like grape candy too

I hope and praying Vitamins kick in and helps.

I am getting in all my Protein drinks too,

Hang in there, I have faith it will stop and will regrow