Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone lose weight w/out exercise?

"Anyone lose weight w/out exercise?"

Anyone lose w/out able to exercise for whatever reason?

I was sleeved on 11/14/13 and due to low back 4 bulging disc and severe pain, I haven't been able to get all my walking in.

I'd like to know if you lost weight and how much in how long with minimal or no exercise?

I'm losing inches but not lbs.

female, 5'7, age 47

HW 266, SW 244, CW 238

I did nothing more than walking the first few months after being sleeved. After a few months I jogged 30 min 2xs a week. I didn't get serious about exercise until August/September.

I hate to admit it but in 2013 I lost 66 pounds with out exercise.

66 lbs TOTAL. 40 pre-op. 26 post op.... 3 months.

post op my rate of weight loss has slowed to less than it should be between 1 to 2 lbs /week.

Starting today I am ramping up my exercise to add aerobics classes 2-4 time pre week.

I have 33 pounds to go and I AM GOING FOR IT. NOTHING IS GOING TO STOP ME!

I have lost 83 pounds without exercise. I was sleeved 09.27.13. Keep in mind I do have a lot to lose. I am going to start exercising when I hit a stall. Since my weight has been coming off pretty well I didn't want to change anything up yet.

I have lost 83 pounds without exercise. I was sleeved 09.27.13. Keep in mind I do have a lot to lose. I am going to start exercising when I hit a stall. Since my weight has been coming off pretty well I didn't want to change anything up yet.

Same as barbie girl, i have a lot to lose, down 70 lbs in 3 months (plus 2 week preop). I try to walk 5-6 times a week but that's really it excelpt for the occasional wii fit kickboxing or step aerobics. I see no reason to "go hard" until i stop losing so easily or hit a stall. I plan to ramp it up once i hit onederland

"Anyone lose weight w/out exercise?"

Anyone lose w/out able to exercise for whatever reason?

I was sleeved on 11/14/13 and due to low back 4 bulging disc and severe pain, I haven't been able to get all my walking in.

I'd like to know if you lost weight and how much in how long with minimal or no exercise?

I'm losing inches but not lbs.

female, 5'7, age 47

HW 266, SW 244, CW 238

Going into this last year, I knew three people who didn't exercise and lost the weight they wanted. Two are maintaining, one appears to be gaining again.

Something to consider: at 416lbs I was carrying around at least 200lbs of excess weight daily. A side effect people hardly consider in addition to high blood pressure, diabetes, sleep apnea, and other nasties is increased muscle mass. :o Yes, carrying around all that weight does build muscle. Muscles that are not exercised atrophy. You don't have to kill yourself at the gym or run a daily marathon to exercise. So this is part of the reason I encourage it. Sure people have bad knees, bad backs, etc but there is SOMETHING you can do for exercise.

I have lost 101 pounds in a little over 5 months without any exercise. I hate exercise and I have some medical issues that prevents me from doing it. Now that I have lost all of the weight, my blood pressure is now low, extremely low when standing or during any exertion. I flunked a stress test yesterday because my blood pressure dropped so much and I started having difficulty breathing and had severe leg cramps. So my cardiologist told me no exercise till he finds out what is wrong with me. But I lost all my weight through food intake and watching Days of our Lives lol

I was sleeved May 28, 2013. It's been just over 7 months and I've lost 90 lbs with NO exercise! Kind of weird to see such amazing results without adding exercise in there, but I am NOT complaining! I am 9 lbs away from my goal and all that's really left to do is tone, so I will be starting exercising soon :D

I lost down to goal (206 lbs to 116 lbs) without really exercising. I don't necessarily recommend it, but doing it by diet alone is completely doable. I was lucky and don't have saggy skin, maybe because I'm fairly young and wasn't overweight for that long, but I do need to do some squats for my rear end!

I've lose half of my weight without exercising. We are having repeated gale force winds with white out conditions.

I'm 66 and don't need a broken arm or leg from falling on the ice.

That said I am looking forward to getting out when I can. I know exercise will help me lose faster and tone what is left.

I was sleved three yrs ago and lost abt 80 lbs and have not exercised. I fluctuate with five lbs up and down but dont weigh every day. My clothes tell me when to cut bk.

I have lost most of my weight with some walking. I have been walking more now due to needing to strengthening my muscles. :)

I wasn;t allowed to work out for the first 8 months due to lower back lose hip knee problems and a couple of other reasons I was having some treatment for stuff so couldn't; even go swimming till I had recovered.

I pretty much stayed in my house other than going to hospital for them months I didn;t even walk up and down my stairs much.

I never did work out much even when I could I am very bad at that lol

I started off swimming once a week for about a hour I would be done when I started feeling the pull ache and tiredness of my abdomen.

a couple of months of that I added in going to the gym 2 nights a week for 30mins of mostly weight training very little cardio.

can't use certain machines due to the back hip and knees.

I slacked right off mid nov and didn't go at all for dec or jan and so far not feb either.

total lazy butt here!

I also don't calorie count don't weigh myself don't weigh food out don't obsess or stress out about any of it never have.

I have lost over 100# over the past 13 months without exercising once. There are no medical reasons for this. I am simply lazy. I am an emergency veterinarian and work 3-4 15 hour shifts a week....all overnights! I also have 4 young children and like to spend time off with them. My DH who has been extremely supportive in this journey is pushing me to start working out....but I lack the motivation. I do try to keep my self on a ultra low carb high protien diet which I think has allowed mycontinued success without exercise. I am still losing and will have to see if things change once I hit maintenence.