Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had my gastric sleeve on December 30th and feel like I am flailing around. I feel like I should be eating. I don't know if I'm actually hungry or just think I am. Anyone else feel like this?

You should be following your guidelines to get in the required Protein and fluids whether you are hungry or not. Just sip, sip, sip. You don't want to end up in the ER with dehydration. I always found that warm broth made my tummy feel better so I would sip on that in between Protein drinks. It counts as Water.

Thank you. What Protein Drinks do you find taste the best?

Premier Protein ready to drink and Isopure Zero Carb is what I live on. For broth I would use Kitchen Basics unsalted chicken broth and heat it in a saucepan with a tiny bit of Better than Bouillon and some dried rosemary and thyme until the herbs infused their flavor. Then strain out the herbs and it is delicious and soothing.

Hi Jaynedeath,

The first week post op was the worst for me. I was still weak from the surgery, I was sick of drinking broth, I was super worried about not getting enough liquids and getting dehydrated and I was dying to chew something, anything...! It felt like the longest week of my life. The good news is that it gets so much better. Once you are back on Protein shakes and then pureed foods, you will appreciate every gulp and bite - priceless.

In all honesty, I could not find a clear liquid Protein that tasted good. Isopure Zero Carb tastes horrible. I tried making ice cubes with it, popsicles, you name it. Nothing made it better. By mid-week I decided to just drink it straight up every morning and be done with it.

In the beginning I felt that warm drinks were soothing to my new stomach: Decaf tea, broth. I drank Light Cranberry juice (delish), and diluted apple juice. Not the best nutritional choices, but allowed temporarily by my doctor to get me through phase 1.

Best of luck!!!

I am 12 days post op, still in my full liquid/puree stage. Right now, I am sipping on Isopure banana Crème mixed with Crystal Light banana strawberry pineapple. Tastes pretty good.

I have enspira Protein Powder and it is disgusting. I will go to GNC and see what I can find. Thank you for the tips ladies.

I love EAS whey Protein in chocolate. We order online.

I love the Premier Protein drinks as well. You get 30g of Protein with each shake. I buy them at Sam's but you can get them at costco and BJ's also. The other day I saw them at Walmart in a 4 pack if you want to give them a try. Also, if you are feeling hunger is is probably acid. Are you taking an acid reducer? If not, I would strongly suggest that you talk to your doctor about it. Acid mimics hunger a lot. If you eat and then in just a little bit your hungry again that could be it. Good luck to you!

What kind of Protein does premier have?

It is whey Protein and comes in chocolate or vanilla ready to drink. I buy it at Kroger.

What kind of Protein does premier have?

It has milk Protein concentrate, Calcium casinate, whey protein concentrate, milk protein isolate. You get 30g protein, 160 calories, 1g sugar, low fat 1g saturated fat. They taste delicious and I love putting it in my coffee with some sf caramel machiotto Creamer. So good!! Give them a try! :)

Premier Protein shakes are just under $19 for a case of 12 at Sam's.

Edited by Beach Lover

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
    • KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
    • Aunty Mamo

Iʻm roughly 6 weeks post-op this morning and have begun to feel like a normal human, with a normal human body again. I started introducing solid foods and pill forms of medications/supplements a couple of weeks ago and it's really amazing to eat meals with my family again, despite the fact that my portions are so much smaller than theirs. 
      I live on the island of Oʻahu and spend a lot of time in the water- for exercise, for play,  and for spiritual & mental health. The day I had my month out appointment with my surgeon, I packed all my gear in my truck, anticipating his permission to get back in the ocean. The minute I walked out of that hospital I drove straight to the shore and got in that water. Hallelujah! My appointment was at 10 am. I didn't get home until after 5 pm. 
      I'm down 31 pounds since the day of surgery and 47 since my pre-op diet began, with that typical week long stall occurring at three weeks. I'm really starting to see some changes lately- some of my clothing is too big, some fits again. The most drastic changes I notice however are in my face. I've also noticed my endurance and flexibility increasing. I was really starting to be held up physically, and I'm so grateful that I'm seeing that turn around in such short order. 
      My general disposition lately is hopeful and motivated. The only thing that bugs me on a daily basis still is the way those supplements make my house smell. So stink! But I just bought a smell proof bag online that other people use to put their pot in. My house doesn't stink anymore. 

· 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

Oh yeah, something I wanted to rant about, a billing dispute that cropped up 3 months ago.
      Surgery was in August of 2023. A bill shows up for over $7,000 in January. WTF? I asks myself. I know that I jumped through all of the insurance hoops and verified this and triple checked that, as did the surgeon's office. All was set, and I paid all of the known costs before surgery.
      A looong story short, is that an assistant surgeon that was in the process of accepting money from my insurance company touched me while I was under anesthesia. That is what the bill was for. But hey, guess what? Some federal legislation was enacted last year to help patients out when they cannot consent to being touched by someone out of their insurance network. These types of bills fall under something called, "surprise billing," and you don't have to put up with it.
      https://www.cms.gov/nosurprises
      I had to make a lot of phone calls to both the surgeon's office and the insurance company and explain my rights and what the maximum out of pocket costs were that I could be liable for. Also had to remind them that it isn't my place to be taking care of all of this and that I was going to escalate things if they could not play nice with one another.
      Quick ending is that I don't have to pay that $7,000+. Advocate, advocate, advocate for yourself no matter how long it takes and learn more about this law if you are ever hit with a surprise bill.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches