Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Restriction and eating

I am 4 weeks and 4 days post surgery and I am also in the group that can eat more than the 1/4 cup of mushy food I should have per meal for certain items. From day one on the full liquids I was allowed yogurt (without any fruit in it) and I could eat the entire 6oz container. I could eat 4oz of cottage cheese or applesauce at a time as soon as progressed to mushy. However, meat definitely has a limit of about the 2 tablespoons they advised for the mushy phase. I have to admit I never puree anything, so it is chopped finely and has broth, gravy or salsa on it to help it go down and I chew each bite for a long time. Perhaps if I did puree it would go down easier. I had some issues in the first week or two with consuming all the Water on top of the two Protein shakes, but that is over. No issues with liquids at all.

I have also been worried that my sleeve will not provide the restriction I need. Over the last 10 days I have experienced hunger most days. This is more of a problem when I am at work. I don't get as much sleep as I did before returning to work and I am still trying to figure out how to time my meals, shakes and Water to avoid hunger.

I am 5 days out and can't get my Protein in let alone my fluids. I don't know what to do...but I need to figure out a way to get my protein in. The shakes are revolting to me and make me sick to even smell. And suggestions?

I am at 5 1/2 mos., but I'm still not hungery , if I eat too much I hurt under my

left breast . So I try and eat slowly and problaby eat about 4 bites of meat and approx., 2 tbs of 2 veggies whichI still have two much on my plate and have to give tosomeone else to finish. I ate my first whole biscut this week I was amazed that I did it. I try to make sure Im getting enough Protein I found a plant based Protein Shake is's called Instant Protein Smiithie has 15 grams of dairy free protein, 21 Vitamins and minerals, 6grams of Fiber. 5 servings of fjits and veggies . Found it at Walmart.< /p>

Sheesh... So many different answers, but it's good to hear about each of your experiences. Love this board!

I'm losing steadily and staying on plan. It's the restriction part that concerns me. I wonder if not getting all of the food in leads to nutrient deficiencies...

I am 5 days out and can't get my Protein in let alone my fluids. I don't know what to do...but I need to figure out a way to get my protein in. The shakes are revolting to me and make me sick to even smell. And suggestions?

Jaime I think this is just how it goes 5 days out. I could barely drink. Horrible cramping in my chest. I'm nearly 2 weeks out now and I can get down what I'm supposed to. Hang in there and keep trying. It gets better.

I am 5 days out and can't get my Protein in let alone my fluids. I don't know what to do...but I need to figure out a way to get my Protein in. The shakes are revolting to me and make me sick to even smell. And suggestions?

Have you tried the unjury protein chicken Soup? A lot of people can tolerate warm savory drinks better than cold sweet drinks, particularly thick cold sweet drinks. Other possibilities:

protein enriched soups:

http://www.nashuanutrition.com/store/hot-soups/

hot chocolate or cappuccino:

http://www.nashuanutrition.com/store/hot-drinks/

When I was on full liquids I did some other stuff like:

--cup of hot chai tea with a half scoop of vanilla Protein powder stirred in

--cup of hot beef bouillon with a half scoop of unflavored Protein Powder and some steak seasoning

--cup of hot coffee (decaf per my instructions) with a half scoop of chocolate protein powder stirred in

When you stir in regular protein powder to a hot drink, you need to use a food thermometer to make sure the hot drink is not over 130 degrees or the protein will clump. For protein drinks/soups that are intended to be consumed hot, the usual rule is they can be over 130 but not boiling.

Good luck!

I am 5 days out and can't get my Protein in let alone my fluids. I don't know what to do...but I need to figure out a way to get my Protein in. The shakes are revolting to me and make me sick to even smell. And suggestions?

Have you tried the unjury protein chicken Soup? A lot of people can tolerate warm savory drinks better than cold sweet drinks, particularly thick cold sweet drinks. Other possibilities:

protein enriched soups:

http://www.nashuanutrition.com/store/hot-soups/

hot chocolate or cappuccino:

http://www.nashuanutrition.com/store/hot-drinks/

When I was on full liquids I did some other stuff like:

--cup of hot chai tea with a half scoop of vanilla protein powder stirred in

--cup of hot beef bouillon with a half scoop of unflavored protein powder and some steak seasoning

--cup of hot coffee (decaf per my instructions) with a half scoop of chocolate protein powder stirred in

When you stir in regular protein powder to a hot drink, you need to use a food thermometer to make sure the hot drink is not over 130 degrees or the protein will clump. For protein drinks/soups that are intended to be consumed hot, the usual rule is they can be over 130 but not boiling.

Good luck!

Thank you! I am feeling human again today and actually got down a good portion of protein today! Tomorrow is post op apt, can't wait to hear what they say! Big plans for 2014. Thanks for the support!!!!!

I'm 3 weeks out and everything I eat feels like it's churning. My full feeling happens all of a sudden so that sometimes I worry that I'm eating to much. I don't have a warning. I also feel hungry and crave foods which scares me, I'd rather never feel hungry.