Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am getting sleeved on the 21st of this month by Dr. alejandro lopez at Mi Doctor Hospital. What items should I bring?

I know to bring my c-pap machine, Cathy said there is a large fee per night if I need to rent one from the hospital. I know to bring meds in the original rx bottles.< /span>

Would someone give me an idea of what I need? Starting from how many changes of clothes, to pjs or nightgown, toiletries, do I need to bring my own washcloth, scrungee, etc? When I travel to Europe I always bring my own scrungee, because is many places the washcloth is non-existant. Houseshoes?

I have read gas-x, extra extension cords, etc.I could not find a list on the site of what might be needed, any input appreicated.

Thanks!

I didn't need anything really. I brought two pairs of PJs, my nook, phone, books, etc. I only ended up using my slippers and phone to text family members and surf the web when I was up to it.

My hospital supplied toiletries.

i didnt bring much and was only there for a day. i had my phone and charger. i brought a book which i read like 10 pages of. i wore the same clothes home that i came to hospital in. i did bring my own robe b/c that makes me comfy. the hospital gave me all the toiletries i needed. CHAPSTICK is a must. i was sooo dry after surgery and all they give you until after your leak test is sponges to wet your mouth so dont forget this!

CHAPSTICK...Of all the things I packed, Chapstick is the thing I used most.

Went in on Monday and home tuesday afternoon. No extra clothes, wore the same baggy things there that I wore home. Loose around the middle (my husband wore sweatpants that loosened). Because you will have soreness after surgery. Might want a light robe to cover your behind when they make you walk down the hall (LOL) after surgery, and some slippers. Didn't touch my book or phone. But I had things like you, that I read on here. Just pulled them along in the rolling bag LOL. My husband had a problem with the catheter due to a prostate problem, and had to stay 3 nights, but he didn't need much extras either as it is easier to stay in the hospital gown. Best of luck!!

In addition to the items others have mentioned, I brought earplugs and a lavender scented eye mask. I'm glad I did because my room was right outside the nurses station and it was bright and busy all night long. Good luck.

I will tell you that the number one thing that I brought that was the most used...bring an electric heating pad! The heating pad help tremendously with the gas cramps in my back, chest, and shoulders. If I had not brought it, I don't know how I would have made it! I didn't use the chapstick or lotion I brought (for the dry weather in Mexico), I brought a change of clothes for each day, but I just didn't feel up to dressing nice until the day I went to the hotel. Now, I brought jammie pants and tops. Some people said that you can't wear them due to the iv, but they unscrew the port in your hand from the cord and you are able to shower and dress easily. I also used a small pillow for coughing and sneezing. It helps a little. I happened to have a small pillow (it's my sons) that was the most perfect size and thickness both for comfortably holding and fitting in your luggage. Bring rags if you are going to Mexico. My hospital gave me one rag with the hospital name monogrammed on it to bring home, but nothing else to use the few days you are at the hospital. Luckily we brought some just in case. They do provide towels, of course, but the towels at our hotel the last night were actually dish towels...and there was only one. When we asked for more, they brought two more dish towels. I brought slippers and wore them everywhere. The things they give you are these super tight white leggings that you struggle (and I mean struggle) to get on your legs and they go all of the way up to your thigh. I have bird legs and I struggled with them. I had to wear mine for most of my time there as they help with preventing blood clots. At the bottom of the leggings is a hole. So, they go around your feet, but at the bottom you have this very uncomfortable round hole. Then the "slippers" they provide are really those blue slips you put on your shoes when you go into a room when someone is having surgery. So, I used my this comfy slippers every time I got up. I brought a ponytail because I knew other wise, brushing my hair when I left would be a nightmare! LOL! We brought our own Shampoo and conditioner. I had my Mom with me and I have long hair, so the shampoo and soap that the hospital provided would not have showered us both. And that's all I can think of. If I happen to think of anything else, I will let ya know. Just...if you can only bring one thing, please please please bring a heating pad! LOL! I cannot stress to you enough how much of a life saver it was for me!

Edited by Chunky_Dunk

Just realized you are going to Mexico! I need to read your page before posting. Lesson learned. Sounds like you are getting good information! Good luck!

Even though it may have been mentioned before, bring Gas-X Strips. My best advice is to pack light. Phone charger, clean socks and underpants and loose fitting clothing.

I'm getting sleeved by Dr. Lopez the same day! I'm getting nervous but am excited at the same time. Two of my friends have had theirs done and have nothing but good things to say about their time there.