Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr Hoehn at KC Bariatric

Yes, he did my surgery. I've had absolutely no problems. I have a friend who was sleeved by his partner, Dr. Hamilton in August. He has had no issues either.

One night. Surgery at 9am on a Thursday and out by 9am on Friday.

Do you have a date yet?

Not yet. I have my psych eval, meet with Dr Hoehn and do the pre-op class on Monday. Case manager (Nicole) said that they would schedule my surgery that day. I'm so excited but also getting nervous... I suppose that is normal?? Any tips or advice? Things you wish you would have known? How have you done with the sleeve? Sorry, that's a lot of questions!! Lol!! :)

I did a lot of reading on this site and I had a friend who was sleeved in August so I felt very prepared for what to expect.

I would say the nervousness is totally normal, but so unnecessary. The medical team in the surgery center is top notch. They show compassion and seem to truly care that you are comfortable.

For me, the most painful part of the recovery is that deep stitch on your left side. No incision pain.

I had much more anxiety over getting the staples removed than I did the EGD or surgery, and that was a complete waste of energy. It was a breeze. I couldn't even feel most of them coming out.

You will not meet your Water or Protein goals for several weeks so don't fret over that. They will tell you it is more important to work towards the Water goal than the Protein goal - gotta prevent dehydration.

You will likely be constipated. I've still not won that war. I expect this will be a challenge for some time.

You will have stalls. And they are frustrating. You just have to gut your way through. I have lost 3 pounds in the last 16 days. I can go 10-14 days with no loss. Though I know it's normal, it is discouraging.

Overall, I have lost 39 pounds in 11 weeks. I am a slow loser, i guess. But it is better than I could do without the sleeve. I just know it's going to work and I need to be patient.

Oh, I would also say don't over-pack for the hospital stay. I wore the same clothes home that I wore there. I didn't even shower there. I took clean underwear, toothbrush and toothpaste, iPad and phone. And lip balm. I worked that morphine so I could rest up as much as possible. Laid low on the day I got home and went the the movies the next day.

Please let me know if you have any other questions and GOOD LUCK!! It's all very exciting!

Wow!! I think you have made great progress!! Congratulations on your loss! Thank you so much for the valuable information! I have been on here a lot since finding this site and it has been sooo helpful!! I wish you the best of luck over the next 11 weeks! :)