Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Getting sleveed now

I am in my room waiting for them to come take me, part of me wants to run away and internally so scared dunno , the fear of the unknown once you wake . Will I be ok ? Will I have complications ? Will I get my gas out ?

I felt the exact same way. To the point where they said no one is keeping you here. No one is forcing you. If you want to leave you clothes are right there. Change and go if you want. I was so scared I kept crying before. I was in pain the 2nd day after and I also cried to my mom and said I made a mistake. My mom said it would get easier. It has and I'm happier every day that I did it. I'm 3 weeks and 3 days post op. The chances are low for complications. Just follow your doctors directions and you should be fine. This is a life change. It shouldn't be taken lightly. You decide what it's worth to you.

Suko your feelings are valid. I strongly believe we all felt the same way. As for me I felt the very same way you are feeling, scared, anxious, excited, nervous and questioned my what if's as you are.

You're going to be just fine, think of all the positives. I'm 1 month 2 weeks out and it was hard the first week, but each week that passed by got easier. Just take everything from hear on hour by hour. Do not think of tomorrow or next day you will stress yourself out. Focus on you and healing while in the hospital. Listen to all instructions given to by doctors and nurses.

If you need a buddy, I'm available. My thoughts and prayers are with you. You're strong and will be just fine. Wishing you a healthy and successful recovery, stay positive and have faith.

Happy New Year!!

We as people love the company of other people and friends. Not just for companionship, but typically to help with making up our minds about things. Think about the times when you've been on the fence about something and you actually seek out a friend or loved one's opinion....ie - buying a new car......picking out a nice outfit......spending that huge amount of money or saving it. If the friend agrees, we feel supported in the decision to go forward. If they don't support us, we find another friend that will. We really need that assurance that it's the right move. That way later when it goes south.....we can point a finger at someone else for the blame.

But......we don't do it with everything. With some things, we know ourselves so well, we just leap and get it... or do it, without a second thought. After all....nobody knows us better than we know ourselves, right. No wonder we need therapy.

Well, this is kinda one of those times where the decision needs.....no....MUST be ours alone. You can and should research ALL options first, but you must finally decide on your own. No one else is going to live with the outcome but you. I personally am using the Pre-op diet to align any last minute doubts I have on whether I can really give up all the comfort foods and Desserts I see all around me as I drink Protein drinks and eat Soup. I find myself questioning if the longer healthier life I'm seeking is really worth giving all this up forever. I do this over and over, a hundred times an hour. I also keep reading all the success stories and happiness from others to keep me centered on the positives.

But in the end, I don't ask for anyone else's opinions on my actual decision. I even tune out any unsolicited ones from others. I need this one to be only mine. I'm the only one that is going to know if it is worth it.

So.....what should you do....... All I can say is......I wish you the best with whatever decision you make.

Good Luck Suko75 I am right behind you 5 more days to go for me. Believe I am feeling the same exact way you are feeling and my day hasn't come yet. I am praying that your surgery is a success and you have a smooth recovery. We are all here for you..

Hope everything went smoothly!

How'd it go? Enjoying the pain meds? Be sure to try to get your fluids in these early days and try to walk around the hospital as much as you are comfortable doing. That will help make you feel better sooner.

Well guys I am 5 days post today.. Just a flash back I wrote the this post while I was preparing for surgery just an hour or so, I remember being moved in the surgery room lying on the trolley still having doubts I was waiting for just a chance for anyone to tell me it won't work today go home. I have been through 4 surgeries before this one and was always the lion heart no idea why the fear was haunting me this time . Well anyway I went through the surgery and I will be honest the 1st day was not so good at all I was in so much pain and I think I slept through it from the meds the doc said he did two in one as my stomach had twisted and slipped up in my esophagus so he adjusted it along with sleeve. The 2nd day was better yet still in pain was able to move and respond but my only trouble was getting my gases out and drain I had in my side. I remained in hospital till day 4 but I had improved so much with sipping the liquids and all , I was released yesterday and being at home is like I am new person I am more active, happier, enjoying my shakes and Jello yum :)

Ok to sum up my pain is better, incisions still sore bit of pain, sleeping is still difficult yet liquids and Protein Shakes not bad to get down . Not large amounts though and I feel pretty soon I will be better. No more pain meds thank god.