Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Older Sleevers?

I am worried that I may to old for the sleeve. Are there and 60+ men on this forum that have been sleeved recently? I am 65. Was supposed to be sleeved three years ago but my insurance cancelled 5 days before the surgery. I was worried about my age then too.

I'm 71 and scheduled to be sleeved on Feb 4. My docs have all been supportive and say that the risks of the surgery are only incrementally larger for me than for a younger person

I am looking forward to the surgery and am optimistic about the results.

I'm 59 and was sleeved 2 weeks ago.

Awesome! You guys take a load off of my mind especially you Chris.

My daughter had the gastric bypass about 15 years ago. When I talk to her about having this surgery she asks me why I would want to put myself through this. :rolleyes:

Same reason most other folks do, I want a better quality of life for the remainder of my years.

:)

I'm 60, and was sleeved about 7 weeks ago. Best thing I've ever done for myself. One of my reasons is that I hope to find love again after years of being alone, and I think I'll have a better chance of it if I'm not obese. I would definitely date a 65 year old man, and I'd be a lot more comfortable about a long term relationship with any man who is interested in doing what's best for his health. All that said, though - you gotta do what's best for YOU.

Mick, whether you are a man or a woman doesn't come into it. I have just turned 62 and I was sleeved on 09/18. The last time I looked I was most definitely a woman! Since my op I have lost 46 pounds (still to update my ticker!) and I do not regret it for one moment. I only wish I'd had the funds sooner as I was self pay.

Of course you want a better quality of life and it is NEVER too late to do so.

I am down from 7 HBP tablets to 1 and feel and look so much better.

Your daughter should understand rather than query your motives.

I sailed through my op and with HBP and asthma I thought otherwise. You go for it and start writing up your bucket list of things to do!

AMEN to that!!!!

Awesome! You guys take a load off of my mind especially you Chris.

My daughter had the gastric bypass about 15 years ago. When I talk to her about having this surgery she asks me why I would want to put myself through this. :rolleyes:

Same reason most other folks do, I want a better quality of life for the remainder of my years.

I am 65 now and I was 63 when I got my sleeve. Best thing I've done in a long time. It was like going back in time. The time we have left is precious, might as well spend it strong and healthy. I am now.

Mick, I completely agree with Gman......the time we have left is even more precious. I'm 62 and getting sleeved in a week. I had a MI a few years back and even after that, I could not get my weight in check. But if I don't,,,I'm dead. It can't happen soon enough for me.

Had my surgery on the 23rd of July and glad to say no complications so far. Down only 10lbs since my surgery but not worried.

Just following this and one other forum/site I can easily tell that i am experiencing the normal stuff most other sleevers do.

In our pre surgery classes they told us age and being male had more risks or added to the risk. Also had a lot of friends and family praying for me so I thank God for answering those prayers.

I pray everyone is doing good and the sleeve is working for you.

Lord Bless.