Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How many calories are you averaging?

Each day I am averaging right under 500 calories. I am 13 days post op. So I'm wondering how everyone else is doing and how far out you are from having your surgery?

A typical meal for me looks something like this:

Breakfast: Protein shake w/ low fat milk.

Lunch: 1/2 cup of cottage cheese

Dinner: 2 ounces of chicken or fish

snack: my chocolate Calcium supplement w/ 1 tbsp. of PB2

And I drink plenty of Water during the day. If I don't leave the house I feel perfectly fine. When I have to go out and move more I start to feel sick, like I need to eat something.

Wow! 13 days post op for me meant liquids only!

Now I'm 10 weeks and my average is 400-650 calories.

In the coming weeks your sleeve will change in how much it allows you to have.

Some days I can get only 400 in while on others I'm getting (a rare)750 in. The sleeve dictates that.

Edited by gomekast

I'm almost three weeks out and averaging just under 800 / day. The number has been slowly coming up - right after surgery 300 was tough.

Yesterday I had a Protein shake in the morning, yogurt for snack, puréed chili for lunch and puréed chicken and snow peas for dinner, along with Fiber tummies, chewable Calcium and multi which put me at about 720. I was going to be done there, but was feeling weak bc I ran at the gym, so I added another Protein Shake which put me at 830.

My nutritionist has not given me a calorie goal, she just wants me to focus on Protein and eat until I'm satisfied, but listen to my body.

I have been light headed a lot with the lower calorie intake. I keep thinking I should keep it low to lose more weight, but am trying not to let myself get in to any disordered thinking. I'm trying to focus on protein and make sure my body is nourished.

It is interesting to see how there are so many different programs out there.

My DR/NUT had me eating foods like you after 1 week but I could only do soft foods, like yogurt and cottage cheese for the first couple weeks. Just couldn't handle the chicken yet. I am 6 months out and eat about 2-3 ounces of Protein and some kind of vegie for lunch/dinner. Breakfast consist of cottage cheese or yogurt or eggs with a fruit. I typically do 1 Protein Drink in the day somewhere, I need to Protein. I would bet that the hungry feeling you have is acid, so maybe ask your DR for a prescription or get an over the counter one.

I'm weird in that I don't count calories because it does coo coo things with my head/thinking/obsessive personality. My DR/NUT told me it was OK and to pay attention to what my sleeve is telling me is enough, if I start to gain or quit losing, they will have me start counting calories. I am also lucky in that I have not been hungry since surgery, I have to set my phone to eat at intervals or I miss when it is time to eat. I KNOW, I never thought in a million years I would EVER say that. I did have a bout of emotional feelings to stuff recently but besides that.... I do measure and stick to the foods my NUT gave me out of surgery. I have just lost another 3 lbs this week.

I am six weeks out today and now that i can stomach milk again i am averaging about 800. I am hoping the nurse will advance my diet to regular foods today then i can up it a little more. when my body gets out of starvation mode I think I will lose faster.

3 weeks out, and I'm still on full liquids and I hit around 800 calories/day.

Breakfast: Protein shake with at least 20grams of Protein

Snack: Fat free greek yogurt

Lunch: Protein Shake (hi-pro boost, ensure, premiere protein, etc..)

Snack: sugar free pudding or Jello

Supper: Cream/broth based Soup blenderized. I like low cal/sugar Tomato Soup with some light goats milk cheese

Snack: sugar free Jello or caffeine-free tea.

Im 7 weeks out today and i maybe get 300 cals a day. Ill have half a Protein Shake for Breakfast and maybe an egg for dinner. i had a disappointing 3lb weight loss at my 1month checkup and they told me to back up and stick with eggs, cheese, Soup and shakes....my coordinator actually said the words "you dont need to eat"

I'm 13 weeks out. I'm about 600 to 800 calories a day.

I'm 6+ weeks out and getting 800-900 per day.

I usually get the minimum of 80 grams of Protein the doc wants and I'm doing well on the fluids.

Ree: are you getting enough Protein?

I usually get the minimum of 80 grams of Protein the doc wants and I'm doing well on the fluids.

hey i sent you a pm just want to make sure you got it lol

hey i sent you a pm just want to make sure you got it lol

Weird - I didn't get one from you. (Happened yesterday with someone else as well...)

Anyway, I messaged you - we can see if that works.

Well I am 2 weeks post op and I'm getting in about 50 grams of protein a day.

I am 13 weeks out and am consuming 700-800 per day.

I'm five months out and I am eating from 600 to 1000 calories a day. I am eating about 50 to 65 grams of carbs a day and I am supposed to eat 92 grams of Protein a day. That sometimes get tought (the protein). I usually use powdered Unjury protein to supplement if by the end of the day my protein goal is falling short. Don't worry, it will get better and better every day. Good luck for the new year. We are all rooting for you.