Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Loud Stomach

Any thing that I can do to quiet the Lou grumbles?

If you find out, let me know because sometimes Ive got a symphony going on inside lol. We've actually embraced it though. My husband wanted a stethascope just so he could listen to what the heck was going on in my little tummy lol. He's a goof ball but in all seriousness, if there was something to quiet it down Im in!

Maybe try cutting certain foods and seeing if it helps? My tummy rarely grumbles now that I'm so far out from sugery, but it's still a little noisier and I burp a lot more.

Lynda

My stomach does it all the time!! Sometimes louder than others! I can't really tell if different foods make a difference because some mornings I get up and it's already grumbling before I eat!

This happens to me just before I have bathroom problems. Those bathroom problems come from bile salts building up in my intestines and sucking Water in with them, and will be followed by diarrhea within 5 minutes after the rumbling. I have just started taking medicine to help this so hopefully the rumbling will ease off now.

No bathroom issues. I do hate it though because I just started a new job. Sometimes it's really loud in meetings. Someone once heard it on the phone too. Embarrassing.

On days that I work (mon-fri) I usually just have a cliff bar or Protein bar, along with coffee in the morning. lunch time only consists of Soup and maybe a small salad. And absolutely nothing to drink for at least an hour after. Anything with any substance and It sounds like a freight train is coming through the office. I share my tiny office with 2 other co workers and it can get pretty embarrassing. If my stomach really starts going, I usually go walk around for about 5-10 mins to help get the food to move around. When I'm at home I could care less about the tummy noises. Sometimes my throat makes funny noises to if I drink to fast. Almost like its stuck and its slowly going into my stomach. Weird, I know.

I find that this is really the only thing I really don't like about my sleeve.

Jenni, your posts reminds me that I need to get back to smaller meals and eating slower.

One of my favorite recipes now is a low fat white chili but goodness does it wreak havoc on my digestion! I work from home and I have to make sure I have no calls scheduled for at least an hour after lunch due to the noise from my throat down to my tummy. No bowel issues, just embarrassingly loud gurgling. I also have this problem when taking meds and Vitamins. I suppose my sips of Water are too big but boy, the bariatric multi-vitamins are giant!

I didn't think about sipping too much. I definitely gulp down Water like in the old days. May need to slow it down.

I'm a year out and notice very loud grumbling and gurgling from my stomach no matter what I eat. This has been happening for about 2 months now. I went to my gastroenterologist but he didn't find any issues.

I am noticing it more now (17 months out) than I did in the first year. Very strange!

<p>I am noticing it more now (17 months out) than I did in the first year. Very strange!</p>

This is the only draw back of the surgery. I'm in a training now and I feel like my stomach is as loud as the presenter.

Watching a suspenseful movie where people were hiding and I was thinking my stomach would betray everyone. Lol.