Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

6 days post op, and very frustrated

Well as you know my boyfriend wrote a post awhile ago and told you all i had questions.....he didnt relay your answers to me, but i read them and thank you. Also i had my surgery on TUESDAY March 13th, NOT MONDAY....wow he pays attention doesnt he? Besides the fact, that he was here from the saturday before my surgery, until yesterday, and didnt life a effing finger to help me at all while im recovering, things are going alright. I would sit and cough and choke and ask for Water, and he would just sit there and stare at me, he didnt do one damn thing. Yet he made sure he came on here, and posted and preached about how he would help me and be there for me, and do this and that for me. Besides not doing a damn thing for me he has eaten, chocolate, mcdonalds, little ceasars, kentucky fried chicken, among a bunch of other stuff, INFRONT OF ME. And i mean right infront of me. Which if you go look at his posts, is exactly what he sid he wouldnt do. So it is safe to say, that i am extremely, extremely pissed at him. Also notice how one day he will call me his girlfriend, and the next day his fiance. God only knows what i am. Enough about that lazy you know what. I do have a bit of a cough, its getting better though. Got a pesky little period, because my body and as well as me, are in shock. I did have extremely bad nausea for about 3 days, which was from taking Extra Strength Vicodin on an empty stomach, since all i can have is liquids. That wasnt pretty. Not to mention they gave me the BIG huge pills, and said they were safe to swallow that way, WRONG, even cutting them in half was too big, so i had to result to 4ths. Lots and Lots and Lots of gas. My main problem now is that when i stand up its really hard to breathe, not when sitting down, but standing up and trying to breathe is a bit difficult and hurts a little. My mom says to go back to the hospital, but that is the LAST thing i want to do. Gotta work on getting my Protein in now, its been hard the last 6 days, as i dont feel like drinking anything. Well it is VERY uncomfortable in this chair, so im going to go for now, I will post more later. Thank you all for your help....and finally i am in BANDLAND!!!!! Wooooooooooo hooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!

~Hotpink~

LOL Hotpink!!!!!! I feel your pain girlfriend!!!! MEN.. (need I say more)

VENT, RANT, STOMP YOUR FEET.. you are worth it!

You are doing this for you NOT him, and I bet you he will continue to be a sabotaging force in your journey......... maybe on purpose, maybe not... Get up and walk that pain away, tell him to take the KFC and stick it where the sun don't shine....... and I wouldn't agree to anything (marriage) til you see how he will acting throughout your WL journey...

oh... and CONGRATS ON BANDLAND BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't wait to join you there!

Well as you know my boyfriend wrote a post awhile ago and told you all i had questions.....he didnt relay your answers to me, but i read them and thank you. Also i had my surgery on TUESDAY March 13th, NOT MONDAY....wow he pays attention doesnt he? Besides the fact, that he was here from the saturday before my surgery, until yesterday, and didnt life a effing finger to help me at all while im recovering, things are going alright. I would sit and cough and choke and ask for Water, and he would just sit there and stare at me, he didnt do one damn thing. Yet he made sure he came on here, and posted and preached about how he would help me and be there for me, and do this and that for me. Besides not doing a damn thing for me he has eaten, chocolate, mcdonalds, little ceasars, kentucky fried chicken, among a bunch of other stuff, INFRONT OF ME. And i mean right infront of me. Which if you go look at his posts, is exactly what he sid he wouldnt do. So it is safe to say, that i am extremely, extremely pissed at him. Also notice how one day he will call me his girlfriend, and the next day his fiance. God only knows what i am. Enough about that lazy you know what. I do have a bit of a cough, its getting better though. Got a pesky little period, because my body and as well as me, are in shock. I did have extremely bad nausea for about 3 days, which was from taking Extra Strength Vicodin on an empty stomach, since all i can have is liquids. That wasnt pretty. Not to mention they gave me the BIG huge pills, and said they were safe to swallow that way, WRONG, even cutting them in half was too big, so i had to result to 4ths. Lots and Lots and Lots of gas. My main problem now is that when i stand up its really hard to breathe, not when sitting down, but standing up and trying to breathe is a bit difficult and hurts a little. My mom says to go back to the hospital, but that is the LAST thing i want to do. Gotta work on getting my Protein in now, its been hard the last 6 days, as i dont feel like drinking anything. Well it is VERY uncomfortable in this chair, so im going to go for now, I will post more later. Thank you all for your help....and finally i am in BANDLAND!!!!! Wooooooooooo hooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!

~Hotpink~

I think he sounds like a creep. While life does go on for everyone else, to eat what they want when they want...for him to stick it in your face? Not too sure that I'd want much of a future if that's the way he treats you now. Not much of a gentleman, is he? I'd be willing to bet that he's a bit nervous too, you're going to be getting thinner, more attractive to him - not to mention that your self esteem will sky rocket. He's scared - and with good reason. He should worry.

You don't need to go to the hospital. You need to get up, straighten up your posture, and start moving around as much as possible. As far as the BF/Fiance goes, I second Stacy's advice. Good luck to you.

In Hot Pink's defense…she's nearly 1/2 of my age, and not 'wise to the world'…not to mention men - as I am. I've lived and learned. I can think back to when I was only 20 years old; thought that the boyfriend of the time was the BEST THING EVER! Let him use and abuse…I didn't know any better.

17 years later, ohhhhh, I'm onto the male species. hehehe

Hot Pink, I can only hope that you are able to experience a lot more men, gentlemen. I hope you can experience being treated like a lady at the very least, hopefully a princess. NOTHING is perfect, especially a man. But to tease you on purpose? To actually NOT support you - and come onto a public forum and post so - that's just disgusting to me.

If you're anything like countless others - your weight has your self esteem in the gutter. You may not realize how little you are thinking of yourself right now. When you start to loose the excess weight, and have attention by other people…you are going to like it. Not 'if' you get attention - when. If your boyfriend is SO insecure now, having to write in about his antics he's going to pull on you, unfortunately, I'd be willing to bet that your relationship is in for a rocky road. He does the things he does to make himself feel better. And right now, its ok with you. Believe me, someday soon - you will realize that this isn't healthy for you, or any relationship. I'm not saying this to be hurtful. I'm only speaking from experience.

Yeah, what Sherrilynn said...

Hotpink, try a heating pad on that shoulder and do your very best to stand up and walk, walk, walk. When you cough use a pillow and hug it over your abdomen. That's what we teach folks who have had big open abdominal surgeries, it should help us as well.

Hotpink, CONGRATS on making it to bandland!!!! I'm hoping to be right behind ya.

And I do remember his posts, I was one who said thanks for telling both sides. But, now you have to weigh in your mind what he said he'd do versus what he really did. You are 20!!! Live, enjoy life, meet more men, date, have a good time, don't worry about having to be settled into a committed relationship for a lonnnnng time yet. Now is the time to focus on you and your healing and your success with the band. Now is NOT the time to have to worry about how he feels or what he wants or what he needs or did he call, or why didn't he call. Flying solo, while scary at first, is probably the very best thing for you right now.

One of my favorite phrases, "So many men, so little time..."

Enjoy life!!!

You don't need to go to the hospital. You need to get up, straighten up your posture, and start moving around as much as possible. As far as the BF/Fiance goes, I second Stacy's advice. Good luck to you.

Yes, what Elisabeth wrote!!!

Hey, I agree with you all, whole-heartedly. Im trying my best to worry about myself at this point in time. Im having a rough rough time, but im getting there, slowly but surely. We think my "boyfriend" if he is even worthy of being called that....is gay anyways, i found out that he was making faces at my dads friend who is gay when we were out st.patricks day night. He was winking at him and everything. He was either being an extremely big asshole, or he is gay. Which dont get me wrong i have nothing absolutely nothing against gay people. But wth......drag me along for almost 2 years...if he really is gay. That makes me a bit mad. NUFF bout him though!!!!!!! I agree i want to lose weight, look good, feel good, and LIVE MY LIFE, to the absolute fullest. I only get one. And from Tuesday March 13th on out, its going to be the best life i could possibly have. Head hunger is really dragging me down. Its so horrible, but i have not cheated one little bit.......im too scared to lol! Im doing good. Feeling lots better today then the past few days. Gas is almost gone.......my blood pressure went down the minute my surgery was completed....really really weird. Anyways....i gots to pee......just thought youd like to know lol. Ill post more later. Thanks all for replying, i really appreciate it. *BIG HUGS* to you all. Bandland is awesome!!!!!

~Hotpink~

Didnt lift a finger for you? So... Staying next to your hospital bed, feeding youice chips, only leaving to get something to eat and using the bathroom. I only ate infront of you ONCE. I also bought you that scale that you're weighing yourself with, those Exercise DVD's that you're going to be working out to, The Ankle/Wrist Weights you're going to use, the Exercise ball that you wanted. Didnt lift a finger for you? Every time i tried to help, you said you wanted your mom or dad, so i just left it at that. Me taking the 4 hour drive up there sure makes me look like i dont care alot.

Winking at Mike? So, where exactly did you get this "information" because i'd really like to know. Oh, maybe its just your imagination.

I'm sick and fucking tired of you coming on here and talking shit about me, the only reason you cared that i replied to that other post was because "Now they're going to think im mean, and im a bitch, and i'll never be able to go back there again" You didnt care about the truth. I'm sick of you blowing everything out of purportion, and taking out all your pain on me. I'm not your fucking scape goat. Go ahead, take their advice, frankly, i dont even care anymore.

I'd like to apologise to the people of LBT for being forced into this.

That is the beauty of this forum. You can come here without judgement for support. I support your girlfriend 100% for opening up to us. I'm sorry that you feel she was shitting on you. Good luck to the both of you

Uhhh you guys need to take this crap off the board.. honestly, this board isnt for you 2 attacking each other. If I wanted drama, I would watch soap operas..