Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

No Stalls here and the answer for me is simple Carbs NOT!

Just did weigh in down 47 to 244 nutritionist is so wrong using government fat ideas low carbohydrates work and since surgery no craving for sugar. I'm doing 150 grams Protein a day she told me 90 but my exercise routine is intense. Others with sleeve same day as me in stalls it's those carbs they're the enemy but people get money from the government so they adhere to what progressives think is best. This is 6 weeks since surgery and Low Carb is working well. last week at Doctor i was 5 LBS more and Nut told me that I was going to slow because Protein is calories. THATS BS AND THEY STILL BELIEVE THAT LOW FAT MYTH OF WAY LESS CALORIES! Not true Sweden knows and it is junk science but I'm convinced that they spout it because government came up with it long ago and everyone depends on government for funding etc.

http://www.naturalnews.com/042780_Sweden_low-fat_diet_myth_butter.html

I was 291 on November 19th Surgery day. Never did pre OP Diet either now cravings of sugar are history with sleeve it's easy. i do vigorous exercise though Elliptical 40-45 minutes level 13 now and some weight training not a lot. Also I drink coffee like before again. My Appetite is strong at time but very little satisfies me. I'm way way down on insulin use too. Use hardly any Novalog maybe 15 units a day before when consuming Carbs I did as much as 300. Lantus is down form 130 nightly to 70.

I'm not saying I will never stall but 5 lbs on 6th week is awesome to me.

BTW, I use Isopure protein 2 scoops is 50 grams of Protein and it's way less money then how GNC and the those Bariatric sites price gouge. i get 3 lbs for $50 deliver on Amazon thats for chocolate if you want an off flavor and don't care about taste then it's $42. if you need less Protein One scoop is fine. Nut also told me how too much protein can effect kidneys thats another myth Atkins and Eades destroyed there just is no edvidence. Common sense sure trumps all the junk science out there!

Tony, there is a lot of evidence in favor of carbs causing fat storage. Check out "Good Calories, Bad Calories" by Gary Taubes, which explores all the science he could find over the past two centuries of research. He is a journalist and the book is showing all of the bad science which has been accepted as good science over the years, and vice versa. The sleeve works so well because most of us are getting less than 100 g of carbs a day, some of us less than 50. Combine that with low calories , high Protein, and exercise and it is the best of all worlds.

Tony glad it's going well. FYI, I also do low carb (around 40-50 gms) but I have stalled a lot. In five months, I've had five stalls of 12-17 days each, and that's not even counting times like now when I've been at the same weight for the last 5 days. I stall for half the time and lose the other half of the time, despite the low carbs and no simple carbs. What carbs I eat come from shakes and vegetables, not even fruit as a rule.

So while I know low carb is fantastic for my body, it's not a guarantee against stalls is all I am saying. :) But I do agree, low fat is BS.

Remember Protein can be converted into glucose in the bloodstream. Too much Protein will effect your blood sugars. High blood sugars can lead to excess insulin in the bloodstream which will stimulate hunger even more. Therefore there is an optimal amount of protein the body needs rather than more is better. Not an easy thing to work with really. This will freak people out.... Rather than adding more protein if you are burning up a ton of calories exercising, add fat instead. Carbs = death for diabetics.

Your workout routine is not as needful as protein as you might think. Heavy power/body lifting would require more protein.

I also have a low opinion of nutritionists.

Read Good Calories, Bad Calories 3x, read it one last time, take notes, memorize it and you will know 1000X more than almost any nutritionist on the planet for fat loss.

Sorry but if my eyes could roll any further they would pop out of my head.

Thanks for replies. I know I'm no writer but got a little excited that success continues. interesting about Protein and blood sugars. i never heard that and Atkins preached the opposite. I still think I need more then 90 though? The My Fitness APP (its crazy 50% carbs) which is only decent tracking Anthonydepalma I can find was 72 Protein before but after all my loss it's adjusted to 132 a day. I understand about fat. You are right. The Nut told me the other day that it's too many calories and to watch it. I felt like excusing myself and leaving. I'm not seeing any of them from now on just surgeon.

I will read Gary Taubes sounds interesting. Oh and I don't expect to not stall. I do remember at 210 running marathons eating Low carb 14 years ago that I could never lose those 20 more. But was 291 recently and 244 feels a lot better.

The low fat thing is Junk Science at best just as man made climate change is, and it is political. Some one somewhere with a fax machine trys to instill all this fear into people and a lot of them succeed.

Tony glad it's going well. FYI, I also do low carb (around 40-50 gms) but I have stalled a lot. In five months, I've had five stalls of 12-17 days each, and that's not even counting times like now when I've been at the same weight for the last 5 days. I stall for half the time and lose the other half of the time, despite the low carbs and no simple carbs. What carbs I eat come from shakes and vegetables, not even fruit as a rule.

So while I know low carb is fantastic for my body, it's not a guarantee against stalls is all I am saying. :) But I do agree, low fat is BS.

I could of already stalled and not known it. i only weigh on one scale at Publix and if i am away as i was for 3 weeks before Holidays i do not weigh. I'd never weigh more then weekly and will next week before i head back to Frigid Wisconsin. Be gone 4 1/2 weeks likely keep going then weigh when I return.

I watched the videos then listened to the 90 minutes. Some of best stuff I've ever heard. Compelling makes you wonder how people can reject it? Well answer is simple government funds junk science and all want their cut. Thanks for the link it made my night.

Tony, there is a lot of evidence in favor of carbs causing fat storage. Check out "Good Calories, Bad Calories" by Gary Taubes, which explores all the science he could find over the past two centuries of research. He is a journalist and the book is showing all of the bad science which has been accepted as good science over the years, and vice versa. The sleeve works so well because most of us are getting less than 100 g of carbs a day, some of us less than 50. Combine that with low calories , high Protein, and exercise and it is the best of all worlds.

Correct I'm at about 25 carbs a day now all low glycemic too. I exercise because it makes be feel better. But still don't think it effects weight loss at all

Remember Protein can be converted into glucose in the bloodstream. Too much protein will effect your blood sugars. High blood sugars can lead to excess insulin in the bloodstream which will stimulate hunger even more. Therefore there is an optimal amount of protein the body needs rather than more is better. Not an easy thing to work with really. This will freak people out.... Rather than adding more protein if you are burning up a ton of calories exercising, add fat instead. Carbs = death for diabetics. Your workout routine is not as needful as protein as you might think. Heavy power/body lifting would require more protein. I also have a low opinion of nutritionists. Read Good Calories, Bad Calories 3x, read it one last time, take notes, memorize it and you will know 1000X more than almost any nutritionist on the planet for fat loss.

I see no evidence of protein or fats contributing to blood sugar spikes. I've increased fat and doing 150-170 protein daily blood sugars much lower.

Gluconeogenesis. Conversion of non-carb substrates to glucose. Shouldn't necessarily cause an insulin spike, basically an emergency function to help the body sustain proper blood glucose levels. Carbs aren't an essential macro, especially not at the consumption suggested by the old food pyramid. Fats are essential, Protein is essential. Glucose is essential for the brain and aid in shuttling nutrients into muscles as glycogen. But the body adapts to getting what it needs from other sources besides carbs quite well.

Edited by dgraham225