Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Asking for Positive Thoughts Please

I need a few pushes, I have been doing good till xmas and then the big day came, I ate and ate and ate, and its sunday and im still eating, I cant jump back up and continue with my shakes.

tomorrow I have group and don't want to go bc I know I must had gained, so im not sure ill go to group.

I need to just jump back on track but I don't know why I haven't been able to do it,'

I am going to the gym tomorrow haven't been in a week.

I have to lose only four pounds before I get a surgery date so I don't know if that is what's scarring me and and push myself forward.

I started rereading my guide book and notes from here that I been writing down, I want to have a pre op food list. to have it all ready at home.

I don't know what I am saying I feel like I am losing it, I just want to get back on track. why or why did it had to mess up.

:(

The first thing you need to do is go to group!!!!!!! Yup I said it..Take responsibility for your actions. Time to quit hiding behind fear and go forward...

Yes you are off track and you know it and you feel bad about it... That does not mean you scratch everything you have accomplished...

You must fix this by admitting to it at your group and find out if some of them have suggestions that will help you...

We are all human and we fall. Then we get up, brush ourselves off and go forward again!!!!!!!

You can do this hun....You have done the hardest part by having this surgery in the first place..Going there will be a breeze compared to the fear you had before and during the surgery.....

What RJ said! Go to group! You will NOT be the only one saying what you have to say, and the good part of a support group is.... support!

And if you have only a few more pounds to lose before you get a surgery date - GO for it! Best wishes!

You will find there are others just like YOU! Go to group and you will see. We would not be human if we didn't still have the same challenges we had before surgery and after. We will forever have to watch ourselves during the holidays, but thankful we have a new sleeve to assist us. Yaaaaay!!!!! You have reached out here so that is the first step. Tomorrow is a new day. Relax, we have all been where you are, LOL!!!!!

Happy New Year and good luck!

My second day of preop diet, my dad was in cardiac icu. I wasn't able to lose all the weight my dr wanted but it didn't effect the surgery. Just getting back on track is important.

hi all, well I started reading my guide book and had a light snack, cheese, Water and took a nap. im still feeling a little sad but now I feel that yes im going to group tomorrow. thank you for being there for me, I love this site.

Definitely go. Let them be there for you. I make unhealthy choices now and then, I write them down in MFP and keep on going. Sometimes its harder than others. Part of changing our habits is by changing them! If you just hid out in the past, and felt sad, now you can come forward and do the best you can to make it right. Thats all we can do as human beings. Its great that you admitted where you were coming from here, thats great!

Good girl! We will have many ups and downs. Such is life! Today is another day. God Bless!

I just got back from group, I was the only one there wow, so me and another nut just talked a bit. she wants me to continue writing my food down. I do start then get bored and don't finish the day, but I told her I will try for the next two wks, then I have an appt with my nut and pshch.

I lost one pound, not bad I thought I had gained.

I just ate, white rice and beens, corn that's all, at this time my frig is on empty so we have to eat whatever we find in the cabinets till shopping day.

I been trying very hard not to eat bread that is one thing I want to stop eating period. and yes rice, iam Puerto rican so we eat a lot of rice and fried food. its going to be hard. but I need to keep trying even when I feel like crap bc I cant do the diet like its suppose to be done. I have to keep trying and its help having someone that understand where you coming from.

Hugs to you all, thanks

Nancy, so glad you went for yourself! You know, our love of food has us where we are today and I can sure appreciate your culture and good food. But, I do know that you can learned to cook new and tasty dishes with your spices and recipes. I grew up in the South, in Georgia, and we fried everything. Our staples were fried chicken, porkchops, mac and cheese, chicken and dumplings, gravy and biscuits. I associate those foods with my childhood and my family. But I have had to let go of all that, for the lives of me and my husband. High blood pressure and diabetes, plus other life altering problems.

My husband had a heart blockage 10 years ago, and I can tell you he lived life to eat red meat such as steak. He is already wondering if he can ever eat steak again, and I will tell you, I won't cook them for him LOL.

I think you should spend some time busying yourself like I did, gathering recipes and seeing how you can rework them in the crockpot and using lowfat Soups, etc. I think some of the sugar free syrups can be used in simple things like sweet and sour sauces. I saw a cook on tv recently coat chicken with a light dusting of cornstarch, and stir fry it, adding some sugar free ingredients, for a chinese stir fry with half the calories.

Since it is only me and my husband, we are fortunate not to be around large quantities of food. That would be hard.

Also, since you mention you are on a restricted budget, that will be challenging, but good news, the Beans are part of our diet for the Protein, so just try and leave the rice off. I am offering suggestions only, so hope you do not think I am intruding.

I wish you the absolute best of luck. I looked at your page, and like me and my husband, I know you may likely be having some health issues. I hope we can get out of our chairs and be able to walk, and this all will be so worth it. Please let me know how you are doing and I will be here to support you!!!

Happy New Year to you!!! Linda

What a nice post Linda. And Nancy, I know its hard to give up on your favorite dishes. I think Linda has some good ideas! I am on a budget too, and try to get the best food for the least money! Can you substitute brown rice for the white? And I like a little corn too, but it is high glycemic index, which means it can spike your blood sugar and make you hungry! Rather than eat it by itself, I mix a small amount into my mixed veggies, or in my Soup to get the sweet flavor without having too much. Beans are yummy, and can be so healthy if you don't add too much fat. Just a touch. I think you will be ok, but just have to get out your creative flair and make over those family favorites for your NEW Healthy life. Its so great that you went to your meeting, it looks like every one else chickened out but you! One on one with the nut is great. Maybe you can make over some of your recipes and take them in to share with her and get other ideas. Best of luck in the new year!