Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Readmitted yesterday :(

I was admitted to the hospital Friday. I got out this morning.

I was severely dehydrated, dangerously low on magnesium and potassium. I went in because I have a horrible pain right above my appendix scar. I feel like someone is stabbing with a hot knife but it iis just dermal, not deep.

So they figured out that two of my internal stitches are rubbing against a main nerve going down my belly. The stitches are slightly infected and have caused my nerve to become inflammmed. If you have ever had shingles it is very similar. They also found a kidney stone but it is not blocking so that is good. The stone was imbedded in my kidney tissue but with the fat loss I guess it got loose and dropped into the kidney it self.

Pissed at myself because I feel like I failed. Doc said it is just something that happened. I need to have 64oz of Water and not include my Protein Shakes in liquid intake. I may need more due to my lupus. He said my Protein level was very good and I'm doing everything right it was just a slight setback.

But I am so hard on myself and such a perfectionist I just cred the whole time I was laying in that hospital bed. I tried so hard not to get there and I did anyway.

Frustrated......

Failed, well if you failed then I really, really failed...My time at the hospital was 5 months with complications due to the surgery....

You are really being overly critical of yourself..You are on a path that can and will change your life forever if you use the tool properly.........

Maybe a setback but not a fail...you are in good company here as I am not the only one to have suffered a setback...however......I can say this because a little over a year later I am in onederland..That's right and you will be too soon....pick up your head, get back on that horse and stop trying to sabotage yourself already...

I really believe that something is worth far more when you have to work for it..Well girl that is you...just keep swimming and give yourself a break!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tonya, we all do the best we can, just like we do in life before surgery. This is our journey, and we are living it day by day, some good, some bad. But most importantly, this road leads to a healthier life for each of us. We hear of gallbladder attacks, dumping, vomiting, dehydration, etc. Number one is to take care of yourself by eating healthy and taking the Vitamins, and we will weather the storms together here!

Happy New Year and I am thankful you are home and getting better! Counting our blessings, Linda

Hang in there, I am struggling to get my fluids in as well. I am having to regroup and drink Gatorade G2 and Vitamin Water. The vitamin water has made me feel so much better. Sip sip sip....best to you!

Oh I hear you on this one. I had a kidney stone show up 10 days after my surgery and was taken to the er bc of the pain and know one knew if it was surgery related until I had a ct done. I am still having a hard time drinking and eating. I just plug along as best as I can