Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My journey: It Finally Begins!

The Journey hasn't "officially" begun, but in my mind, it has. My excitement for this life changing event is hard to contain! My surgery date is January 14th, so the countdown has begun! I want to start my journal with my feelings before the pre op diet so I could go back and read it when the discouraging times come (which I'm sure they will). Ok, so first on my excitement list is my health! Wow, am I the only one that can't bend over without an act of congress! Tying my shoes is almost impossible because of the boobs and belly! Not to mention, the panting when I try doing something! I want to be active like I was when I was younger! I used to love being outside! I loved playing tennis and badminton, Now my favorite past time is watching TV. That isn't life! I'm ready to get back to LIVING not just existing!

Sure I have other selfish motives as well, such as the BMW convertible that I will be getting once I reach my final goal! (Good Lord willing) Speaking of goals, I would like to weigh 150 and be an avid gym goer. Which I CAN do with dedication and the help of The Lord!

I read a post the other day about people saying we aren't doing this on our own if we have surgery, but I disagree! This is a tool for us to use the same as a diet pill or energy supplement is to them. We still have to control our actions. We have to be in control of what we choose to eat and what we do. I, for one, am thankful for a tool such as this!

January 14th is ssssooo close. It's an exciting time that's for sure.

Congrats on your new beginning - and you will get to that convertible!

How great! This time last month I was in the same boat! I had my surgery Dec 18. and was a mess for a month, anticipating and all.

Hold on to that excitement and motivation and you'll recover faster. At least, emotionally speaking. I was so motivated that I walked around as soon as I got to my room and then like 10 times over the 2 night stay, and it helped me a lot.

You're going to do great!

I am struggling! I started the pre op diet yesterday and i just want to eat! LOL I'm trying not to eat bad stuff but it is so hard when i have been doing it for so long! Not to mention the headache from trying to cut off diet mt dew cold turkey. I had to give in today and have one can because the headache was so severe that I could not function and I have a child to tend to! (it was delicious by the way) I am being negative nancy i know, but it helps to put these frustrations into actual words instead of just feelings that i cant figure out. The frustration from not eating is making me question having surgery. I look in the freezer at the ravioli that I had planned to cook and think, "Oh there is that stuff that I love to eat"! It makes me sad! I am seriously laughing at myself over these feelings. I didn't realize how much I loved food until it has been taken away!

Ok, sorry. I think i am finished ranting for the day! I just had to put this down to keep it all in perspective. I am having surgery and actually am looking forward to it and the change it is going to make in my life. #staying positive

This time next month I'll be in your place. I too have to put down Diet Pepsi. I am missing it already. I keep attempting to drink less and less every day. I believe you know how this decision is a blessing to your life. Keep the faith, you can do this. Nothing changes if nothing changes, and you are changing. Keep your head up, be the change!

Life is Not the pizza Man it doesn't deliver.....you have to get up and go get it....now, just think you are doing the work and are meeting your life, your showing up for your life, ready to do the work...be well, chin up, that convertible is a great carrot if you get my drift...lol

Life is Not the pizza Man it doesn't deliver.....you have to get up and go get it....now, just think you are doing the work and are meeting your life, your showing up for your life, ready to do the work...be well, chin up, that convertible is a great carrot if you get my drift...lol

Hi Btlombardo, when is your surgery day? I'm scheduled for 1/29.

I don't have a date until my two hour appt. with the NP on 1/10/14. I'm hoping for 1st or 2nd week in February.

Super excited and nervous. My mom has been ill so I had her living with me a few months but just relocated her so now I can start to focus on me. So tired of being tired...I know losing weight will help me be the healthy mom of 3 I know I can be.

The Journey hasn't "officially" begun, but in my mind, it has. My excitement for this life changing event is hard to contain! My surgery date is January 14th, so the countdown has begun! I want to start my journal with my feelings before the pre op diet so I could go back and read it when the discouraging times come (which I'm sure they will). Ok, so first on my excitement list is my health! Wow, am I the only one that can't bend over without an act of congress! Tying my shoes is almost impossible because of the boobs and belly! Not to mention, the panting when I try doing something! I want to be active like I was when I was younger! I used to love being outside! I loved playing tennis and badminton, Now my favorite past time is watching TV. That isn't life! I'm ready to get back to LIVING not just existing! Sure I have other selfish motives as well, such as the BMW convertible that I will be getting once I reach my final goal! (Good Lord willing) Speaking of goals, I would like to weigh 150 and be an avid gym goer. Which I CAN do with dedication and the help of The Lord! I read a post the other day about people saying we aren't doing this on our own if we have surgery, but I disagree! This is a tool for us to use the same as a diet pill or energy supplement is to them. We still have to control our actions. We have to be in control of what we choose to eat and what we do. I, for one, am thankful for a tool such as this!

WELCOME TO THE LOSERS BENCH!!!!! How was your surgery?

Wow! This has been brutal! I wasn't prepared mentally for it! Surgery was fine and i got to come home the next morning so that was awesome! The incision pain is nothing but the gas is awful! I'm also worried about getting dehydrated. I'm trying to drink and have my shakes and Soup but it is hard to get very much in! But I keep plugging away! My support is awesome! Starting with my husband who has been A++! Thankful for that!

I had my surgery January 14th also and I came home yesterday. I had to have a hiatial hernia repaired in addition to sleeve. I think I'm in shock also at how hard it is to get the required liquids in. I have to stay on a clear liquid diet for two weeks post op. So far my tummy makes lots of sounds and all I can drink are two sips at best. Also when it gets to my stomach there is a tight pressure pain feeling that comes and goes real quick. But it's taking everything I got to get fluids in. They say week 1 is the worst, right?

Congrats to you both. Week 1 is certainly the worst! I encourage you both to just take it easy, take your meds, get lots of rest and don't stress! You will improve. I am 1 month out and still don't get my liquids in and sometimes I don't get my Protein. Just do your best, knowing that it will get better.

Thank you Lainey3074. It gives comfort when people who have gone through this can relate and understand what we are describing in each step. Also it makes me feel like this is normal and I am not a strange case, lol. Day for day and minute for minute if that is what it takes.

Congrats to you both. Week 1 is certainly the worst! I encourage you both to just take it easy, take your meds, get lots of rest and don't stress! You will improve. I am 1 month out and still don't get my liquids in and sometimes I don't get my Protein. Just do your best, knowing that it will get better.