Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Stall solutions

Just wondering what everyone's solutions are to beat the horrible and nasty dreaded stall. I stalled at week 5 and then again at week 11(this time it was for about a little over a week). Both times I just stuck to my regular plan with food and exercise and got out of it. Just looking for suggestions for the next time. Thanks guys!!

Just carry on doing what you're doing. I stalled at week 3 for 2 weeks then I stalled at week 7, this time for 5 weeks. Didn't gain anything which was more important and I lost inches rather than pounds. Then the stall ended and I lost 6 pounds in one week.

Remain positive at all times if you can. You have all the time in the world. I wouldn't change my sleeve op for anything.

I'm almost 5 months out and have had 5 stalls, each lasting between 12-17 days. This means I've spent at least half the time stalled. Yet I've lost 55lbs and gone from size 18w/20 jeans and 2xl shirt to size 10 jeans and M shirt (a bit tight but hey, I'm still counting it) :P

For some of us, the journey is long stalls with some days of weight loss in between. All I've ever tried to do, whether stalled or not, is to drink my fluids, get at least 60 gms of Protein, keep net carbs under 50 gms, and total calories below 800 and walk or move about when I can.

I keep doing that and the inches and weight keep coming off, just as their own pace, not mine. Of course I get frustrated, but I'm learning to live with it.

If it were up to me, I'd lose it all in 2 months :P but the slower weight loss is helping my skin tighten up a bit. I still have the saggies of course, but I can literally see differences from week to week where the skin tightens up some. So I think that's a plus, right?

I'm 9 weeks out, and for the last 4 weeks I have basically been within about a 3 pound range. Mostly down by tiny tiny increments, but occasionally back up. I'm holding kind of steady now. If I look back, I've lost "only" 10 pounds in the last 5 weeks, but with a lot of bouncing around. My measurements have also gone down another 4 or 5 inches overall since the beginning of the month.

I haven't changed anything. I recognize that I might be able to game the system a bit if I took my calories down 100 or 200 (I usually clock in around 900-1000), but I also started exercising again 3 weeks ago, and that is the location of most of the stall/bouncing/whatever. I will maybe reevaluate if I only lose 2 pounds in the *next* 5 weeks, but for now I want to be sure I don't throw my system into shut down, as my workouts tend to be kind of intense.

I'd like to see the scale go down, of course…but I am constantly reminding myself that my perspective is wacky. I'm eating 1,000 calories a day and exercising away an additional 400-500 at least 4 days a week. The weight will come off. It has no choice. If I were eating 2000 calories a day and maintaining, that would be a different thing. I feel like I don't really know what my tipping point is yet, but I doubt it's 1000.

9 months post op I've learned that (as you've probably heard several times) stalls are very common, normal and necessary for successful and proper weightloss. That being said once I'm stuck for about 3 weeks I fast. I always intermitten fast which has cut my "stalls" from 3 weeks to about 9 days, but when I get stuck much longer I do about a 24 hour fast twice in a week and that breaks it everytime.

9 months post op I've learned that (as you've probably heard several times) stalls are very common, normal and necessary for successful and proper weightloss. That being said once I'm stuck for about 3 weeks I fast. I always intermitten fast which has cut my "stalls" from 3 weeks to about 9 days, but when I get stuck much longer I do about a 24 hour fast twice in a week and that breaks it everytime.

When you say fast do you mean eat nothing, eat less, go longer between meals?

When I do intermitten fasting I stop eating foods but I may have a cup of tea, or coffee before my workout in the morning. I was taught that you can drink whatever you want but as always limit your sugar intake to about 60g during an entire fast (16-24 hours) and If you must eat something let it be no more than 100 calories within an entire fasting period. NO ALCOHOL

I generally stick to Water, tea or coffee. It has helped me finally reach my Water intake, because I'm usually still awake 6 hours after I begin a fast.