Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

NEED help reviving my motivation

I was banded on July 18th, 2013. I am only down 25lbs and am struggling to not only stay motivated, but to not be discouraged :(..... I am overwhelmed with my failure to be consistent and even more frustrated that I am in this position when it went so well the first few months :(

some more information is needed. where are you on fills? i am 7mos out on the 29th and i have 7cc in a 14cc band. i know i am really really close to being in the green zone. i couldn't if my life depended on it overeat at this point. the only advice i can give you is to try and remember what it was that made you want wls. and how you felt when you lost the 25lbs. everytime you eat something ask yourself if the calorie intake is worth it. a candy bar isn't worth the calorie count. but a piece of chicken or fish is. get a saucer out. put some salad or cooked vegetables on it and than put a 4 oz Protein on top of it. this is all you should eat. if this isn't satisfying for you, you need to discuss it with your surgeon. you can get right back on the band wagon by discussing with your doctor your struggle. a fill might be needed or a talk with a nutritionist or even a counsler to try and find out why you are having some troubles. we all have food mind issues that we still deal with everyday. also just start walking. everyday as much as you can. exercising turns our minds off for a few min's so we aren't thinking about food all the time. i wish you lot's of hope and i know you can do this. 25lbs is still lighter than you were. and you should be proud of this.

Ricksgal, you have come to the right place to get remotivated! There are newbies and oldsters on this site. Are you exercising, and watching your carb intake? Most of us, when we are filled properly, can't eat many carbs, and are filed and satisfied with our 4 oz of Protein and veggies. If you have not visited your sugeon's foccie recently for a fill and discussion with the nutritionist, do so. Happy New year and new start, this is the starting point! Karen..aka..kll724

>>>>please fill in your profile, too!!

Edited by kll724

Hi there, don't forget to Celebrate the fact that you are twenty-five pounds down at the end of 2013 rather than twenty-five up, which was the direction I was headed for sure. You got that chunk off and now you're ready to tackle the next. Let's do it! I am in the process of getting fills to get my band working properly for me. I want to find the green zone -- otherwise it feels like a diet and that is too hard to sustain over time (as I've proven again and again). I want to be in sync with my band and my body. So, the fills, the exercising, the attention to Protein first. Here's to 2014 and the health and happiness we all deserve!

Download the My Fitness Pal app to your phone and use it every day. It will open your eyes to what you are really putting in your body. Yes, I know that we get the band to not diet, but until you're in the green zone, sometimes it helps to be aware of what we're eating.

I am still fresh from surgery but on my blenderized diet they suggest things like mashed potatoes and macncheese. I ate some yesterday and put it in the app. Wow! They have a lot of calories. I'm going to try to eat something healthier in the future.

Hang in there! Don't lose focus!

25 lbs is very good. I was only down 20 lbs at 5 months but once I got the fills I needed to keep me in the green zone I lost another 30.

Its been 6 months since my surgery at 1st I had lost I believe 23 lbs than I stopped I even gained some back. I was going crazy trying to figure out what was I doing wrong. Than I had remembered before I had surgery I read a forum on here pretty much the same topic and someone asked her was she taking measurements also. So before surgery I did take measurements so I took more and I had lost 4 inches around my waist already I had lost some all over. So I didn't feel so bad because I actually was doing something. Ive been on top of my fills ive even had an unfill because I was too full. I wont say how much Fluid I have because everyone is different I don't want anyone to think that's how much they need to have but I will say im in my green zone and loose at least 2lbs a week. ive lost 55lbs and 9inches around just my waist. Im not working myself exercising either I actually haven't joined the gym yet. I just do your basic everyday stuff I do have 5 kiddos an a husband to keep me busy an take care of 2 babies as well when I go somewhere I just park further away so I have to walk a bit. I do hear complaints about it often lol that's ok though a lil walking wont hurt. :). So I would say get you a measuring tape if you haven't already and every couple weeks take measurements pick 1 day of the week as your weigh in day. stay on top of your fills! Don't drink your calories and do drink lots of water! Stay positive YOU WILL reach your goals!!!!

I need help I am stuck at a plateau and I don't know what to do :( I have 50 lbs to go for my goal and it just stopped help! I am freaking out

I need help I am stuck at a plateau and I don't know what to do :( I have 50 lbs to go for my goal and it just stopped help! I am freaking out

You should start your own thread/topic. There are only 8 people following this thread and if you start a new topic, you'll expose yourself to hundreds of eyes instead of just 8X2.

This is a hard time of the year to lose weight. How long have you been plateaued? According to your profile you may have lost 80 lbs? That's a lot and you should be proud of yourself.

tmf

Edited by 2muchfun

i don't know much about the sleeve but if you would like to try what bandsters do is just eat 1/2 to 1cup of food 3 times a day. Protein being the biggest portion of your meal. we eat healthy and exercise. for your wt. loss to continue you need to either cut your calorie intake or up your exercise intensity.keep a food log. try and see where you are eating to many calories. you maybe eating more than you think you are. get a scale. weigh your food. good luck. here's to a healthy you in the new year

This is a wonderful fresh time to recommit to our healthy lifestyle! For me... I am making an appt with my doc for a check in

Happy New Year to those of us that took a big step toward changing our lives. That took a lot of trust and true desire for change❤️

Let us keep working on the most important things. Ourselves and our health

Thanks so much! Just what I needed. .. As far as fills, I'm at 7cc in a 10cc band. They tell me that that usually is where the "sweet" spot is for someone that started with a lower BMI like me. .... I feel close-so close. I have had consistent fills, just frustrated I'm not there yet. I haven't been making sure Protein is first. I'm sure that is part of the problem. I have restriction, I just have to make better choices. And no, I am trying to find motivation to work out, but I'm struggling in that area for sure. ... Going to visit this board more and try to refocus. ... and remember why I went through all this in the first place :)

Thanks so much! Just what I needed. .. As far as fills, I'm at 7cc in a 10cc band. They tell me that that usually is where the "sweet" spot is for someone that started with a lower BMI like me. .... I feel close-so close. I have had consistent fills, just frustrated I'm not there yet. I haven't been making sure Protein is first. I'm sure that is part of the problem. I have restriction, I just have to make better choices. And no, I am trying to find motivation to work out, but I'm struggling in that area for sure. ... Going to visit this board more and try to refocus. ... and remember why I went through all this in the first place :)

I'm failing. Gained a few lbs. Exercise eod and eating too much. I need a fill...haven't had one yet. But I feel so depressed and like a bump on a log. I'm bipolar and it's hard getting out of a deoressive mood. I see dr next week so maybe if he gives me a fill ill start lising and feel better. I am well aware I have to exercise just have to really talk myself into it but my butt stays in the couch. I sometimes wish I could afford gym fees. But social security is tight. Maybe tomorrow later

Life is hard and maintaining a good lifestyle is also hard. If I did not make "dates" with my pals to meet at a certain time at the gym 2x a week. I don't think I would go nearly as much. So easy to blow it off. Too rainy too tired. Wanna just go home. We do text each other to make certain. I think it helps me. Still hard. But thankful AFTER every time