Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can I vent a little bit?!

Hi everyone. I just need to have a moment so I can get it out and get on with my life!!! I was sleeved on 11/27 and it's been the hardest, most trying four weeks of my life! I got my TOM one week after surgery which sucked the energy right out of me, I can sleep ALL day. I was dehydrated so I went to the ER where I was lectured the whole time I was there. I know better now and have since been really good about my Fluid intake. I was also told I have signs of pancreatitis as well as a UTI. Oh joy!! Fast forward two weeks and here I am with my TOM again and now have strep throat. I just want to feel normal again!!! The amoxicillin I'm on makes me so incredibly nauseous! My husband is so supportive but I can tell he's starting to get sick of it. I try my hardest not to complain. I try to just suck it up and move forward but I'm ready to done with this season of my life! Does it get better? I cannot wait for the day where I can look back on these first four weeks and say, "I'm so glad I'm not in that position anymore!!" I'm normally a VERY positive person, I believe this was Gods path for me and I'm leaning on Him through this time. I know I will get through this with His help, I just wish time would go by quicker!! The silver lining of this all? I'm down 31 pounds so far! Now THAT is something to celebrate!

I'm ten days post op and it's been so, so hard. I hear so many positive stories and I'm trying to keep a good attitude but yeah, I'm so darn tired. Work all day, take care of kids all evening. My husband is also very helpful and doing the bulk of kid stuff, but still this is so hard. I've lost 3 lb. It's hard to time eating and drinking and Vitamins.

I think we'll feel a lot better six months from now when we're picking out skinny little sun dresses.

It does get easier :) my first month was hard. Tired all the time queasy on and off and emotional. Things will feel like they are breaking down health wise because your body is still weak from surgery and you can be susceptible to getting sick a little easier..

But trust me you will get better and you will be healthy happy (and much smaller) this time next year :)

I had my sleeve just 6 days ago. I don't have way the near problems you do but mine include, INSISTENCE GAS PAIN mainly in my left shoulder, and down my left side. my largest incision is sore plus I have a drainage tube sticking out of me and I have been sooo emotional lately, I've cried multiple times the past few days (I believe it's overwhelming but also medicine controlled since they have changed my dosage on my anti-depressant. Plus, I get sooo full after having a swig of Water, I can't get my oz's in