Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Getting your mind right for a restart

So after over a year and a half of not getting any fills I made my appointment for a fill on the first available appointment which is January 6th. Now going all over this website to gather information and get myself mentally ready. Cause I know if my mind is not right then I will fail. Started drinking Water and making better choices on food but I have been overeating so long that it will be a struggle just have to pull my big girl panites up and do this....Also have found a friend that is all ready to exercise with me feel need to get that started now so it will give me a jump start. Found my lapband book on shelf in cabinet and already reading it again from start.

Rayanne,

Congrats on your decision to "get ready for a restart"!

For me, the most important thing was getting my band to optimal level of adjustment. I see you have scheduled an appt with your surgeon to discuss and adjust yours if needed. Kuddo's to you for doing that!! And on the exercising!

I'm not sure which lapband book you are referring to, but for me.....a properly adjusted band was the most important thing in this whole process.

A NUT could tell me until they were blue in the face what to eat, how much, etc....Kinda like I've heard all along. Eat this/don't eat that books....never worked for me...by itself longterm.

I wish you much success in your future! Never, ever give up...IT really works. :)

All excuses set aside i honestly don't think I really gave the process a fair chance only got two fills in all. If I am correct it takes most 4 to 5 fills before they find there sweet spot. Thank u for the encouragement... excited and nervous at the same time

Its really ok that you didn't reach some magical weight number in some predetermined timeframe....Hell, its taken me over 4 years to reach my initial goal!! Just don't give up...accept no excuses from your medical team. MAKE them get your band adjusted correctly for YOU.....I went into this surgery with the understanding this band would control my portions/limit my eating. IT WILL!! You just gotta get there. :)

Hi Rayanne, you sound ready! Great you have your band installed and now just need to get it working for you. So glad you have that appointment and an exercise partner. Here's to a healthy new year! I am very excited about getting in shape and getting my body back. I want so much to be at a healthy weight and in less joint pain -- looking forward to better sleep, better clothes, better life. Best wishes -- glad you're here so we can all do it together.

And also I have other goals I just recently got my motorcycle license and my weight really hinders my riding...so that's part of my goal too

You'll do great. You have plenty of time to get your weight down before summer so you'll look swank riding a bike. I love riding but I had gotten large and felt like I looked atrocious riding down the road on mine. My chaps no longer fit and my seat thats built for someone under 190 lbs was very uncomfortable where it had been very comfortable before gaining my weight. Good luck. How many fills it takes is very subjective. Some need 3, some need 6 or 7. Just hang in there and take it slow and easy. I think I just slipped into the green, but time will tell.

Ready, set, go!!!!Fills are personal, what works for one, won't work for others. I, personally, can't tolerate more than 5cc in my band, my daughter has 6,5, other people on here have 8,9 or more! Just o\don't make your band so tight that you can't eat, drink or even swallow. Best wishes for your restart. Karen..aka..kll724

I am rooting for you. You will do great.