Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am actively considering the sleeve procedure. I am researching extensively. I have insurance that will kick in on 01/01/14 but I think there might be an exclusion in my policy. Is there anyone from the Houston area that can tell me if they paid cash and what is the price? I would even travel to another state in the US. I am saving Mexico as my last resort but it is still an option. Any info would be appreciated.

Most all surgeons have a cash price. If there is a surgeon you are interested in, go to their website it and will usually tell you. In Texas, the range seems to be $10-13k all inclusive. Lots of well respected bariatric surgeons in Texas.

Good luck!

I went to Dr Thomas Umbach in Las Vegas. I had a great experience with him and would highly recommend him. He has a cash price of $10,400 and also has financing option available. There are several of his patients on here. Do a search for his name. You will find great reviews. I am over 2 years out and still have excellent restriction. I lost 120# and have been at goal for quite a while, now.

Plus ... you get a mini vacation in Vegas. I took the wife and stayed at the Golden Nugget, $44 a night. I used miles to fly there, but usually airfare to Vegas is pretty cheap. We rented a car off Hotwire for less than $100. Pretty easy decision for me and absolutely no regrets.

I, too, went to Dr. Umbach in Las Vegas.

I can't say enough good things about him and his staff. I had a great experience.

I used Dr. Thomas Borland in New Iberia, Louisiana. The cash price is $9800, plus two nights in hotel in the area which was approximately $200. I have had zero problems. Best of luck to you!

Thanks! I will look up both of those doctors.

Dr. Phillipe Quilici is in California, My family and friends have all been seen by him, Great Staff and Great Hospital, Cedars Sinai or Providence St. Joseph, Burbank California, Sleeve Surgery is 5K Hospital Stay Includes everything 15K so you looking at 20K all together, He comes highly recommended. Good Luck.

I am self pay in Houston. My insurance has an exclusion; however, because I have a hiatal hernia that must be repaired, insurance is covering part of the hospital and anasthesia costs. My total cost (doctor, hospital, anasthesia, etc.) is $8400. Had I not had the hernia, it would have been closer to $12,000. I hope that helps. It is frustrating to find that insurance doesn't cover the surgery.

Hello All,

Thanks so much for all of the suggestions. I even looked up Borland and Umbach. But today, my insurance was verified and guess what... I HAVE COVERAGE!!! I am so happy that I wont have to self pay. I have a Pre-Op appointment on 01/10/2012. I will keep everyone informed probably in another thread or topic.

Thanks again everyone!

Great news! Now you can spend all that money on new clothes and shoes! LOL

Congrats on getting approved - how exciting.

Great news! Now you can spend all that money on new clothes and shoes! LOL

Congrats on getting approved - how exciting.

Thanks! being excited is an understatement!

I am so happy for you!! Good luck on your journey and keep us posted! :)