Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Follow my Gastric Sleeve journey from Day 1 post op!

Thank you for your posts!! So helpful!! I'm having surgery Monday at 630 am

Thank you Dreamscome true...congratulations your story is truly inspiring!! I love that you can drink...I'm a big Water drinker too...so you give me hope lol! Continued success on your journey!!

Oh my gosh, thank you so much for the kind words! Yes, I am so excited about the Water situation. When is your surgery date?!
I'm scheduled for 1/29

Thanks dreamscometrue!! Following your advice. Been cleaning all day and about to get the laundry done. I have a few 2 oz cups but need to get more. I'm liquid for 3 weeks after anyway though so I won't need them right away. Also started with packing today!

Thanks dreamscometrue!! Following your advice. Been cleaning all day and about to get the laundry done. I have a few 2 oz cups but need to get more. I'm liquid for 3 weeks after anyway though so I won't need them right away. Also started with packing today!

That's great! You'll be SO GLAD you got it all done ahead of time! Yeah, we just bought a bunch of the disposable Rubbermaid 4oz cups and filled them with food half way up. They wash nicely, and are perfect for these first weeks! Good luck to you and keep me posted!

Dreamscometrue give me an idea about the phsyc eval? I read a lot of posts that's says the are afraid. Can they fail you. If the surgery is a requirement how can they fail u?

Oh lord. My psych evaluation was a JOKE. The guy was a wack job and didn't ask me anything tough. Here's some examples of questions he asked: Have you researched this surgery? Do you have a support system? Do you realize this is a tool and not the only solution? Why do you want the surgery? Have you tried to lose weight on your own? " The guy didn't even realize when he sat down with me that I was there to get passed for WLS. Anyway, yes I've seen people on here post about being denied after the psych evaluation, but to me, it appeared it was for good causes. I'm just basing things off of the details provided. I'm not sure what you mean when you said "if the surgery is a requirement"... Who would require the surgery?

I was wondering bcuz I have tried dieting wasted my money on weight loss tablets, WW, etc and all have failed. Will they think I didn't try hard enough I am looking for the easy way out. I just don't know wat kind of questions will be asked. Should I be nervous? I have a meeting on Monday.

Well, just like every other sleeved patient has said... Every day gets WAY better! Today is day 5 post op and I cannot get over how great I feel. I spent the ENTIRE day Christmas shopping with my mom, walked a TON, had multiple bottles of Water, and didn't feel tired at all. If somebody would have told me 2 days ago that I would spend 8 hours at a mall shopping in just a few days, I would have told them they were CRAZY! I also had my first restaurant experience today, which I was very nervous about! I ordered a bowl of Soup and asked for a to-go container and poured the majority of that to take home and I ate my bites while my mom had a large salad, cookie, and a large diet coke. It didn't even bother me! I noticed that the food court at the mall smelled DELICIOUS. One thing I am noticing is that at lunch, I limited myself to roughly 2 oz. but I didn't feel super full. Anyone else noticed it? If so, any strategy that may help? I read on here that people feel stuffed after only a few bites and I didn't get that feeling today. It could have been because we walked a ton. Anyway, just wanted to be consistent and journal today! Any comments/suggestions/questions are welcomed!! :)

I was talking 2 my husband about the same thing how people say 2 bites & that's it 4 them I'm not like that @the very beginning like the 1st week I count 2 sixty b4 swallowing my food & take a 30 sec break between bites I think that's prob y I can get more in or my doc didn't give me a tight sleeve cause I was 215 when I 1st came into his office & also it depends on the food u eat 2 heavier food u eat less lighter foods u can eat more of that's how it is 4 me anyway I am 8 months out & depending on what I'm eating I can eat the whole plate small plate lol good luck 2 u

Oh lord. My psych evaluation was a JOKE. The guy was a wack job and didn't ask me anything tough. Here's some examples of questions he asked: Have you researched this surgery? Do you have a support system? Do you realize this is a tool and not the only solution? Why do you want the surgery? Have you tried to lose weight on your own? " The guy didn't even realize when he sat down with me that I was there to get passed for WLS. Anyway, yes I've seen people on here post about being denied after the psych evaluation, but to me, it appeared it was for good causes. I'm just basing things off of the details provided. I'm not sure what you mean when you said "if the surgery is a requirement"... Who would require the surgery?

My pysch was a joke also I was in and out in 2 min he asked me did I have a support team and do I know its other ways that's it I spent more time with the lady @ the front desk giving my copay & waiting 4 my receipt lol

Good evening, all! I thought I would take the advice of @luminouslife and journal my story for therapeutic reasons. I have chosen to only tell my husband, mom, and 2 best friends (from different states) and I figured since I've been getting support for months here from all of you, I could maybe assist others!

I will first give a little bit of my background. I am 27 years old, married with no children (yet)! I am not on any medications, blood pressure and cholesterol, etc are all great... I just need to lose weight! (About 125 lbs to be exact.) I officially started this journey back in August, however had been researching my options for about a year before that.

I was sleeved this morning at 9am and my surgeon said everything went perfectly! Honestly, I had been expecting the worst... Gas pains, stomach soreness, not being able to pee, etc... I have had NONE of that. Knock on wood, other than a dry mouth, I feel so blessed to have today go as well as it did. I got to my room at about 11am I believe and I felt sick to my stomach for about an hour, and kept falling asleep. At about 2pm, I noticed in already felt way better. I've been taking advantage of sleeping when I want (I literally did not sleep all last night bc I got sick from this stupid tofu Soup I are at lunch. Gross.) I've been using my spirometer when I can and been taking laps around the Bariatric unit every two hours, each time feeling better and better! Any questions/comments are greatly welcomed!

I didn't tell any 1 either except my FAM that live with me I don't think its anyone buisness unless I wanna tell them and people always have something negative 2 say good luck on your journey I am loving mine some emotional problems the 1st month but after that ive been great

Well good morning all. Just came back from my Pshyc evaluation and it appears to have well. She brought me back to Years of my childhood days I didn't even remember. She told me I had a will power in me that US going to work with me as an advantage with the sleeve. Based on my history I should have gained more weight but mentally I wad somewhat able to control myself to a point. Glad that's over. Now u have stress test and endoscopy all in the coming week. Yay :-)

Well good morning all. Just came back from my Pshyc evaluation and it appears to have well. She brought me back to Years of my childhood days I didn't even remember. She told me I had a will power in me that US going to work with me as an advantage with the sleeve. Based on my history I should have gained more weight but mentally I wad somewhat able to control myself to a point. Glad that's over. Now u have stress test and endoscopy all in the coming week. Yay :-)

Conggrats

I made it out of this weekend alive and able to pull off our friends not knowing about the surgery! It was pretty hard being at a very nice steakhouse and seeing all of the AMAZING food around me. I ordered an ahi tuna appetizer and ate that while my husband and our friends had delicious steaks with sides of scalloped potatoes and gorgonzola mac n' cheese. I wanted to eat everything, but instead, I ate a few pieces of tuna and hid the rest under the pile of carrots the tuna was sitting on. :) Afterward, we went to several upscale bars and of course I did not have a sip of alcohol. Our friends kept accusing me of being pregnant, and boy will they be surprised in 9 months when I have lost a significant amount of weight instead of a baby appearing! As for today, I spent the morning deep cleaning my closet and organizing everything by size and getting rid of things I no longer want to wear. I was so excited to see that a lot of my work clothes and blazers are fitting now! Just in time for NYE :)Oh, and my winter coat that I couldn't even get over my shoulders a few months ago… it now fits! Today is the kind of day that makes me so happy to physically see the results instead of just looking at the number on the scale!