Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December post ops

Me too...meat is really hard. It's easier for me to eat at lunch time, by dinner I'm kind of done. I do a smoothie with Greek yogurt, frozen strawberries and cran-grape juice for Breakfast, Protein Bar mid morning and a decent meal for lunch. If I feel like I can't eat what I'm cooking for my family I will do another smoothie for dinner. At least I'm getting good Protein and liquid in. It's still a daily struggle. First overeating and now under eating.

I find that eating the "main" mealnis easier at lunch time. I exercise after work and really am not hungry. I force something simple. I have noticed that I am eating a bit more than about 2 months ago. I am loving my fit bit aa ot seems to keep me on track. Was told that I need to eat more and exercise less. NEVER have I been told that!

I have been struggling to get all of my Water in and all of my Protein. I think I need to go back to drinking a lot more Protein Drinks because I don't think I can get it with food.

I've had a stomach virus since yesterday. Haven't eaten anything. Trying to stay hydrated. Hoping to over this soon.

I feel like the further I am out the worse I get on what I can eat! Beans are very good but meat is uh uh! I feel like I am going backwards I don't know?

Been feeling this way too lately-some days I feel like going back to all liquid- problem is I'm hungry

Unfortunately I can tolerate carbs really well which kinda sucks bit sometimes it just gives me something different. Ground meat as long as it has gravy or some juice is ok but dry meat ain't happening!!!!

I have been struggling to get all of my Water in and all of my Protein. I think I need to go back to drinking a lot more protein drinks because I don't think I can get it with food.< /p>

I agree. I can't get enough water and enough liquid without Protein Shakes. My usual breakfast is a Protein Shake with a half liter of ice cold water, two scoops of whey protein, (60 grams protein), a fruit (usually a banana), and some psyllium Fiber. It tastes better than it sounds! Some days I have to also have a protein bar, like CLIF brand or PURE PROTEIN brand.

After that I hit the treadmill for a slow twenty minutes, 1 to 3 MPH. In fact, I'm typing this while walking on my treadmill right now. I made a cheap "laptop computer desk" for my treadmill by placing some solid foam insulation "boards" on top of the treadmill handrails. It's nothing fancy. If you want, I'll try to attach some photos of my set up to a later post. Faster than 1 to 3 MPH and I can't type! Two miles per hour makes me sweat, so I think I'm also getting the aerobic benefit! MAYBE, and that's a big MAYBE, I'll get to the point that I have to run to sweat. But I'm not there yet!

post-207248-0-74886900-1396904531_thumb.png

Down from 345 to 255 since December 16th!

Down from 345 to 255 since December 16th!

Ninety pounds is HUGE!

For perspective I like to see the equivalent in how many ten-pound sacks of potatoes I've lost. That's about seven for me, since 12/10/13. And NINE for you!

WAY TO GO!

Ninety pounds is HUGE!

For perspective I like to see the equivalent in how many ten-pound sacks of potatoes I've lost. That's about seven for me, since 12/10/13. And NINE for you!

WAY TO GO!

I've never thought about it like that but sheesh! That's a lot of potatoes!

Congratulations to you too!

been off for awhile and so glad to see everyones successes..and also good to see i am not alone on some food issues. Will try and come on more like i used too. Started a new job and doing courses but will check in and read all your posts when i can. My weight loss is still going about 2 lbs a week or so.

Mine is about that also! Starting my gym workout tomorrow and I can't wait! Walked a mile tonight should've been longer but it's better than nothing.

Mine is about that also! Starting my gym workout tomorrow and I can't wait! Walked a mile tonight should've been longer but it's better than nothing.

I haven't started walking or anything. I've got to get with it.

I lose more when I exercise otherwise I stall out! I have around 70 lbs more I need to lose!

I lose more when I exercise otherwise I stall out! I have around 70 lbs more I need to lose!

My bariatric-surgery-group-affiliated-athletic-trainer gives general guidelines for exercise:

She says, for aerobics, to work until you start to sweat. Then maintain that level for twenty to thirty minutes, five to six times a week.

For strength, to work until failure. In other words, repeat the exercise, like push-ups, until you can't do anymore. She also says that for strength training, it doesn't matter what you lift, as long as you do the correct range of motion, and you do it to failure. So, we can lift cans of vegetables, or dishes, or dumbbells, or kids/grandkids, etc. Until we can't do it anymore. ;-)

What have you been told?

Nothing because my dr is 2 hrs away from here and I cannot go to meetings.