Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My new life begins in 36 hours!

My surgery is 36 hours away!!!! Any and every emotion that you can imagine is how I'm feeling. My only fear is the actual procedure, which seems to be most folks fear. But, I know this opportunity is a gift from God and I refuse to allow fear to steal from me! That has happened long enough. Because of my size, my life has been filled with challenges! I started at 269 and am down to 245. Once, a few years ago, my son and I were talking about amusement park rides and he asked, with such surprise, "you can get on rides?" I WASNT EXPECTING THAT!!! I said, "yeah....why did you ask that?", and he replied, "I didn't know you could get on the rides." He instantly realized what he said and kept saying, "never mind!" I asked him if he thought I was fat....he was silent! I said, "it's okay....I think I am too!" We never talked about it again and I haven't been to an amusement since. Tomorrow, I will be rewriting my future!!! Not only will I be on the rides next summer, but I'm getting a seasons pass!!!!! I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO BEING ON THIS RIDE FOREVER!!!! post-199121-0-30219200-1387276936_thumb.jpg This is hubby and I in August, 2013

Edited by Lainey3074

Getting on rides with my sons is something I'm also looking forward to as well. I'm almost 2 weeks post op and yesterday I went to my son's school winter concert. The seats had always been a snug fit but yesterday I sat comfortably. I was amazed at the difference already. It's ok to be a but nervous but it sounds like you see the big picture. Good luck on your surgery, recovery and new journey.

So exciting! Your life is about to change for the better! Fear used to rule my life, too. I still struggle with fear sometimes but it's much easier to deal with now with the weight gone.

I can't wait to see a picture of you and your son at the amusement park next summer.

Enjoy the ride...

Good luck on your surgery! We have pretty much the same stats. My highest weight was 269 and I went into surgery at 248. I, unfortunately, could not fit into most rides at amusement parks. It broke my heart to go to these places year after year and have to wait on the sidelines for my family while they rode. I cannot wait until Cedar Point opens for the season in May because I will be there getting my coaster fix.

Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Thanks all!!! Eighteen hours now!

Edited by Lainey3074

Thanks all!!! Eighteen hours now!

TWELVE HOURS!!!!

My surgery went well! Beside the normal pain from the surgery, I feel great!!!

Glad you are feeling pretty good!

My surgery went well! Beside the normal pain from the surgery, I feel great!!!

Congrats!!

Once about 10 years ago I went on a ride that consisted of going down this huge mountain in a small car on a track!!! I asked my sister if she thought I could fit in the car and she said I can so you can too....

Well I squeezed my 333 lbs. into that car and it was fun going down that hill..Until I reached the bottom and there was a crowd of people on the side lines watching the ride and the people who were on it...Cameras were flashing and all eyes seemed to be on me....

I could not go anywhere, I was just there in a pickle...I could not lift myself out of the ride...I was so stuck it was impossible....

Finally this little tiny Japanese guy came over and put his camera down and pulled and tugged until I was free...Trust me people were taping the entire event....My sister had finished the ride and joined people on the side lines..My husband had not come down the mountain yet so he missed the entire thing...

Finally which seemed like hours to me I was released from the ride...I stood up and bowed to the onlookers and said that is how an obese person rides down this mountain...Hope everyone got enough movies and photos to share and put on face book....

There was no laughing or anything, just people looking at me.....Inside I wanted to die..On the outside I gave a speech and hoped beyond hope that it would not end up on YouTube..Never saw it there so I must have missed that one by a hair...

Never went on another ride since...never talked about it until now...

I have always wondered what my sister was thinking when she said the ride was safe for me.....I would have to ask..But I really don't know if I want the answer....

So..I have been there too, done that...Know how you felt....

Edited by RJ'S/beginning

RJ....thanks for sharing! We can let our experiences motivate us to do better and become healthier!!! WE GOT THIS!!!!

Edited by Lainey3074

Hi all...I had surgery on the 18th. When they came to get me I started crying. I knew I was doing the right thing and I knew God was with me but it was still very scary! I was wheeled into "OR-5" at 6:00 on the dot! They asked me some personal questions as I moved to the surgery table. I answered but in my mind I thought, "I know what you're doing!" The nurse said she was giving me something for to relax me. I said okay and then I heard people telling to wake up! THAT SIMPLE!

The pain was on a scale of 5-7....bearable...but why bear it? Take the meds. No need to be a trooper! And, the pain wasn't from my incisions....it was in my chest. They said they had to move my liver and the pain was probably a combination of that and the gas from the leak test, which they perform at the end of the procedure.

I came home yesterday around 1:30 and was in the bed ever since. The nausea and dry heaving was severe but I felt much better after the heaving settled. I haven't taken in much. I plan to do better today.

So far....so good!!!

Good luck on your surgery! We have pretty much the same stats. My highest weight was 269 and I went into surgery at 248. I, unfortunately, could not fit into most rides at amusement parks. It broke my heart to go to these places year after year and have to wait on the sidelines for my family while they rode. I cannot wait until Cedar Point opens for the season in May because I will be there getting my coaster fix. Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Lorie, when they asked my weight, I had THE BIGGEST smile when I said, "245"!!!!!!!