Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fill Dr.'s in Wisconsin or Illinois?

I had my procedure in Tijuana, and it's just too costly to fly back there for fills. Does anyone have a fill doctor in Wisconsin or Illinois that will

take outsiders? Sure appreciate your help! Thanks. BetterLife

Betterlife-

I'm in Chicago and am wondering the same thing. I don't know if my surgeons take "outside patients" for adjustments, but I'm going in Wednesday and will find out. I'm interested to find out if there is somewhere less expensive that I could go in Chicago, so I'm looking into this.

I did come across a site today regarding the same subject. Go to this link...

http://www.fillcentersusa.com/

Cheers,

ABP

Very sincere thanks! I've gone through the list from the link, and fills are from $500-$700 or $1500 for a one year or I'm not accepted . Even if I bought a cheap roundtrip ticket to somewhere, where the fill was $150, I'd be ahead of the game. Please let me know what you find out, and I will do the same. Thanks, BetterLife

Hi! There is a doctor in IL that will do fills. He is in Downers Grove, IL.

His name is Dr. Vitello. I emailed him, and he responded quickly. This is what he said:

Yes I still perform lap band fills. The fee without fluoroscopy is $75, assuming I can

get access to your port without xray. If we ned xray the fee is $150 plus the hospital bills you $125 for the use of xray. If your interested just email me.

DrVitello

His contact info is: Dr, Vitello (Downers Grove, s.w. of Chicago) contact by email at jvituic@comcast.net

Also Midwest Bariatrics in Nina, Wisconsin supposedly will do fills. I don't have a phone number.

I've also heard about this one, but have had no luck contacting them:

Surburban Surgical Care (n.w. Illinois) 888-639-7353 $250

Where are you located? I'm in Iowa City, Iowa.

Hope this helps,

Donna

P.S.

I also checked into the fillcenters thing, and it was far too high in my opinion. It doesn't appear they have been around too long.

My doctor in MX gave me the above docs!

Donna

Thank you so much! It's close, and I like the idea of fluoroscopy for at least the first fill. Much cheaper than an airline ticket across the country and possibly a nights stay. I can't thank you enough for informing me. I'll keep in touch with you too. Fillcenters are very high priced, and probably not any better than any Dr. who's experienced at this. Thanks! Thanks! Thanks Sparkette

My surgeon, Dr Kirshenbaum in Denver, does fills for $15.00. I am not sure he'll do fills for Mexican bands though.

Very sincere thanks! I've gone through the list from the link, and fills are from $500-$700 or $1500 for a one year or I'm not accepted . Even if I bought a cheap roundtrip ticket to somewhere, where the fill was $150, I'd be ahead of the game. Please let me know what you find out, and I will do the same. Thanks, BetterLife

Otherwise, call Dean Care Comprehensive Weight management in Madison, WI. 250.00 for the initial visit and $125.00 per fill. I will be having mine done by Dr. Sunby there. Again, I am unsure about the Mexican band thing.

Weight Management: Surgical Criteria

I've had or I'm having lap band surgery in Mexico. Will you do the fills for me?

The safest option is to have fills performed by the surgeon that implants the band. If this is not possible for you, please meet with one of our surgeons to discuss your situation.

How much is a fill?

Please discuss the cost of fills with the surgeon's office at your consult visit. The price may vary depending on the possible need of having the fill performed at the hospital under fluoroscopy (special x-ray).

Alexian Bros.

Advanced Weight Solutions :

Call Today! 800-433-3130

Hope this helps!

Sheesha~ do you really mean $15.00? $15.00 is an incredible price.

WOW! Thank!

Dr. Kirschenbaum will only do fills for $15, if HE did your surgery. Furthermore, he will not do fills for MX patients. Plus, you'd still have a long drive, or a flight to pay for....

The doctor that I was GOING to have do my surgery in the US does free fills after surgery, only IF he did your surgery, but will not touch patients who have gone to MX. This is true of MOST US lap band surgeons.:)

It's hard to find one.

I think I'm gonna stick to Dr. Vitello.

Donna

Thank you so much! It's close, and I like the idea of fluoroscopy for at least the first fill. Much cheaper than an airline ticket across the country and possibly a nights stay. I can't thank you enough for informing me. I'll keep in touch with you too. Fillcenters are very high priced, and probably not any better than any Dr. who's experienced at this. Thanks! Thanks! Thanks Sparkette

No problem Betterlife!

Perhaps we will meet one day at a fill appointment! LOL:D

Donna

Yep. $15.00, as in a $10 and a $5. $15.00!

Sheesha~ do you really mean $15.00? $15.00 is an incredible price.

WOW! Thank!

Dr. Kirschenbaum will only do fills for $15, if HE did your surgery. Furthermore, he will not do fills for MX patients. Plus, you'd still have a long drive, or a flight to pay for....

The doctor that I was GOING to have do my surgery in the US does free fills after surgery, only IF he did your surgery, but will not touch patients who have gone to MX. This is true of MOST US lap band surgeons.;)

It's hard to find one.

I think I'm gonna stick to Dr. Vitello.

Donna

Hi, Dr. Kirshenbaum does take patients that had surgery in Mexico but I do not know what he charges, I would think it would cost more than what he charges his surgical patients. I live in NE Wisconsin so when air travel is cheap enough I will travel out to Denver for a fill, but otherwise I have to travel about 31/2 to 4 hours to Madison. Sunnysea