Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Female issues with RNY?

So this might be TMI, especially for the guys, but I'm having my first cycle since having surgery in Nov. I'm in so much pain, I can't get out of bed. I don't have PCOS and yes, I've had cramps but never this bad. I'm in pain almost everywhere in my body, extremely fatigued and almost feel like my blood sugar is low (shaky to the point where it feels like you are going to crawl out of your own skin). I've been doing ok keeping up with my fluids and Protein this week so I really don't know what is going on. Has this happened to anyone else? It just doesn't seem normal to me as I've had bad cramps with all my cycles.

My first cycle after surgery was awful as well. Very tired and crampy, and so much blood I contemplated going to the doctor. Lasted about 10 days. Then it went away as if nothing ever happened. Like flipping a light switch. My second one was not as bad. Hope you get some rest and feel better. Take it easy.

So this might be TMI, especially for the guys, but I'm having my first cycle since having surgery in Nov. I'm in so much pain, I can't get out of bed. I don't have PCOS and yes, I've had cramps but never this bad. I'm in pain almost everywhere in my body, extremely fatigued and almost feel like my blood sugar is low (shaky to the point where it feels like you are going to crawl out of your own skin). I've been doing ok keeping up with my fluids and Protein this week so I really don't know what is going on. Has this happened to anyone else? It just doesn't seem normal to me as I've had bad cramps with all my cycles.

You are normal, and many of us have gone through it. As you lose weight your fat cells release hormones, and it can feel like you are going through puberty again. Acne, crying, cramps, bad periods and so on could come up in the first few months after surgery. If things get too bad call your doctor. Also remember that when those hormones release it also makes us very very fertile. So take precautions.

My cycle is normal for the first time ever but tge cramp are new to me very painful

I'm pre op and have such bad cramps they make me vomit and I can hardly get out of bed! I can't imagine them getting worse! Now I'm scared lol.

I'm with Music. Even now the periods are rough and I'm about 8 mon post. I'm def more regular as I had pcos. Hormonal is a awesome word to describe it. My acne went insane.

I had an ablation and my tubes removed during surgery. I don't have periods anymore but I cramp really bad about the time I would normally have my cycle.

Thanx guys! At least I know it seems normal. Although, I'd almost rather have the surgery again than these cramps. (Going on day 4). I've pretty much been stationary on a heating pad except when I'm out walking, which kind of helps too, until you stop lol. I'm now starting to worry about the "very very fertile" thing now music! Lol oh well, poor husband!

Thanx guys! At least I know it seems normal. Although, I'd almost rather have the surgery again than these cramps. (Going on day 4). I've pretty much been stationary on a heating pad except when I'm out walking, which kind of helps too, until you stop lol. I'm now starting to worry about the "very very fertile" thing now music! Lol oh well, poor husband!

That's why I warned you. I had a hysterectomy several years before RNY, but have seen so many people on the boards that have gotten pregnant.

I will say that i am sure I would have been pregnant if had not had a hysterectomy. Hubby and I were like newlyweds again at about 6 months post op!!! It was so much fun ????!

I'm going through this now. I got my period on the 16th but since about the 14th I have been miserable. I mean just pure hell. I've spent the last two days doing nothing but laying in bed. I don't have PCOS and have always had pretty typical cycles. This one though, takes the cake!! No cravings or hunger but just very shaky, very headachy, tired. I usually use tampons but the first two days I just couldn't because it was that heavy. I've heard this is pretty normal - hormones, a lot of weight loss in the beginning and if you're like me, about 10 days worth of blood thinners that the dr said would only add to whatever was happening. So - I fully intend on going on birth control. It makes me super nervous being a fertile myrtle!! I don't need another toddler for a LONG time!

I'm going through this now. I got my period on the 16th but since about the 14th I have been miserable. I mean just pure hell. I've spent the last two days doing nothing but laying in bed. I don't have PCOS and have always had pretty typical cycles. This one though, takes the cake!! No cravings or hunger but just very shaky, very headachy, tired. I usually use tampons but the first two days I just couldn't because it was that heavy. I've heard this is pretty normal - hormones, a lot of weight loss in the beginning and if you're like me, about 10 days worth of blood thinners that the dr said would only add to whatever was happening. So - I fully intend on going on birth control. It makes me super nervous being a fertile myrtle!! I don't need another toddler for a LONG time!

I'm afraid of the weight gain with b/c. I was on it since I was 16 because of my periods. So I'm now completely lost as far as bc goes. My husband and I were trying to get pregnant but now we're obviously waiting the 18 months.

I don't think I ever experienced weight gain with bc. Maybe it depends which one you were on. I've had the best luck with a pill called Kariva. Fairly regular cycles, only 4 days max and I barely needed to use anything. Loved it. Def talk to your doc. They would know better!!