Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tell me how you do it....I mean sleep that is. I wake every 30 min or so....

I take children's liquid Benedryl when I have trouble sleeping. It get me drowsy enough to sleep well.

Hurting from surgery pain? Try a heating pad if your Dr allows. It can be soothing. You can also use pillows to prop yourself good. May take the pressure off the sore areas. Good luck! Not sleeping is not fun.

I know what everyone is talking about when they say the pain gets worse lol. I moved from chair to bed several times last night cause I was hurting. I am feeling great other than then pain. I can feel gas pockets moving around inside me but not able to release it. Feels like I got to go number 2 but I end up just sitting there and falling asleep lol

Bobby... Glad your home and on your way to a healthier life! Walking and my heating pad helped... And belive'n everyone on the forums that said each day is a bit better... I am almost a month out and not regretting a thing! I knew the more I moved the quicker my bowels would figure out their job! Went from nothing to the full runs the first week.. Once I could add a bit of food in it just kept getting better! Had a use a round of Miralax at the end of the first week... Makes since though if all your doing is liquid! The pain does get so much better! The regrets at this point ran high and I cried a lot.. Lol. Doctor said it is the hormone changes but at 64 I thought that would pass me by... Nope! But it only lasted about 2 weeks.. I had to adopt the thought daily of "BE AS YOU ARE"... Drink from a sippy cup helped my gas pains.. Know that no one really sleeps well at your point.. It is ok.. Love those little daily naps!

Thanks I kinda doze on and off quite a bit. I would love to walk but we got ice and freezing rain here in arkansas. I just been walking around the house as much as I can. I looked for some moms but couldn't find any in medicine cabinet. Found exlax but kinda worried about trying that for you the reason of dehydration

I was given liquid oxy for pain which I only used at night and I slept in the recliner for about 5 nights....as far as gas along with walking you can try gas x strips it may help again by day 4 it was far less painful. I had a small bowel movement on day 3 ...my doctor said to try Marilax because they dont want you to push to much so just use a stool softener if nothing after 4 or 5...but best to ask you doctor about that but dont use exlax

Hi Bobby! I had my surgery 11-11-13 and so did my Husband...what helped for us was gas-x strips, because the pressure from gas pain is what made it so uncomfortable and not able to sleep. Plus plenty of pillows to prop up around you. I had to use milk of magnesium (Phillips brand) as well. Wishing you a speedy recovery and congrats on your WL surgery journey!

You sound JUST like me right after the hospital. The gas pain was so bad for me. I felt it all in my shoulders. I slept in our chair the first 2 nights home and was so upset because I thought I had basically signed my life away for nothing but pain. It gets better. Walk, drink Water - a heating pad saved me the first few days. I know it sounds crazy now but in 2 weeks you'll feel awesome!!!!

I am 4 days out and all I want to do is soak in the tub to release some of this gas. But I obviously can't... the heating pad sounds like an awesome alternative

Why didn't I think of that!

Good Luck!!!

Also the 1st nite home I had some heartburn and started the prevacid. Last night I slept through the night.

Thanks I kinda doze on and off quite a bit. I would love to walk but we got ice and freezing rain here in arkansas. I just been walking around the house as much as I can. I looked for some moms but couldn't find any in medicine cabinet. Found exlax but kinda worried about trying that for you the reason of dehydration

Try miralax and stool softeners. Even walking around your house will help w/gas. Any movement will. My PA suggested doing the stairs for exercise. Is there a mall near you? When you're able to drive go there to walk. Here, malls open early for walkers - a great option for safe warm walking. My surgery was 5/30 and I envisioned walking on warm late Spring days and getting a little sun on my deck. THAT didn't happen! The reality was the coldest days we had that Spring and lots of raw, rainy days. I even lit the woodstove, it was that cold. No sun till I went back to work two weeks later. Figures! :-)