Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm sorry you are having such a hard time. I am also 3 weeks post op RNY too. I'm not sure what sort of foods you can have - your stage 2 sounded like my stage 3 and what I was discharged on at the hospital. I'm on soft puréed now and have about 6 days left. I have been eating Turkey chili with Beans, shredded cheese and sour cream like it's my biz!!! I don't know if you can have that but it makes me feel semi-human. I totally understand where you are coming from.

Keep drinking. I feel like I can never get enough Water in! Hang in there ;) We are in this together!!

Oh and a point about the food - I daydream constantly about food. pizza, Chinese, Pasta, my favorite foods I would eat before surgery. I smell everything I can't have. My point is that I think it's more "normal" than not. I remind myself that while the behaviors before were definitely NOT good, this surgery was not a fix all for bad food choices. I know I will eat pizza again. Maybe not delivery and 800 pieces, but a pizza made my way, that will help with those cravings.

Am 3wks post ops n I am going through a really rough patch right now, i can't take my Vitamins, i am tired of stage 2 foods i feel like I want to eat everything in front of me. i am so fustrated. <br><br> P/S i need people to help me boost up not people to critize me or judge me please. So if u r ready to attack me just exit my thread. I need help!!!

Well I have good news and bad news.

Good news : you are 100% normal. We all went through that stage. It is a hard stage, but I promise you will make it through. We all have.

Bad news: it might get worse before you feel better.

You still have a couple more stages to go through.

Hormones stage: that is when you are more hormonal than a teenager. Everything makes you cry! This happens as a result of your body losing weight and releasing the hormones in your fat cells.

Regret stage: while you are crying like a baby you have a period of regret. The "what in the hell did I do - I just want a slice of pizza"

Finally you will hit your first weight loss stall. Best thing I can tell you about that is be patient and know it will not last forever.

Trust me it will get better!!

Well I have good news and bad news. Good news : you are 100% normal. We all went through that stage. It is a hard stage, but I promise you will make it through. We all have. Bad news: it might get worse before you feel better. You still have a couple more stages to go through. Hormones stage: that is when you are more hormonal than a teenager. Everything makes you cry! This happens as a result of your body losing weight and releasing the hormones in your fat cells. Regret stage: while you are crying like a baby you have a period of regret. The "what in the hell did I do - I just want a slice of pizza" Finally you will hit your first weight loss stall. Best thing I can tell you about that is be patient and know it will not last forever. Trust me it will get better!!

Omg that is so funny, I wonder if I am going through that right now, i have been feeling really moody, n just want to cry for anything, i havehad though about why i did this to myself, n i constantly have to go back to my medical record copies n review my health problems as a reminder of why i decided to go for this surgery.

Thank u for ur support

I'm sorry you are having such a hard time. I am also 3 weeks post op RNY too. I'm not sure what sort of foods you can have - your stage 2 sounded like my stage 3 and what I was discharged on at the hospital. I'm on soft puréed now and have about 6 days left. I have been eating Turkey chili with Beans, shredded cheese and sour cream like it's my biz!!! I don't know if you can have that but it makes me feel semi-human. I totally understand where you are coming from. Keep drinking. I feel like I can never get enough Water in! Hang in there ;) We are in this together!!

You and I are on the same schedule here, i also have about 6 days before they change me to stage 3 foods, i am on mushy food but i have noticed that many of the food is still heavy on my stomach n when that happens I have to move back to liquids to help soothe the pouch :(. I think i hit the 3wk stall as well cause from last friday til this friday I only lost 1lb. Which I am ok with it but i would think hey if i am hardly eating shouldnt I loose more weight,

Omg I also have the cravings for pizza and for a hamburger from BK

Monyka!!! Lol - I would never eat at BK before and now all I want is a whopper!! Damn head hunger!!

Have you tried anything like yogurt or sour cream? I've noticed that anything with milk goes down and sits really well for me. The Dannon Oikos Light n Fit is really good. I also always put FF sour cream in my chili (and I never ate chili before my surgery because I hated it) because it helps it sit better. I've heard people refer to these things as "slider foods."

I have noticed that some things are more difficult to digest - the first time I did eggs was a little hard, I felt uneasy after but not nauseous. Now I have no problems. Same with tuna. Tried it first, took it slow felt "strange" but now I can eat that too. Here are some things I have tried:

Turkey chili with reduced fat shredded cheese and fat free sour cream (prob 2 oz total)

Tuna with light mayo and salt/pepper/garlic powder

One egg omelet with 1oz shredded cheese and a couple "dots" of ketchup

Egg salad with light mayo and garlic powder

The one time I "ate out" was Taco Bell's Pintos and Cheese with a side of sour cream (I got 3 meals out of one cup!)

Very moist meatloaf with lean ground beef and a couple "dots" of ketchup

Cottage cheese

Ricotta cheese with no sugar added sauce nuked for 1 minute in a dish

Retried Beans with cheese and sour cream

The usual: yogurt, cream of chicken Soup.

I can barely tolerate Protein shakes so my nutritionist gives us the option of 3 glasses of fat free or 1% milk or a Protein shake. Helllllllo milk!!

I hope this helps you out the next 6 days. I don't know about you but all I want is to chew real food!!!

Thank u so much LindsJ83 that will help me alot.

What Vitamins are you taking? Why can't you take them? Is it a texture thing, so they taste bad, are you throwing them back up? I found the three weeks in was the hardest for me. You may do better of you stay away from everyone when they are eating so you don't feel so bad and tempted to eat real food. It won't be long now you'll be on more textures. Be patient w yourself. This is all new and 90% of it is psychological. Hugs!

I am on Flinstones chewable my 15yr old takes them like candy but me I dislike the taste of them, when I try taking them right away i feel nauseus just to get a little taste. Even the disolvable B6/B12 i cant tolarate the cherry taste to them anymore. I do try to stay away from my family when they r eating n they also try to eat when I am eating or after I eat so that they dont tempt me with their food n i am doing pretty good with staying strong but sometimes its just so hard on me.
You could try a Bariatric Advantage chewy Vitamin or their crystal Vitamins that you dissolve in fluids. There's also liquid vitamins/calcium made by Welleese. That might be easier for you. As for your B12; they also sell that in a spray or you could opt for the injection (i think its once a month) through your PCP. I don't have to she B6 so I have no suggestions for that one. Upmost, be patient and kind to yourself. This time will pass quickly and you'll be onto new stages. I will tell you I had incredible nightmares about ppl force feeding me stuff I knew I wasn't suppose to eat! I would wake in totally panic and covered on sweat. There's a lot chemically happening in your body right now and this journey is 90% psychological. You're going to get through this and love yourself for all the NSV you will achieve. Peace.

I had surgery 12/2 and am having a hard time with the Vitamins as well. I'm taking flinstone chewable's as well so I can relate. They are nasty!

So sorry you're having a rough time... I remember feeling just like that at about 3 weeks out. I wanted to a share a (not so pretty) pic of my lunch today. Just happens to be mushy, but SO good! Tuna-noodless-casserole.

1 can tuna in Water

1/4 c. Fat free cream of chicken

1/4 c. Fat free cheddar cheese

Sprinkle of onion powder, garlic powder, and pepper.

Stir in bowl and microwave until cheese melts. SO yummy, high in Protein, and low in cals!

post-196755-0-55296400-1387043214_thumb.jpg

Yum!! I will have to try that today!!

I remember all of this. Everyone kept saying it will get better but you don't see any end in sight. But they were right, it does get better and it's not that far away. ;) I still have some issues but they aren't nearly as often and I've become accustomed to the little things.

I had surgery 12/2 and am having a hard time with the Vitamins as well. I'm taking flinstone chewable's as well so I can relate. They are nasty!

I use Celebrate Vitamins, they are a bariatric Vitamin have to order online but they have vitamins in all forms for each stage, I have the flavor mix to add to my Water (3 flavors)and also soft chew multi (2 flavors) and soft chew Calcium (3flavors) they will send you a sample pack of almost everything they have for $3 which they give you a code to apply that to first order

This is I think normal. It's all a process. Somedays I would get so upset wondering how on earth could I ever function with my normal life when I was struggling just trying to do fluids and work out Vitamins etc. The good news is...This too shall pass! It's all a process that comes. It won't be 100% perfect at 1st. You have to adapt and learn what works and finally some things will just click and fall into place. Fluids was a hard one for me. I found sugar free Popsicles helped me tons. My nutritionist suggested them and it did help. Don't worry if it doesn't come immediately cause it's something we all pretty much have been though. If u ever need to talk or any help please feel free to message me. I'm almost 8 months out and not totally perfect but I remember all too well how frustrated I felt. Also be kind to yourself. A lot of hormonal changes and issues happen the weeks after surgery and things can be a bit kooky for awhile. That too gets better. We are here to help!

Hang in there sweetie !!! We all have ups and downs, I am 20 months post op. You just need to find your goove, try different things and find what works for you. We are all different and lose in our own way, stick to the plan and adjust to what works for you. Keep a positive out look :)