Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What clear liquids did you have after surgery?

Hi all,

I am being banded in 8 days and wanted to ask you all what kinds of Clear liquids did you have once you left the hospital ? Ones you really liked?

My surgery will be a few days before Christmas and my extended family have a major feast on the 24th. I dont feel sad that i can't have what they are all having but i do want to have something nice too. My mum is going to make me home made chicken broth as i LOVE her chicken Soup, i will just have the broth no chunks.

Any ideas would be great.

Night Night From Australia!!

SF Popsicles. Make sure you have Popsicles!!!!! I am 6 days post op and had trouble early on. Popsicles were the only thing that I could keep down.

I had Gatorade, Water, clear broth, coffee, tea and even SF Jello.

Clear Liquids

coffee

Iced and Hot Tea

SF Ice Pops

SF Jello

Protein Shots

broth from any regular Soup

Full Liquids

Cream of chicken Cup of Soup

Yogurt

Muscle Milk (snack: Cake Batter flavor mixed thick and eaten like...well cake batter - YUM!)

wrong post

Edited by MsKeeKee01

wrong post

Im sorry you are going thru such a hard time with your friend, but taking this journey is hard in every way but so special too. She is scared to be left behind on the fat road and is in heart ache to see you jumping on board the WLS bandwagon. Just be a great example a kind and loving one even if she is not. Fighting fire with fire doesnt work using cool Water does.

Thanks everyone, great ideas. I wish we had sugar free ice pops but they dont sell them here, so i will make my own using Gatoraid Zero.

SF Popsicles. Make sure you have Popsicles!!!!! I am 6 days post op and had trouble early on. Popsicles were the only thing that I could keep down.

I will be making my own with crystal light and gatoraid Zero as they dont sell sugar free ones here.