Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

11 Months And 128Lbs Gone Forever!

First off I cannot believe I am almost a year out from my new life. Life has changed for me dramatically in so many ways. The things I never thought I would be able to do, I’m able to do today. One was change my relationship with food. Food has been part of my life for so long and just the thought of handling life issues on my own without the comfort of food was a hard pill to swallow. My health has turned around for the best which was the most important thing I wanted to do, I did not want my weight to be a factor in my death. I was miserable, I was overweight, I was angry, I was never able to find clothes that actually fit me, and I was trapped in a body that I ultimately hated. I knew things were bad for me when I was unable to reach my girl parts in the shower. I was unable to walk one block without losing my breath & my sleep apnea was really out of control when I would choke and stop breathing while I slept. After having a brain aneurysm I fell depressed and food really became a comfort. For a few years I would not even take pictures or look in the mirror, I basically hated my own reflection. My only regret about having my surgery was I wish I had done this sooner. I have had many bumps in the road. And believe me this is no easy way out, you have to take it day by day. My relationship with food, people and loved ones have all changed for the better…(yes believe me I am a new person, so whatever was negative in my life before is no longer in my life now…elimination is key this time around and it feels good to be in control) For anyone starting their own journey, I would like to say, do your research, find much needed support, ask as many questions as you like no question is dumb, never compare yourself to others, do what works for you, stick to the program, LOG YOUR FOODS, eat your Protein and be sure to take your Vitamins, learn to love the new person that will surface life only gets better from here! and most important---DO NOT ALLOW ANYONE TO TALK YOU OUT OF TAKING YOUR LIFE BACK AND LIVING A HEALTHIER LIFE!

Edited by life_after_gastric_bypass

Congrats on your wonderful journey, your doing awesome!

thank u so much :)

Congratulations on such an amazing journey! You are so encouraging! Thank you for sharing tht. I needed to hear that.

Thank you and good luck to you as well ;)

Thanks and congrats on your loss too, feels good to get our lives back!

Thanks and congrats on your loss too, feels good to get our lives back!

Girl tell me about it, lol and yes down a little over 100 pounds and loving life right now. Just need to tone up a bit more and I'm in Nirvana lol

I'm gonna get me some muscles now lol

post-199872-0-21274800-1388299532_thumb.png

[ATTACH]39280[/ATTACH]

Edited by Blessed Mz

Congratulations! I can tell by the way you talk that you are truly happy with your decision and how surgery has improved your life.

The way you describe your before is like you are describing my life now. It's really depressing to think I've gotten myself to this point, but amazing to hear that someone who has once felt the way I am feeling now, in such a great place. Hopefully I will be in your shoes soon and be able to give inspiration to someone else. Thank you so much for sharing your story(:

Congratulations! I can tell by the way you talk that you are truly happy with your decision and how surgery has improved your life. The way you describe your before is like you are describing my life now. It's really depressing to think I've gotten myself to this point, but amazing to hear that someone who has once felt the way I am feeling now, in such a great place. Hopefully I will be in your shoes soon and be able to give inspiration to someone else. Thank you so much for sharing your story(:

Thank you so much, being trapped in a body you hate is depressing. I did not know how much I let myself go, I refused to even look in the mirror. I am so thankful that we do have options. My only regret is I wish I had done this sooner. Now I feel so good about me, my health and loving me became so much easier:). And guess what you will feel the same and you will inspire the next person as well. I wish you all the best! :)

Congratulations!! Wow that is fantastic! Thank you so much for sharing. I start my journey in a few weeks, it's so nice to read positive success stories!

Congratulations!! Wow that is fantastic! Thank you so much for sharing. I start my journey in a few weeks, it's so nice to read positive success stories!

Thank you, and good luck to you on your new life journey! We have bumps in the road but it's getting pass those bumps that make the ride worth wild! :)

post-189914-0-13938200-1388339621_thumb.jpg