Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My Line In The Sand

Ugh. Missed on the Fluid intake yesterday. I got 7 cups, and that counts coffee and two drinks. So that's my goal again today. 64 oz. of fluids. Off for a walk. Lynda

Oh man just one cup off. If that happens again can you just chug another cup of Water before bed?

Honestly, I just couldn't squeeze in more. It's a result of bad planning. If I don't get enough in earlier in the day, it's too hard to play catch-up. Today, I've got three cups under my belt and planning on getting another in before I eat lunch. I haven't been paying much attention to fluids and didn't realize how little I was getting in. Thanks to a post from LV about not getting enough and my focus on the 12 days of Christmas to get back on track, I realize just how far off the path I was on suggested Fluid intake.

Lynda

Yes Lynda Fluid intake when I'm failing off the rails that's the first thing that goes to the wayside.

I bet if we try and keep up with that (fluid intake) all else falls inline much easier..

Because the next few weeks are going to be a super test for me I've been slamming the liquids like crazy. I'm a die hard baker so it's even tougher right now

Drink drink drink... Pee pee pee :)

You can do it!

I take a bath almost every morning and take a giant glass (4 cups) of Water with me, and make myself drink it all before I get out of the Water, I even sometimes fill it up again... If I don't do this, its pretty hard for me to get in enough water.

Sounds like you've taken the proverbial "bull by the horns", Lynda! This time of the year it's very easy to "slip" some. I was iced in at my house for three days last week and let me tell you, it was NOT pretty! LOL Back on track now - and still in low bounce range but want to lose that last pound before Christmas so I'm there with you, Girlfriend! Hold that line!!

Yes Georgia, great christmas present to ourselves: goal weight! Posting here really helps me think things through and stay on track.

Lynda

HiJackAlert, HiJackAlert :o

Georgia, is that you????

great new pic, luv it :)

you and i are the same age, but you look terrrrrric/much younger fellow grammy ;)

ok, back to our regularly scheduled program :lol:

Linda

good for you on pulling yourself up by the bootstraps - sounds like you got a great plan with eating, drinking, not depriving yourself - not eating in the evening

sounds like you have it all figured out ;)

as others mentioned, we're gonna be "tested" these next few weeks

i know you are gonna be a winner, come through with flying colors :)

btw - your lotion smells great, your lip gloss looks terrific, and you my friend are one of a kind, the best kind that is :)

good luck ;)

kathy

Edited by proudgrammy

Thanks Kathy. And yes Georgia, I love the new pic too! BTW, I am a granny of six: 19 to 11. We start early in my family :-)

I've got the Water in, no sweets, and I'm about to go to bed because I would really, really a snack right now, but I would love being at goal on Christmas more. So I'm gonna have a cup of gingerbread tea and call it a night. Grateful for this group for the strength and goodwill to stick to my 12 days of Christmas.

Getting one grandson Friday-Sunday and my only granddaughter is coming to bake next Wednesday-Thursday. So no Snacks now and I will have a little treat with them then.

Lynda

Thanks Kathy. And yes Georgia, I love the new pic too! BTW, I am a granny of six: 19 to 11. We start early in my family :-) I've got the Water in, no sweets, and I'm about to go to bed because I would really, really a snack right now, but I would love being at goal on Christmas more. So I'm gonna have a cup of gingerbread tea and call it a night. Grateful for this group for the strength and goodwill to stick to my 12 days of Christmas. Getting one grandson Friday-Sunday and my only granddaughter is coming to bake next Wednesday-Thursday. So no Snacks now and I will have a little treat with them then. Lynda

JEALOUS! Six! I have 3 girls 3, 8 and 11. Joy undiluted!

Good work on fluids. I don't have problems with liquid but Protein another story. I don't know whether to worry or not since I seem to be in good health my bloodwork is always good and I think I get enough for my age but.

Like you,Linda, I like goal! Intend to stay there this time. Soldier on, Friend!

HiJackAlert, HiJackAlert :o Georgia, is that you???? great new pic, luv it :) you and i are the same age, but you look terrrrrric/much younger fellow grammy ;) ok, back to our regularly scheduled program :lol: Linda good for you on pulling yourself up by the bootstraps - sounds like you got a great plan with eating, drinking, not depriving yourself - not eating in the evening sounds like you have it all figured out ;) as others mentioned, we're gonna be "tested" these next few weeks i know you are gonna be a winner, come through with flying colors :) btw - your lotion smells great, your lip gloss looks terrific, and you my friend are one of a kind, the best kind that is :) good luck ;) kathy

Thanks, Kathy, I'm a proud granny too. Hang tough!

Besides my husband, sleepytime tea is my best friend, Its the only way I can really get in all of my fluids. Love it!

So, I'm over my bounce range and so far I haven't done a good job of stopping the snacking, but tonight I am not eating after dinner. I will not starve! My Christmas present to myself: at goal or under. I've got two weeks, lots of parties and get together a, but I know I can do it. Starting with tonight. I've got my lotion and lip gloss on, and I'm sucking down my SleepyTime tea with Splenda.

Lynda

Besides my husband, sleepytime tea is my best friend, Its the only way I can really get in all of my fluids. Love it!

I think that's the problem I'm having with fluids right now.. Winter.

I am very regimented. I drink my 32 oz poweraid zero a day then fill it again with Water and flavoring drops... done deal 64 oz and any other liquids I get through the day just put me in a better spot.

Well, winter I'm FREEZING! I don't want to drink my cold drinks so my whole tightly wound regiment is screwed up..

I'm drinking mostly hot teas now, but the measuring is not the same and I know I'm not getting in as much as needed because I can only drink so much tea in a day.

I think my liquid intake always fell off in the cold months so it definitely a chore to keep it up now..

Ok everything you didn't need to know about my drinking habits :P

Ever since day 1 post-op I havent tolerated cold liquids well. Its a little better a year out now but warm liquids go down so much easier for me and Im able to take down a lot more than a cold drink and since Im always cold now, its perfect lol.

I drink from a 15 ounce mug so its easy for me to drink 5 mugs a day to get my 64+. Even when Im at hot yoga my Water is so luke warm in class that its perfect for me. Cold liquids make my tummy spasm a little.

I think that's the problem I'm having with fluids right now.. Winter.
I am very regimented. I drink my 32 oz poweraid zero a day then fill it again with Water and flavoring drops... done deal 64 oz and any other liquids I get through the day just put me in a better spot.
Well, winter I'm FREEZING! I don't want to drink my cold drinks so my whole tightly wound regiment is screwed up..
I'm drinking mostly hot teas now, but the measuring is not the same and I know I'm not getting in as much as needed because I can only drink so much tea in a day.
I think my liquid intake always fell off in the cold months so it definitely a chore to keep it up now..
Ok everything you didn't need to know about my drinking habits :P