Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My Line In The Sand

Besides my husband, sleepytime tea is my best friend, Its the only way I can really get in all of my fluids. Love it!

OML, (lord) :) my husbands drinks sleepy time all the time! He calls it his "calming" tea! LOL. thank god, he does. Ha!

And Lynda, yes, ALL liquids count! And the Dr said it could too

I think that's the problem I'm having with fluids right now.. Winter. I am very regimented. I drink my 32 oz poweraid zero a day then fill it again with Water and flavoring drops... done deal 64 oz and any other liquids I get through the day just put me in a better spot. Well, winter I'm FREEZING! I don't want to drink my cold drinks so my whole tightly wound regiment is screwed up.. I'm drinking mostly hot teas now, but the measuring is not the same and I know I'm not getting in as much as needed because I can only drink so much tea in a day. I think my liquid intake always fell off in the cold months so it definitely a chore to keep it up now.. Ok everything you didn't need to know about my drinking habits :P

bahahaha. Why no? We know EVERYTHING else! Ha!

I've decided I'm going to make an extra effort on at least one thing per day between now and Christmas. My version of the 12 days of Christmas. So today I'm going to monitor my Fluid intake and get in at least 64 ozs. No Snacks after dinner, but I may have a cocktail or two if we go out to eat. No added sugar other than the cocktail.

And at the end of the 12 days, I'm going to Celebrate with a sparkly, new piece of clothing to wear to parties.

Lynda

Love this Lynda. You are doing a great job by stopping this now before it gathers into a big ole ball. Good for you. I *wish* I had your resolve last year when I gained 8lbs between Oct-Jan 1st. I've drawn a line in the sand this year too. No more. I refuse to gain. Holding steady is fine by me but I will NOT go down the same old road and think to myself "it will come back off in Jan." no more delusions!!

You are doing awesome!!!

I'm the same way... I'm having to get my Water in by drinking hot things from tea to hot milk, hot crystal light. I am freezing all the time!!!

Oh well ... As long as we get it all in. My problem is I want to snack at night. Love carb yogurt and lots of nuts!!! Calories add up fast. I'm a salt eater.

I'm the same way... I'm having to get my Water in by drinking hot things from tea to hot milk, hot crystal light. I am freezing all the time!!! Oh well ... As long as we get it all in. My problem is I want to snack at night. Love carb yogurt and lots of nuts!!! Calories add up fast. I'm a salt eater.

I haven't "met" you but let me say, you are gorgeous! How far out are you?

I think that's the problem I'm having with fluids right now.. Winter. I am very regimented. I drink my 32 oz poweraid zero a day then fill it again with Water and flavoring drops... done deal 64 oz and any other liquids I get through the day just put me in a better spot. Well, winter I'm FREEZING! I don't want to drink my cold drinks so my whole tightly wound regiment is screwed up.. I'm drinking mostly hot teas now, but the measuring is not the same and I know I'm not getting in as much as needed because I can only drink so much tea in a day. I think my liquid intake always fell off in the cold months so it definitely a chore to keep it up now.. Ok everything you didn't need to know about my drinking habits :P

I drink almost all my fluids hot in the winter. Today, I've had 1 cup of coffee, 3 cups of hot Water, 1 cup room temp water, and 1 cup sugar free hot apple cider. I will have two more cups of something between now and bedtime. Probably another cup of hot water and either gingerbread tea or if I feel hungry, a hot cup of soy milk with nutmeg sprinkled on top.

Lynda

Love this Lynda. You are doing a great job by stopping this now before it gathers into a big ole ball. Good for you. I *wish* I had your resolve last year when I gained 8lbs between Oct-Jan 1st. I've drawn a line in the sand this year too. No more. I refuse to gain. Holding steady is fine by me but I will NOT go down the same old road and think to myself "it will come back off in Jan." no more delusions!! You are doing awesome!!!

thanks MG. I'm working it! Last year over the holidays I put on 5 lbs and it took awhile to come off. This year I changed my bounce range to just two lbs. I went over my bounce range right around thanksgiving and I put the brakes on when I started this post.

I've got to say, it's hard but it feels really good. Today I turned down a Sees sample candy. I'm saving my extra calories for family gatherings.

Lynda

WTG, Lynda! So much easier to put the breaks on after a few pounds!

WTG, Lynda! So much easier to put the breaks on after a few pounds!

Amen!

Lynda, I think you have the answer. Have a bounce range and weigh yourself daily to make sure we stay within range. If we see it creeping up then we have to get busy getting it back off quickly.

I think we must know what our trigger foods are and be cautious with them. We have all worked so hard to be successful and I for one will never go back to the old me.

Yeah, those are my main ways to stay on track, but it's really tough at more than 2.5 years out. Today, I am following my naturally thin grandson's lead. We made several kinds of Cookies and candy, but he hasn't eaten more than a bite or two. Not even a cookie. Just a tiny taste of each thing as we were making them. I can hear them calling my name, but I am telling them to SHUTUP! I'm gonna be at goal or a little under on Christmas. And I'm getting my body fat measured in a bod pod in January.

Lynda

Merry Christmas to me! 134 today and I am going to enjoy a little Sees candy tomorrow without any guilt! So grateful for the sleeve. Wishing everyone a happy and healthy 2014 at goal! I got my bod pod appt for January 9. Curious to see what my body fat is.

Lynda

Good for you Lynda! I have bounced around a li†tle this season, bu† today I am still in my bounce range. Only two more days of feasting, and I can ge† back down tø losing a few more for good measure. Staying within the bounce has been my goal this season... not losing, but staying where I am. Have a great day all.

Merry Christmas to me! 134 today and I am going to enjoy a little Sees candy tomorrow without any guilt! So grateful for the sleeve. Wishing everyone a happy and healthy 2014 at goal! I got my bod pod appt for January 9. Curious to see what my body fat is. Lynda

Yaayyyyy!!! You did it!

Thanks FYE and Georgia! I am happy that I made it. So easy to get in that " I deserve it" mode. Telling myself what I really deserve is to be happy and healthy helped a lot.

Lynda