Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone Else Have Trouble With Pre Op Diet?

Today is day two of my two week pre op diet. liquids only with one Protein Bar daily. I find myself not hungry cause I'm drinking so much but it doesn't help that my family orders pizza for lunch and is eating it right in front of me. So, I guess I'm trying my hardest but I ate some of the cheese and pepperoni topping. Anyone else have family not trying to sabotage but their eating habits are affecting yours? I need some help here. Maybe some word of encouragement or advise. I'm so lost. And this bouillon, crystal light, Nd Protein Shake only diet is already getting to me. FYI surgery is December 20th.

I totally understand you. I provide the food in my home but knowing they are able to eat something else does bother me. My surgery date is the 17 and I don't understand why a small salad would be a problem. I think one meal a day without the carbs should not hurt anything.

OMG I'm on day 9 of this and I so want something to eat, I went to Sam's to get some stuff and they were sampling cheese cake and chocolate cake, all I could think was really really is this a sign, but I was good I didn't have either and got me the heck out of there. This is hard but this too will pass. I keep telling myself you can do anything this is not forever some day you will eat chicken again,

That's what I was thinking. Maybe I need to start thinking of it like that. I'll have pizza agin someday. Not all of it but I'll have a taste.

I am on day 5 of liquids and my stomach is growling so loud it is hard to concentrate on anything. Every time my son comes in the kitchen to make himself a meal I scowl (jokingly) at him and say "are you eating again, while your poor old mother sits here and starves?" I'm not eating any pudding, Jello, or popsicles because I just don't like them. Just Protein shakes and broth.

I'm right there with everyone...started this full liquid diet last Sunday. I was doing much better during the work week. This weekend has been hard. I have tried to get down some yogurt but it is just nasty! I'm a super picky eater (I know, than why am I so fat!) so this diet has been super hard! Hang in there! We can do it! :)

I'm on day 6 right now of full liquids. It was the week from hell too. The company where I work is pretty small (11 employees), so when it's lunch time, most of the guys get take out. So I had to sit through smelling stuff like McDonalds, A&W, Subway, and to top it off Wednesday they had a lunch meeting and got Papa Johns pizza for the office. I started this diet and have been telling myself every day to stick it out so I can have the best possible outcome from my surgery. My wife has been very understanding, but my 2 year old daughter still tried to stick a piece of shortbread cookie in my mouth today because she doesn't understand why daddy can't eat. :( Tomorrow is Clear Liquids, surgery on Monday, and I'm hoping the hardest part is over doing this on a normal sized stomach.

Sounds like you are on the downhill side with surgery being Monday. I have another full week to go!

I am on day 4 and yeah, it sucks...I'm starving and have wicked headaches. But I'm finding creative ways to mix up my shakes and what green veggies I am allowed. I was at a Christmas craft bazaar all day where they were serving BBQ, caramel popcorn and huge very yummy looking cinnamon rolls. I just kept guzzling Water. And tomorrow I have to attend a friend's birthday party being held at a Thai restaurant. I plan on showing up late, after everyone's already ordered, and drink lots of water. Can't wait to get back to work on Monday where we are always too busy to even stop for lunch. My surgery is 12/20, too....so buck up! we can do this!

I'm in no way suggesting that you should do what I do. .I went 2 meals liquid and one small regular meal pre op. .Your gonna have liquid up to your eyes post op. .I'm 5 weeks post op and already tolerate regular food :)

I am 3 weeks post op. Busy yourself doing something when others are eating. But stay away from those foods and the temptation. This is surgery remember, and start of us getting control. It isnt easy but is so doable. My husband had the sleeve last Monday too, so I am still on the liquid diet with him eating cream Soups diluted, but mostly the same as my husband. December and November are happy eating times and next year it will be better for us!!!!! Happy Holidays everyone!