Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who Else Is Not Losing?

I'm really getting depressed and unmotivated. I'm a month out , down 18 lbs or 16 depending on the fickle scale. I stopped weighing myself so much because it's downright depressing. Even if I weigh once a week. Nothing is happening! I've bounced between 229 and 231 since week 2. I eat an averGe of 700 cal a day, mostly Protein. At this point, I wonder what was the point of this surgery? It doesn't even seem worth it. And maybe I go on losing 2 lbs a month or whatever. I have up Cookies and cupcakes for this? I've read all about the stalls but something's got to give here. Am I alone in thinking this way?

Your in a stall, that's all. A stall in weight loss can last several weeks. If you look at any of our losses it won't be an nice even losing streak for most of us. It comes in fits and waves for most. Make sure you are pushing the Water everyday because it really helps. This is a long process...patience is a must:)

Edited by laura-ven

Yes, boy is this frustrating! I am in a stall at around 320... bouncing around. All I can say is I intend to think and ponder and just keep pressing on. Just had an MD visit, and my BP, blood sugar, liver labs, lipid panel, kidneys are GREAT. So there are VERY positive changes in my body that I can't see. I figure that if I lose an OUNCE a week, well OK, what choices do I really have? I don't miss the Cookies,cakes and cupcakes all that much... The stomach won't grow back... Might as well keep "practicing my plan".

Just because your not losing on the scale doesn't mean your not losing inches. Measure yourself now so you can be reaffirmed during stalls that your still loosing inches. It makes a lot of difference if you do this so you can see progress during a stall.

Your body is healing. You are retaining Water, you have changed your diet drastically, and your glycogen stores are depleted and recharging. It's called the 3 week stall even though some of us have it at 2 or 4 weeks and a rare few of us don't have it. Don't change things. Just keep following your bariatric team's plan.

Was sleeve 10/16 and think I'm coming out of my SECOND stall already. Was stuck at 217 for almost two weeks about 5 weeks post op...got down to 210 and have hung around that for a week and am now finally dropped down to 209. From what I've read, when your body hits 10-15% losses, it plateaus...trying to hang onto your weight....because it thinks you're going to starve. It's frustrating but completely normal. As Laura said, keep an eye on your Water intake, change up your exercise and even change up your food. For me, it's hard to have a regular BM without a laxative still...and I ONLY weigh myself after a BM now. Sometimes it's 2-3 days. But something else I've tried is to get my Protein in EARLY in the day and then focus of veggies (aka fiber!) for my final meal or snack of the day. That seems to help my body get out of the plateau too.

I am glad I found this site. I am in my third week of weight loss, post surgery, and I have been stuck at 319, sometimes going back up to 320. I was feeling pissed off not knowing why this happened. Hearing all of these answers have helped. Thank you!!

I'm really getting depressed and unmotivated. I'm a month out , down 18 lbs or 16 depending on the fickle scale. I stopped weighing myself so much because it's downright depressing. Even if I weigh once a week. Nothing is happening! I've bounced between 229 and 231 since week 2. I eat an averGe of 700 cal a day, mostly Protein. At this point, I wonder what was the point of this surgery? It doesn't even seem worth it. And maybe I go on losing 2 lbs a month or whatever. I have up Cookies and cupcakes for this? I've read all about the stalls but something's got to give here. Am I alone in thinking this way?

Remember I was on a stall for 3 weeks out of 4. just broke my stall. IT WILL HAPPEN! I was down and disappointed through it. But the weight loss is going to happen again. Keep ur head up girl!

I was the same way. I called my dr and he said it is normal during this stage bc I'm on liquids and creamy therefore I'm eating lots of Soup with carbs. The carbs are staying with me bc I'm only taking in 300 cal a day. Well that's when I changed my eating to soft foods with Protein and the weight started coming off.

I'm at the "three week stall" it sucks. And I'm not sure what to eat to get out of it. I heard to eat more, but wow it's hard to eat what I am now lol. Hopefully it won't last long. I've lost 19lbs so far which I'm so thankful for but ready for the rest to come off!

down 27lbs- starting weight 262. sleeved sept 23rd. :wacko: