Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have done HORRIBLE this week...how can I go through Thanksgiving and do PERFECT but then fail like this! All week I have gave into tempation. I eat Beans, beef fajita meat, sour cream and pico de galo almost every night for dinner. Then for the last 2 days I have ate 2 bite size reeces. I have worked so hard and went through pain to start this journey and now just (pardon my french) screwed it all up...not anymore..starting RIGHT NOW I will stick to my diet and get this weight OFF OF ME....ok rant over...have a great day

It happens to everyone. Those dumb Peanut Butter cups!!!! ...they have gotten the best of me too. They are so darn good and addictive. I went to Target and bought some sugar free Peanut Butter cups that taste awful. Whenever I have a craving, I go for the sugar free, yuck. It gets me through it. Today is a new day!

eating 2 pieces of candy is not bad and certainly did not wreck your (diet).

you are not dieting...so what, hope it was good...your eating better foods far outweighs a slight (step back) and in my eyes, eating is not bad..

so do better now

cant take it back....

on ward dasher/prancer and vixon and newlife......

I have done HORRIBLE this week...how can I go through Thanksgiving and do PERFECT but then fail like this! All week I have gave into tempation. I eat Beans, beef fajita meat, sour cream and pico de galo almost every night for dinner. Then for the last 2 days I have ate 2 bite size reeces. I have worked so hard and went through pain to start this journey and now just (pardon my french) screwed it all up...not anymore..starting RIGHT NOW I will stick to my diet and get this weight OFF OF ME....ok rant over...have a great day

You ate a couple Peanut Butter cups and you think all hope is lost? Cheer up, butter cup! :)

This is a lifestyle change...not some weeklong/monthlong/yearlong diet. Skinny people eat Peanut Butter cups!

Look at your screen name..... and listen to what it says.... New life!

Hi New Life,

I can understand how you feel. I am 62 yrs old and struggled w/food all my life until it became an obsessive/compulsive thing and I ate my way to 285lbs (I am 5'4" tall). I got banded on Nov 13th.I am about 2 wks away from getting my first fill.As of today, I have lost 32 lbs and I feel so good. Once in awhile I eat something I shouldn't but I won't waste another minute of my life beating myself up over it. I did this to have a better quality of life. I have wasted so much of my life already struggling with this and hating myself.I am taking it one day at a time. On Thanksgiving day I nibbled on some fried turkey skin, ate a little ham, dressing and sweet potato casserole. Later in the day I had a sliver of 2 pies. Had a small Breakfast and for dinner ate some ham,I think. I enjoyed what I ate and felt very good about not being stuffed to the point of feeling ill like so many times before. Enjoyed being with family, it was a good day. Diet-wise, maybe not perfect but good just the same. It took many yrs for me to get this way and will take time to overcome. I know that getting my stomach banded did not fix my brain so I have to learn to rethink life and coping with it w/out the crutch of compulsive overeating. You can do what you set out to do. Just starting this journey shows that you care about yourself. Sometimes we have to learn how to love ourself and be nice to ourself. We all deserve to take care of us. You have a good day and keep moving forward.Don't look back.....Hugs,Rosemary

Everyone is right. Don't sweat the small stuff. Stand up, brush yourself off, and start over. You can do it. We've been there, and we move on. You're ok. :)

I have been horrible the last 2 days also. I have juggled 2 pounds back and forth for the last month. My last check at the dr. I gained a pound. I was so ashamed. Now I set to go back on monday and I havent lost anymore. I am 3 months post op and have lost 35. Most of it from postop diet. I need some help. Any suggestions.

I have been horrible the last 2 days also. I have juggled 2 pounds back and forth for the last month. My last check at the dr. I gained a pound. I was so ashamed. Now I set to go back on monday and I havent lost anymore. I am 3 months post op and have lost 35. Most of it from postop diet. I need some help. Any suggestions.

Do u keep a food journal? My surgeon told me to keep one so in case there are any issues we can go over together. I keep my on fitness pal. When was your last fill? Are u exercising? Drinking your Water. I would definitely talk to your Dr. That's what they are there for. Good luck and keep us posted. 35 lbs!! That's awesome! Hang in there.:)

food journals help. Don't beat yourself up over a slip. I have almost 10 months into this and 85 pounds given away. Still eat a little too much now and again. As Scarlett O'Hara said, "Tomorrow is a new day!" May have misquoted that haven't seen the movie in years. Don't give up, talk to your dietitian and work the program.

I have been doing the same thing so I bought a jump rope and have been trying to work up to my goal of 10 minutes of continuous jumping. (i'm at almost a minute now) I also have found that if I have a yogurt smoothie in the morning it helps me all day. I use a cup of greek yogurt(plain), a couple small bananas and about 5 strawberries or some PB2 and I have been adding some of my chocolate Protein mix in also. Blend and then I add 1% milk until it is as thin as I want it. Use any fruit you like. Drink it slowly. I am full for about 4 hours and most of my cravings for chocolate or junk are gone.

I am post op 5 weeks, i understand completely how you feel. I get so mad at my self for bad habits coming back. I have read the responses from the others and find them helpful. I get mad and move on. It is a battle I am going to win and you can too. Keep your chin up!

2 Peanut Butter cups is amazing. Imagine how much you might have eaten pre band. My surgeon is also banded, and he's really emphasized that this is not a diet, but a new small portion way of life. This idea works for me. No good and bad foods but new focus on Portion Control. Good luck to you my friend.