Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 2014 Sleevers Come In!

Surgery in the morning!! Question is everyone on clear liquids the day before or just certain doctors require that?

Mine is 3 days before. Day 1 today. Ugh. Not handling it well. One day would be so much easier. How are you feeling? Nervous? Ready?

I'm nervous excited ready!! Been on liquids for 2 weeks and been hearing certain people talk about clear liquids the day before surgery and didn't remember what my doc said.

Surgery in the morning!! Question is everyone on clear liquids the day before or just certain doctors require that?

I'm on clear liquids day before only, good luck tomorrow, my turn is Wednesday!!

I have been given a date of January 27th, at St. Peter's Hospital in NJ. I requested this hospital since myself and my family are very comfortable there. This is whet all my kids were born, and my wife and I have had stays there. It made perfect sense to have this journey start here as well...I wish the very best to you all!!!

I'm still stuck at the Houston airport. I'm on the standby list at number 5 right now. I sure hope I make it on this plane that's about to leave. I spoke with Janese with a lighter me and she stated that all 3 clients that were scheduled to come in today are late due to plane delays.

Oh no! Hopefully they will be accommodating!

They are so not helpful at all. I feel as if I should not be on the standby list. The only reason I am not in TJ now is because one of there flight attendants did not show and causes us a 3 hour delay.

I made it on the plane. TJ here I come

I'm still stuck at the Houston airport. I'm on the standby list at number 5 right now. I sure hope I make it on this plane that's about to leave. I spoke with Janese with a lighter me and she stated that all 3 clients that were scheduled to come in today are late due to plane delays.

Oh no! Hopefully they will be accommodating!

They are so not helpful at all. I feel as if I should not be on the standby list. The only reason I am not in TJ now is because one of there flight attendants did not show and causes us a 3 hour delay.

I finally made it to San Diego at 7:50Pm now I'm waiting on my driver. I thought he would have been here giving the fact I called them and informed them of what time I was landing over 4 hours ago.

I am scheduled for my VSG on January 20th too!! So excited! Good luck everyone!

Hi January sleevers, two things I recommend to you is take measurements before your surgery so you have a benchmark of where you started. These can be so helpful down the road when the scale isn't moving but you're losing inches so progress is still occurring. If you have already had surgery, it's still not too late. Take them when you're feeling up to it.

My other recommendation is take pictures of yourself also, a front shot and side shot. I know I hated looking at these pictures, but when I look at how I look now, it is amazing to see the difference.

Good luck to all of you with your upcoming surgeries. To those traveling in snow and ice, safe travels to the hospital and upon returning home.

Edited by ribearty

I made it. I am beyond tired.

my date got changed to the following monday due to martin luther king's bday! but its fine! I got approved already by the insurance. quick approval! so happy!