Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone in Eastern PA?

You asked where everyone was at? I had a band for 3 years and lost about 115 lbs and reached my goal. All was great then suddenly and without warning I began to lose more weight. i am 5'3" and I was down to 119 lbs. I started to lose my hair and was weak. I could not longer get down any solids or liquids. It happened over the course of about 3 weeks (I lost 25 lbs in 3 weeks). My band was removed. I am looking to place an new band in possibly feb or march of 2008. Incidentally after my band was removed I gained back 90+ lbs and I am now 211. Fighting it tooth and nail but told by most that due to underlying medical issues there is not much I am going to be able to do to keep the weight off. "Just try to stay under 250" is what I was told. what?

Hey there! I just got banded this past Monday (6/25) and I live in Northampton County, PA. Good luck in your decision-making!

I also live in Northampton County.

I am in the process of choosing a surgeon.

If you do not mind me asking, who did you choose?

I also live in Northampton County.

I am in the process of choosing a surgeon.

If you do not mind me asking, who did you choose?

Hey all!

I am not from Pgh, my hubby is from South Hills, I lived there for about three years. Just wanted to say hi and wish you all a well journey! We moved and now live in Colorado!!

Hey all!

I am not from Pgh, my hubby is from South Hills, I lived there for about three years. Just wanted to say hi and wish you all a well journey! We moved and now live in Colorado!!

Hi,

Can I pick your brain about Colorado if you do not mind?

I am scheduled for Surgery with Dr K in Denver.

Is the airport far from the office?

Is Aurora a large or small town, (If I pick a hotel in that town will it be close to the surgery center or is it a large town and I need to go by zip code)

My husband and I are coming in two days early.

In October, what would you recommend for sight seeing?

Hi, I live in Stroudsburg, PA area - I will go to my first seminar July 10 at Lehigh Valley Hospital. I registered for the one in March but never went. Now I am sorry I didn't. Anyone else get banded at Lehigh Valley Hospital?

hey poconomom! i'm from stroudsburg too. i just finished the 6 month program at lehigh and i'm getting banded in august by dr. harrison. did you go to the free seminar? you can always just reregister and start over if it's something you still want to do. i had a great experience with the program. everyone is really nice and they're all there to help you get ready for surgery. if you have any questions about the whole thing just send me a message or e-mail me or something. :wink2:

I am currently living in Tamaqua, close to Hazleton and Allentown! Give me a shout out about what doctors you are all using!!

Suzanne

I'm from Dalton and just started the process with Dr. Bono in Hazelton.

The seminar is July 28 in Hazelton.

He was highly recommended by several professionals in my ever-widening circle of doctors, therapists, nutritionists, etc. :unsure:

Hi, I was wondering how your process is going? I had the upper endoscopy done today and the cardiologist and pulmonologist this comnig week. I pretty much have all the appts. done except doppler studies at Bono's office. The dietician I have to see again in September, she didn't really put me on any specific diet for the next 5 months??? Let me know your progress, I really like Jane and Dr. Bono too.

Hi Suezip (and all)

I had all but given up yesterday - but Jane called me shortly before 5:00 pm Friday and we set a consult appointment for September 4. :lol:

I already have a psych appt. set up for Sept 11 - so that will cross that milestone off the long list. :cool2:

I had a sleep study earlier this year (I DO have apnea but I didn't schedule a 2nd study for the "CRAP" mask because the sleep clinic was NOT a good experience.

Room too warm, no windows, men talking in the control room right outside my door.

And I think my technician had alcohol on his breath.

There were 3 other patients -men and the 2 male techs.

I didn't feel threatened - but it certainly didn't help my sleep.

I'm a tosser and turner.

They said DON't.

If I wanted to get up and pee - the guy would have to come in and disconnect me and then re-connect me.

I don't often get up in the middle of the night - but this possibility was dancing in my mind with all the other stuff.

How do they get a clear picture of a normal sleep cycle with all the "stuff"?

It certainly doesn't represent a true sleep event! :wink2:

GP is next week - that's something I dread because Dr. Macho was against this type of thing 2 years ago when I asked about it (he almost laughed at me)

But now with the Diabetes II getting worse - I won't take no for an answer. (I'm finally working on getting tough about taking care of myself :tt2:

What is the Doppler study??

And - where does the endoscopy request come from?

Dr. Bono? GP?

Hi plnjc, I am from Altoona and going to Magee in Pittsburgh for the seminar on the 13th of this month. I have to go there because my insurance requires a COE. From what I hear Dr. Newlin is very good and I wish I could have it done here at Altoona. Also because so many have said when they get their fills sometimes it is too much and they have to go back in a day or so and have some taken out. The trip to Pittsburgh is over a hr and I don't look forward to that part of it. I am a little scared and nervous because I read some of the posts from people that had complications. I hope I feel more positive after I attend the seminar and have a lot of questions answered. Good luck to you with Dr. Newlin.....Young At Heart