Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone! My name is Amanda. I'm so happy to have found a place to talk with other people. I had gastric bypass on November 12th. This past Friday I had my 2 week post-op visit, since October 24th, I've lost 34lbs. I also started the puréed stage of my diet on Friday. I have good days & bad days(mostly good). On the occasional bad day, I feel like this process isn't going to be successful. Sometimes I can't see the finish line(not that there is a finish, I know it's life long). But most days, I am excited for the future. I have a five year old son & a husband that give me motivation. I'm curious to meet others & see their journey!

Congratulations on the start of your new journey! Your weight loss is amazing! I have more good days than bad and so excited to be off all my meds!

Good luck to you.. I am just 6 days behind you! Hope to go to the mushy foods in a week! Off most my meds and cut insulin levels waaaaayyyyy down! Lost 23# and each day is a bit better than the day before... I will try to follow your journey... Best wishes! Great weight loss

I'm 5 days post op Amanda , and I'm fining it so so hard to get my Protein in :angry:​ . Its so rough my nutritionist actually told me i could try farina today since I've been living off sf Jello and Popsicle's and of course broth (EWW) -_- ... I feel you on your comment I feel the same way and I know I made the right choice I just feel like I cant see the future yet and its scary ...but we are all here for each other and that's a blessing :D

I'm 5 days post op Amanda , and I'm fining it so so hard to get my Protein in :angry:​ . Its so rough my nutritionist actually told me i could try farina today since I've been living off sf Jello and Popsicle's and of course broth (EWW) -_- ... I feel you on your comment I feel the same way and I know I made the right choice I just feel like I cant see the future yet and its scary ...but we are all here for each other and that's a blessing :D

What are you using for Protein? At 5 days out my day was sip Water and sip protein even though I didnt want it lol I found sugar free swiss miss with unflavored protein got me thru most days...it gets better Im 5 weeks out and still have trouble with Water

You guys are amazing! Thank you for the responses. At first I had a hard time with Protein too. It's hard to keeping sipping on something when you're not hungry. But it is getting better! Today I've been pretty nauseous. Hopefully, tomorrow will be better!

Congrats and welcome! I'm 3 weeks out and the only way I can get the premiere Protein down is to freeze it into a slushy. Goes down tons better and actually pretty fast.

WOW! 34 lbs - that is wonderful! Congrats!

Hi everyone! My name is Amanda. I'm so happy to have found a place to talk with other people. I had gastric bypass on November 12th. This past Friday I had my 2 week post-op visit, since October 24th, I've lost 34lbs. I also started the puréed stage of my diet on Friday. I have good days & bad days(mostly good). On the occasional bad day, I feel like this process isn't going to be successful. Sometimes I can't see the finish line(not that there is a finish, I know it's life long). But most days, I am excited for the future. I have a five year old son & a husband that give me motivation. I'm curious to meet others & see their journey!

Hi everyone,

I think it's interesting that so many people have trouble with the Protein shakes. I like Myoplex low carb Protein Shakes. They have about 20g Protein, 0 sugar and I think 5 carbs. No problem getting them down; if I wasn't eating the Doritos and Cookies along with them because I am hungry all the time I probably wouldn't need the surgery. Are there special shakes that people have to drink after surgery?

Thanks

Chrystine

Hi everyone,

I think it's interesting that so many people have trouble with the Protein shakes. I like Myoplex low carb Protein Shakes. They have about 20g Protein, 0 sugar and I think 5 carbs. No problem getting them down; if I wasn't eating the Doritos and Cookies along with them because I am hungry all the time I probably wouldn't need the surgery. Are there special shakes that people have to drink after surgery?

Thanks

Chrystine

I use a variety of low sugar/carb Premier Protein being mine and most go to shake, has 30 gram of protein and taste pretty good. I never had a problem getting shakes down and Im 5 weeks out I still dont, I do 2 or 3 a day now. However some days ya just get tired of them considering I have been on liquids for 7 weeks now but I know I need the protein!

Good luck to you on your journey

Have your guys tried adding PB2 powder to your shakes? (GNC or Krogers) Diet Swiss miss powder? I switched to Metobolic Nutrition ProtiZyme mix.. Great flavors and the enzymes make it so much more digestible. Can Purchase on www.MyBariatricPantry.com website as sample packs for $13.00 ( instead of buying a large tub and finding you don't like it). My fav: Peanut Butter cookie.. Not so sweet either like the nectar drinks.. Mix mine with unsweetened Almond milk...

Its normal to have some bad days. Wondering if you are going to succeed or not. Also buyers remorse about the surgery is typical. But give it time. Once you get a few months out and can exercise and eat, life will get better. I'm a year out this month and have list 130 pounds. The incentive is buying new clothes and having confidence. I am amazed how happy I am and how great I feel. Lean on people for support. Its important. Hang in there and know that it will all get easier.