Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Fitness Challenge

Has the January challenge been started yet?

Since it isn't January, I'm going to say no.

In the past months, the next month's thread is set up prior to the current month's end.

Has the January challenge been started yet?

Butter will likely start it in a day or so.

Well I met my walking goals, I only had one flare up, but I'm not happy with myself. I didn't finish the plank challenge nor the crunch challenge and overall I don't feel like I was as active as I should have been. I move more during the day than I used to, but I don't feel like it's enough. Don't know why I can't get motivated to do this more. Mad at myself. Ugh.

I hit my goal today - 54 miles. I did 4.3 miles today - elliptical and treadmill combined. I'm not stopping here - I have two more days to blow that goal out of the water!!! :D

Butter will likely start it in a day or so. Well I met my walking goals, I only had one flare up, but I'm not happy with myself. I didn't finish the plank challenge nor the crunch challenge and overall I don't feel like I was as active as I should have been. I move more during the day than I used to, but I don't feel like it's enough. Don't know why I can't get motivated to do this more. Mad at myself. Ugh.

One day at a time. One day will lead to two days. Two days will lead to three days in a row and so on. You can do it!

One day at a time. One day will lead to two days. Two days will lead to three days in a row and so on. You can do it!

Thank you for being so nice about it. I feel like I need to be beaten over the head with my failure :)

Btw do tell your wife they we love the cordon bleu casserole she posted.

Thank you for being so nice about it. I feel like I need to be beaten over the head with my failure :) Btw do tell your wife they we love the cordon bleu casserole she posted.

I just told her and she is tickled with joy to hear it. :)

I'm so far off my exercise...I know how you feel GG. For some reason it's harder to start over than to start the first time. I miss the feeling it gives me when I am exercising, but apparently not enough...urgh

Day 19 Insanity: I missed 2 days for reasons beyond my control, today was the first time back to Insanity in three days. Today was a fit test; I improved quite a bit on core stuff, stayed the same on quad work and - WTF- got WORSE on upper body work. ??!!!!

10 mile trail run today pushed me to 105.7 miles running....and tomorrow I anticipate going over 10,000 meters swimming for the month.

This was a tough month for the fitness challenge. Hopefully next month we'll see some renewed commitment thanks to the new year. Does anyone new want to start the January challenge? If not I'll do it. But if any new blood wants to I'm happy for it.

How do you measure body fat?

I use biometric impedence.

As far as this months' challenge goes...well...it went. LOL Too many challenges and illness to accomplish much, but I am all revved up for January, so I'm not going to beat myself up about it too much.

Is it simply a new thread and we set our own goals like December?

Edited by TexasFire

Is it simply a new thread and we set our own goals like December?

Absolutely. Check out the first post in this thread. It seems to have mostly worked. Do you wanna start this next one? Just a brief explanation of how it works and we'll start a new year off right. Feel free to vary it up if you think of something that might help some new folks.

Absolutely. Check out the first post in this thread. It seems to have mostly worked. Do you wanna start this next one? Just a brief explanation of how it works and we'll start a new year off right. Feel free to vary it up if you think of something that might help some new folks.

No, thank you! LOL You "da man" and folks look for you to do this it seems, sir! :)

Before we start January, I have a question, however. As you know, I aspire to be a runner. So would "STICK TO C25K LIKE GLUE" be in the right vein? It's measurable by the phone app, sooooooo.....maybe?