Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thanksgiving Resolution Or "pre New Years Resolution"

Happy Thanksgiving everybody. I've noticed that every year I make a new years resolution that I don't keep, but I give myself a whole year to do it and then by February I don't even remember making one or what it was. This year I've decided to do it differently. I'm making mine on Thanksgiving. The best part of this is we have slightly over a month to achieve it and we should be able to do that standing on our heads. The 2nd best part is it will get us through the holidays. Join me here. Make them things that are realistic and rewarding. I'll start:

1. I'm going to make sure I drink 80 oz of Water per day. This will be in addition to any tea, coffee, crystal lite, milk or other beverages I may have.

2. I'm going to stay off of the scales except on my drs visit and on New Years day. This way the scales won't guide whether I decide to be compliant or noncompliant with my diet. I have found this has become problem with me. This will be my hardest one.

3. I'm going to log my calorie intake every day even when it hurts.

4. I'm going to do 90 plus grams Protein per day. I've already asked my Doctor and he says "good idea"

5. I'm going to go the gym 5 days per week and do both cardio and strength with each visit. I'll spend 1 hour minimum there.

6. I'm going to be just overweight and not obese by standard bmi table.

7. I will not regret my actions on the holidays infact, I'll keep healthy Snacks handy to ward off the evil or less healthy ones.

8. I'm going to be satisfied with the results whatever the scales say because I will know that my body has benefited from it in many ways even if the scales don't verify it.

I just have to go back to basics and remove all white foods from my grocery list and cupboards.

my only (resolution) is to keep doing what i have been doing the last 17 months..eating good foods and exercising and believing in my band/plication and me

Great post, Sandy! Love the idea of being resolute now, at the beginning of winter and the holiday season. I'm going to come up with my own little list -- yours is very inspiring. Up with the Protein and hydration, down with obsessing over the scale.

i like this too! going to do it. i won't have to change to many things but i do want to concentrate on the amount of food. i want to concentrate on stopping before feeling full and to keep to the 1/2 cup to cup of food in 3 feedings. i also want to work on having my dinner as the last thing i put in my mouth. i don't need Snacks because i am not hungry but always stray to the kitchen to have a snack. the other night my husband yelled from the other room, "are you asleep" thinking i was sleep walking in the kitchen. geez. i need to stop night time eating.

I just need to start exercising!! I hardly exercise at all right now. I've started the couch to 5K about 5 times in the last 6 months, and never make it past week 2. My goal is to find some sort of exercise I really enjoy, and stick to some kind of regular routine.

I'm not fond of evercise either but feel such satisfaction afterwards.

Great post Sandy! And I agree...I am not fond of exercise either but do indeed feel great once it is done; both mentally and physically! I once read re: excercise...if you had cancer you would make time to go for treatments...think of excerise the same way...it is necesary to regain good health!