Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any February 2014 Sleevers?

Hey everyone. I'm on day twelve & down 22.7 lbs. could feel the weight loss more than I could see it but I'm starting to see it more in my face. Super excited. Had some rough days. I've cried for no reason but it surely helps. Get to start soft foods this Wednesday. So I'm looking forward to that. Had some mild nauseousness today but other than that doing well. If I walk too much I feel lousy. Also got some unflavored Protein Powder today to help get it in. It has 24g per scoop. We will see how that goes. Sounds like everyone is doing well for the most part. Keep up all the good work!

Edited by cwang2680

Hi everybody! It's so great to hear how everyone is doing! I am feeling great! Tomorrow I will be 2 weeks post op. I've lost 15 lbs since surgery and 40 lbs from my highest weight! Only 100lbs until my goal weight! I have my first post op visit with my surgeon today. Hopefully I can transition to soft & puréed foods today. I'll update again after my appt! I hope everyone has a great day!

Hi All, I am 73 years old and I went to Tijuana Mexico to the Obesiity Control Center and Dr Ariel Ortiz who is one of top Bariatric surgeons in the country. He has been on Oprah, The Doctors, Nightline, Dateline and other TV programs.He was recommended by a friend and I did a lot of research on the Dr and the OCC. My surgery was 2/26 and I have done really well. I had the Gastric Sleeve. I did not have to jump through any hoops to do it as I paid for it on my own. I did fill out a Health Survey and had blood tests, and EKG and saw the nutritionist. The surgery fee includes a 4 night stay at the Marriott Hotel in Tijuana which was very nice. A van picked us up in San Diego and drove us to the Hotel. The hospital was very nice and staff was wonderful. One night in Hotel before the surgery, one night in hospital, then back to Hotel. The hotel provided us with chicken broth twice and day, popsicles and Jello free of chare ( included in surgery fee). The were very accommodating. I ehad minimal pain, no problems with gas or nausea and am feeling great now. I lost 12 pounds on the 15 day Pre-Op diet, was up 6 after the surgery, then have now lost a total of 19 since starting the Pre-Op diet.

How are you guys doing with your weight-loss weekly? On average how many pounds would you say you lose a week?

The first three weeks I was basically losing a pound a day. After my third week I stopped weighing as often (that was just Thursday). On my 3 weeks I was down 23 pounds.

I am 3 weeks post op tomorrow. I am down a total of 49 lbs since starting this journey. 31 lbs of it since starting the pre op diet on 2-4-14. But since surgery I've lost 18 lbs

I'm having trouble figuring out what to bring for lunch... I'll be done with the purée stage on Wednesday so what can I eat now?? Regular food? Like chicken and salads and vegetables and such?

I'm having trouble figuring out what to bring for lunch... I'll be done with the purée stage on Wednesday so what can I eat now?? Regular food? Like chicken and salads and vegetables and such?

I start puréed tomorrow and I'm trying to figure out what to eat throughout the day

Question: I feel Fluid in my esophagus. No pain or heartburn. Just feels like there is something in the back off my throat all time. Is this just too full? Any ideas?

I will be three weeks post op tomorrow. I have lost a total of 20lbs. I haven't weighted myself since Saturday. As of right now I don't see the different but my friends say that can see it in my upper body. I did stall for three day around the second week. I was so sad. I decide to to only weight myself on Tuesday and Sunday.

Question: I feel Fluid in my esophagus. No pain or heartburn. Just feels like there is something in the back off my throat all time. Is this just too full? Any ideas?

Does it feel like your over salivating? That happens to me when I eat too much and too fast. If that's the feeling you're having you might want to try eating a little slower and see if that helps.

I start puréed tomorrow and I'm trying to figure out what to eat throughout the day

My Dr. Said no lettuce right now, but every doctor is different. When I started soft foods my doctor said anything soft and make sure I chew really well. I have gotten used to lunch meat (Turkey or chicken) just rolled up. Sometimes I get a slice of cheese (low fat mozerella) and warm both in the microwave and wrap them together. It tastes so good. sugar free Jello, Apple slices (no skin), and lots of different Soups. I bring a soft cooler to work and store it in the fridge so I have lots of options and don't get bored (and nobody steals my lunch).

Does it feel like your over salivating? That happens to me when I eat too much and too fast. If that's the feeling you're having you might want to try eating a little slower and see if that helps.

Sorry to say when I burp it feels like it is coming back up. I think it was too much too fast. What do you think?

Sorry to say when I burp it feels like it is coming back up. I think it was too much too fast. What do you think?

That happened to me a lot. Especially when I have cold fluids like the Protein Shakes. I figured out the best way to avoid that is to have warm liquids before drinking Protein shakes. It seems that the thicker the liquid the more it wants to come up, no matter how slowly I swallowed. And usually it's a gas bubble trying to come up, and it can be very painful. Just please be careful, and when ever possible, drink warm liquids or watered down fluids. I know not everything tastes good warm or thinner, but I find for myself it goes down a lot easier.

Ya, sounds like too much too fast. That happens to me. When I am starving and dive right in, if I don't chew it enough, and eat it too quickly my food is going to make an appearance soon. Once I start feeling the fluids in my throat, I run for the bathroom. It doesn't matter how much I try to keep swallowing to keep it down (at least for me). I also found out that if I drink too soon after eating (I have to wait at least 30 minutes) I will throw up. Most of it is just the liquids though (doesn't make it any easier). This has been a crazy journey. Trying to figure out what works for me and what doesn't. It's like a puzzle... :wacko: .