Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2014 Mexico Sleevers!

I was sleeved 2/26 by Dr Garcia Fernando, I went alone through R4Achange. They exceeded all my expectations!!!! From the airport, hotel to Florence Hospital everything was so well organized. All his team spoke great english and the care I received was so much better than anything here in the states. Let me not forget Samuel the driver, Eduardo hospital coordinator and Irene onsite coordinator(so sweet). I never felt alone in TJ. I will recommend Dr Garcia to anyone planning this trip.

One week out today! Nausea is killing me so I can't get a lot in, even liquid...any advise??

Hi all, I had my VGS on February 26th with Dr. Ariel Ortiz at the OCC. I was pleasantly surprised and pleased with how nice everyone was and Tijuana was not like I expected at all. Most of my friends and relatives were really not in fvor of me doing this and especially in Mexico but it was a very good experience and the daughter that went with me changed her mind about being against it when she saw how well everything went.

I am a little discouraged this morning as I have stayed at the same weight the last three days. I lost 12 pounds on the pre_op diet then went up 6 and as of this morning I am only down 5 pounds from my surgery day.

My surgery went very well and I had minimal pain and no problems with gas or nausea. I started passing gas on the second day. I am on the Full liquid phase now but still doing mainly, Jello, broth and the three Protein Shakes a day, One interesting thing is I cannot stand the Zero Calorie Vitamin Water as it is too sweet!!! I am not hungry and have no cravings for anything and it doesn't bother me to see people eating the things I used to love.

I was sleeved 2/26 by Dr Garcia Fernando, I went alone through R4Achange. They exceeded all my expectations!!!! From the airport, hotel to florence hospital everything was so well organized. All his team spoke great english and the care I received was so much better than anything here in the states. Let me not forget Samuel the driver, Eduardo hospital coordinator and Irene onsite coordinator(so sweet). I never felt alone in TJ. I will recommend Dr Garcia to anyone planning this trip. One week out today! Nausea is killing me so I can't get a lot in, even liquid...any advise??

Had the same issue with tolerating fluids for the first 6 days. I figured out it's because my new sleeve is probably swollen and inflamed which made swallowing the liquid even Gatorade sometimes painful. It gets better i'm 10 days post op, and I barely feel the cramps as much as I used to. Just hang in there and take your time. Also, if you can, drink your fluids warm. I found that to be so helpful and a lot less painful.

Im being sleeved on same day in Mexico at same hospital but with Dr. Cabera Feb 20th

How was your experience with Dr. Cabrera???

Thank you Moite1. Tomorrow will be 2 weeks out for me. I am still taking baby steps with food/liquids. Protein used to gag me but I was able to keep about 3oz down this am. I feel weak and dizzy most of the time. My twin had the sleeve here on February 12, tomorrow is 4 weeks out for her and she is doing GREAT! So there is hope

Thank you Moite1. Tomorrow will be 2 weeks out for me. I am still taking baby steps with food/liquids. Protein used to gag me but I was able to keep about 3oz down this am. I feel weak and dizzy most of the time. My twin had the sleeve here on February 12, tomorrow is 4 weeks out for her and she is doing GREAT! So there is hope

so happy to hear that you are doing better with the protein! you know, that's essential to not feeling me I'm getting worn out so quickly. well, effective hydration counts a lot there too. Congratulations to your twin also. I'm glad both of you guys are doing well. And eventually you'll catch up :-)

so happy to hear that you are doing better with the protein! you know, that's essential to not feeling me I'm getting worn out so quickly. well, effective hydration counts a lot there too. Congratulations to your twin also. I'm glad both of you guys are doing well. And eventually you'll catch up :-)
When was your surgery? How much have you lost?

When was your surgery? How much have you lost?

My surgery was on February 28. And as of today, I am down a total of 25 pounds. What about you?

Edited by moite1

Lost 15 pounds since 2/26 day of surgery, I was not required to do the preop diet cause of low bmi

Edited by Nadine13

I sleeved on 2/27/14 with Dr. jaime Ponce de leon.< /p>

I feel amazing and so happy to not struggle with hunger. I am at the puree stage. I'm eating homemake lentil Soups (very high in protein), hummus, etc. It helps that I love Beans. I'm focusing on making sure I consume enough Protein. In addition to lentils and Beans, I have two Protein drinks per day. I use powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury unflavored Protein powder with Fage not fat yogurt and Almond milk for my Protein Drink. I also juice, so I'm getting my liquid Vitamins, plus my multi-Vitamin. I'm not having any problems with food - other than making sure I'm eating because I have no hunger (yeah!).

Lucky you! I have been struggling with food/ liquid.. Even the Protein I cannot tolerate. Well maybe after I pass the 2 weeks mark tomorrow things will get better..

Edited by Nadine13

I feel amazing and so happy to not struggle with hunger. I am at the puree stage. I'm eating homemake lentil Soups (very high in protein), hummus, etc. It helps that I love Beans. I'm focusing on making sure I consume enough Protein. In addition to lentils and beans, I have two Protein Drinks per day. I use Unjury unflavored Protein Powder with Fage not fat yogurt and Almond milk for my Protein Drink. I also juice, so I'm getting my liquid vitamins, plus my Multi-Vitamin. I'm not having any problems with food - other than making sure I'm eating because I have no hunger (yeah!).

How do you make the lentil soups?

Has anyone notice how essential the lack of having a Dr. follow-up has been? During my three months since surgery, they have been times when I've had issues like extremely low blood pressure which I'm guessing comes from dehydration, painful digestion, I can't even eat half of the food I'm supposed to be able to eat at this point and a bunch of other issues. Don't get me wrong I am still super happy with my sleeve and my surgery in Mexico, but I wish there was more follow-up support state side.