Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 2014 Sleevers

I had my sleeve Jan 7th. I walked and walked and was fine. A week later till today my shoulder pain is so bad I can't sleep. I have tried gas x strips, pain killers, exercise my arms. Nothing is helping. I am desperate for answers and Dr is no help

Hi everyone! I am having surgery on the 29th in California! I'm nervous and excited! Any tips for a Mom of 3... :)

Hi everyone! I am having surgery on the 29th in California! I'm nervous and excited! Any tips for a Mom of 3... :)

Don't have any great advise but I know how you feel. My surgery is the 29th also her in Oklahoma. Both excited but also nervous like crazy. Are you on the liquid diet yet? I start it tomorrow. That makes me nervous too. Well good luck to both of us. I know we will do great. I admire you for taking this on with three children. I hope you have a great support system. I have three dogs and a wonderfully supportive husband.

Hi, congrats on your upcoming surgery. I had mine done on the 8th and the best thing I can tell you to do while you are in the hospital and recovering at home is WALK! As much as possible, it will help tremendously and get you back on your feet faster. I have a 22 month old and it's hard not being able to pick her up still but before surgery I made make shift areas for places where I could change her or dress her and you come up with some real ingenuity when trying to figure out how to get them in the chair or the car seat. Not sure the ages of your children but if they are young, setting up everything beforehand is a huge help. Good luck on the 29th, you will do great!!!

Don't have any great advise but I know how you feel. My surgery is the 29th also her in Oklahoma. Both excited but also nervous like crazy. Are you on the liquid diet yet? I start it tomorrow. That makes me nervous too. Well good luck to both of us. I know we will do great. I admire you for taking this on with three children. I hope you have a great support system. I have three dogs and a wonderfully supportive husband.

My doctor does not require a liquid diet but I do have to be at pre OP weight and not gain :) best of luck to you! Keep in touch :)

Hi, congrats on your upcoming surgery. I had mine done on the 8th and the best thing I can tell you to do while you are in the hospital and recovering at home is WALK! As much as possible, it will help tremendously and get you back on your feet faster. I have a 22 month old and it's hard not being able to pick her up still but before surgery I made make shift areas for places where I could change her or dress her and you come up with some real ingenuity when trying to figure out how to get them in the chair or the car seat. Not sure the ages of your children but if they are young, setting up everything beforehand is a huge help. Good luck on the 29th, you will do great!!!

Thank you! My kids are 10, 5, and 11months, all boys. My ten year old has been practicing putting baby in the carseat and carrying him up the stairs for me. He is pretty good since he practiced a lot in October when I twisted my ankle real bad. I was in a boot for a month! Thanks for the tips :) how are you doing? How long after were you doing dishes and chores?

I have surgery on Monday the 27th and I have a 10 month old as well. How many days did it take for you to heal enough to pick your little one up safely? Very curious. Thx. :)

Surgery on Monday and I am feeling so much anxiety about making sure everything is taken care of for my little ones. I don't think I can let go and trust all will be fine until I walk through the doors of the hospital and take care of ME! Lol. Wow! I can't believe I just said take care of ME. Lol. I am excited and nervous !!!!! :)

You all going to do excellent!!!! In the Name of Jesus!

I had my surgery jan 13....and today I had my po appt....and guess what, I already lost 18 lbs in 11 days. I Praise God for this.

One advice, please walk right after surgery, of course a few hours later when they let you...

I will be praying for all of you :)

Thank you! My kids are 10, 5, and 11months, all boys. My ten year old has been practicing putting baby in the carseat and carrying him up the stairs for me. He is pretty good since he practiced a lot in October when I twisted my ankle real bad. I was in a boot for a month! Thanks for the tips :) how are you doing? How long after were you doing dishes and chores?

It's great that your 10 year old is able to help because it will be a big help. Honestly, I probably should have rested more while I was home but I just couldn't stay still. I'd say about the 3rd day home I started doing light chores like washing dishes, light dusting, etc. I hardly ever bent over though. No one said anything to me about bending over but I think I just had this mindset of lifting or bending straight over and what it might do to my stomach or the staples and it was enough to freak me out. I knew I wanted to be moving but not do anything that would cause any type of damage. I truly think that the reason I was able to move around so much was because of how much I walked in the hospital. Plus I hated being confined to the hospital bed and I couldn't sleep well so what else did I have to do, so I walked. It's been all little over two weeks and I feel 100%. I went back to work, one week after surgery. Follow everything the doctor says and you should do great, plus you know your body so you will know when you are home if you are pushing it or you should be resting and if people offer help, take it....it's not often mommies get so pampered, lol.

I have surgery on Monday the 27th and I have a 10 month old as well. How many days did it take for you to heal enough to pick your little one up safely? Very curious. Thx. :)

To be honest, I still haven't lifted her because they told me not to lift anything over 15 lbs for 6 weeks. She is just about 2 and just about 27 lbs so I am still afraid to chance it, although I hate it and want to hold her every time she asks. I do have my husband put her on my lap when I sit or she will climb up onto the couch and sit on my lap or lay on me. The first week, week and a half though I didn't even have her on my lap because of the incisions healing, it was really hard but I kept telling myself that 2 weeks versus the rest of my life is a very small sacrifice and they are so young at this age that they won't remember. Plus it is perfectly ok to snuggle with your 10 month old as much as they want, it will make you both feel better. Do you have someone that can pick up your little one and put them next to you if you are sitting up on the couch or a bed? The doctor or nurse should tell you upon being released from the hospital how long before you can lift your little one. Wow, surgery is just around the corner for you, you will do GREAT!!! Good luck, remember to walk when they give you the ok to and take this time to take care of you and put yourself first, I know it's hard to as a mommy but it's important.

I'm 19 days post op. I have lost 22.6 pounds since I was released from the hospital on 01/08/14.