Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feeling a ton better today and not needing as much narcotics for pain. sleeping better too. Less gas this morning, and warm fluids still feel the best. Going to try crushing some Tylenol rather than taking the narcotics. Or maybe children's liquid Tylenol. Has anyone tried that? Does it work? Might try a little bit of Protein today and still push fluids. It's TOUGH to get fluids in!

HW 297, SW 287, CW 282. Surgery date dec 9, 2013.

20lbs lost in a little less than 2 weeks!!! I started my preop diet dec 2nd at 297 lbs, surgery weight on dec 9th was 287 lbs, this morning...277!!!! Feeling better by the day, able to eat more of a variety of foods.... Working on getting in Protein Shakes and doing more around the house. Very happy with my results!

Glad to hear it Ashley, I'm on day 3. The tired feeling is leaving slowly but surly, not Hungary at all but defo not getting enough fluids in, but I don't think I'm dehydrated either. Hope the pain is on the way out too x

I am so happy everything went so well. 20 pounds in such a short time is wonderful, happy dance for you :D

Well I'm now 9 days post op! Haven't lost any more weight in 3 days, but that makes 22 lbs down total since my 1 week pre op diet started. I'm pretty happy with that! I'm not worried about the stall....just my body figuring out what to do with this new life! I have little pain with eating, and able to drink without any problem at all. Still feel behind on fluids though. On puréed food this week and next, but having a difficult time eating. I just have no desire to eat! (Or drink for that matter) Yesterday I stocked up on some new Protein Shakes and I'm going to make that my staple. I need to create a better daily eating and drinking routine. I'm worried too because anything thicker than applesauce gets stuck and I can feel it "dancing up and down in my esophagus" (as someone here put it.)

I go back to work next week and I'm worried about being too weak to make it through my very busy days. So I'm trying to build up my endurance everyday. I can tell when I've done too much because my pain starts up in my abdomen and I feel soooo tired, like I could sleep anywhere. I just hope I'm ready for next week! I have to remember everyday that this is a process, and it will get easier to get my Protein and cals in. Feeling good for the most part!

Had my first major outing today. My boyfriend and I decided to take a little road trip to a snowy mountain town about 4 hours away. I drove and by about hour three had a fair amount of back and abdominal pain. Got to the hotel and took some Tylenol and laid down for a min, then hit the town! The walking around was fine and the not eating was manageable, but I really felt sad that I couldn't enjoy an adult beverage with my honey. It didn't even sound good! Thinking back now, a lot of our road trips and outings include alcohol. I used to be very into wine tasting! I know it won't be this way forever, but I did feel a little regret in terms of losing that part of my life. My life doesn't revolve around booze (please no Addiction accusations) but I'm young and we used to Include it in a lot of the things we would do. I look forward to someday being able to enjoy a glass of wine with him. Moderation!

Anyway, I had French onion Soup (sans bread and cheese) for dinner, and slept like a baby. We head home today and although I'm not looking forward to driving, I'm pretty happy it was a successful trip.

So I am just over two weeks out, and suddenly I noticed today that my sleeve is tolerating food MUCH better! What a relief! I was starting to get so frustrated. I am now able to finish a Protein Shake without problems and eat purée just fine. I still take my time and am not pushing it, but this small victory shows me that someday I will be able to not feel so anxious about eating, and disappointed with the difficulty. Whew! Finally :)

So I am just over two weeks out, and suddenly I noticed today that my sleeve is tolerating food MUCH better! What a relief! I was starting to get so frustrated. I am now able to finish a Protein shake without problems and eat purée just fine. I still take my time and am not pushing it, but this small victory shows me that someday I will be able to not feel so anxious about eating, and disappointed with the difficulty. Whew! Finally :)

I am scheduled for surgery Jan 15th. I start my pre-op diet on Jan 2nd. Your diary has been very helpful and informative. It great to know what to expect right on the horizon.

I'm nervous about my vacation I have planned 10 days post surgery. We booked the trip before my surgery date was set. We are talking the family to Sedona and Grand Canyon.

Is there anything you wish you would have brought on your trip? Any food/liquid recommendations?

I am scheduled for surgery Jan 15th. I start my pre-op diet on Jan 2nd. Your diary has been very helpful and informative. It great to know what to expect right on the horizon.

I'm nervous about my vacation I have planned 10 days post surgery. We booked the trip before my surgery date was set. We are talking the family to Sedona and Grand Canyon.

Is there anything you wish you would have brought on your trip? Any food/liquid recommendations?

First I would see how you feel. If you can barely shower without using all your energy, you may want to sit this one out. If you are managing your daily activities ok without feeling too dumpy, I'd recommend you bring most of your own food with you or purchase it while you're there. 10 days out I was on purée but was having a hard time tolerating anything thicker than a Protein shake. Bring a big Water bottle and have it with you at all times. HYDRATE! I would bring enough Protein shakes for the trip (or buy them when you get there.) You can basically live off those things if you need to, so nutrition wise, that's probably all you'll need. Bring all your Vitamins, some pain meds, and remember to rest when you feel tired. That's a lot to put your body through. Interestingly, I was most tired after sitting up for so long bc it works both abs and back. And your abs will be weak.

You'll probably be fine, but if you're nervous, talk with your surgeon.

Good luck on your surgery :) I've lost 26 lbs and am just getting out of that post op fog... Beginning to appreciate my sleeve. It might take awhile for you to get to that point in the beginning. Recovery has been harder than I thought. So don't push yourself. I jus went back to work and, although I am making it through the day, I am completely exhausted by the end of my shift. Wish I had two more weeks to rest, but such is life! Let me know if I can answer any ore questions!

NOBODY WARNED ME! So I've been having is Icky taste in my mouth for about a week and just figured "hey I'm in ketosis, this is normal." Then one day I noticed some dark stuff on my sink when brushing my teeth. I looked in my mouth and my tongue was completely black! Eeewwwwww! I brushed and brushed and finally got it looking normal, but gross! I did a little investigation and I guess it's not that uncommon in our population to get bacterial/yeast mouth infections because we aren't eating normal food that would help clean the bacteria/yeast in our mouth, we are almost all chronically dehydrated (at least in the beginning), and I had been using pepto bismol for heartburn until I saw my doc, and that can make it black too! So I stopped using the stuff and it's getting better. Trying hard to hydrate, but ew I wish someone woulda warned me! So here's my warning to all the newbies.... This can happen to you! Hydrate, take proper heartburn medication and brush and floss religiously. Maybe I can save you from this icky weirdo side effect.

:)

Just wanted to give an update on my progress so far. I am 5'10" with starting weight 297lbs. Surgery weight was 287lbs and currently I am 260lbs. I had my surgery dec 9 and I have lost 37 lbs total including the 10 I lost preop. I know this is an amazing loss of poundage, but I can't help but feel that it's slower than most. I haven't incorporated regular exercise yet, and I start playing volleyball again next week. I still get pretty darn tired after work or vigorous activity (like a long walk).

The most calories I've been able to eat so far is about 700-800 but avg 500-600 most days. Not hydrated for sure, but working on that and it is getting better. I'm excited because it seems i can tolerate more and more foods, which makes me feel more normal. Protein is still hard to get in.... Probably because I'm so bored of Protein shakes!

It is so weird still to sit around other people who are eating a meal and I only have 2-3 bites. Makes the quality of the food more important and the company as well! How priorities change......

I definitely have a fascination now with watching other people enjoy food. Especially if I cook it for them. That's love to me!

Just thought I'd update ya'll on my progress :)

Hit the 50 lb mark today! So happy that weight is gone! Here's to 50 more!

Down 50lbs :)

post-184026-0-48863600-1392170866_thumb.jpg

post-184026-0-61174800-1392170870_thumb.jpg

post-184026-0-78184300-1392170881_thumb.jpg

post-184026-0-86257700-1392170885_thumb.jpg

Congrats!! You look great and you look beautiful!