Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

It is jan 8th. I've been doing this for 6 months. I lose a few then gain back.

Well the liquids is working for me. I am doing 2-3 Protein Shakes a day, and limitless broth, sugar free Jello, sf Popsicles, etc. try it!

Just finished my pre op appt with Dr. Troy Houseworth. Consents signed, questions answered, bloodwork drawn.... This is real! Monday morning at 1030 I'll be on the sleeved side! Super nervous, but I know I'm in good hands. I worry about complications, but he says luckily I'm one of those people who are low risk for complications (barely met criteria). My parents and boyfriend will be joining me at the hospital. Thank god I'll need people to take my mind off things. Wow, can't believe I'm almost there!

Last night of sleep before my surgery. Checking in at 0800 tomorrow. Very nervous, but ready! Bring it on!

I've been postop about 5 hours, and happy to report feeling pretty good! Sipping and just did my first walk. Felt good actually! my boyfriend is being so cute and taking care of me. I love him. I had some pretty gnarley pain in recovery but have gotten ahead of it with the liquid oral meds. I have an abdominal binder done and it works wonders for making me feel like my guts aren't falling out. Lol

Anyway, So far, so good!

I just had my sleeve done this past Thursday (12/5/13)...

I can say the first three days were rough and ONLY because of gas!! (Lol). Today is Tuesday though- and I had my last pain meds Sunday morning.

I looked on youtube for advice and found someone who reccomended "Gas-X" the meltable strips....they work WONDERS. Hide em in your bag - if your Dr wont approve them....lol.

I am waaaaay amazed at the difference in portion sizes...

In the hospital my "drinking cup" was/is STILL a 30ml medication cup.

Remember TINY SIPS. It will feel odd - but remember everything you put in your belly - you will be displacing gas, (which can be uncomfortable).

Another thing I found, (for me - maybe for you?) Is that it was much more comfortable to "eat" baby Cereal (watered waaay down) and/or stage 1 baby foods - instead of Water.< /p>

After I "ate" the first time.....my energy went THROUGH THE ROOF!!!

Don't push yourself....these days will pass :D

Had a decent night, but woke up in pretty sever pain. Meds are wonderful :) been sipping in Water, Ice and broth. Still really hurst my belly... At least until after I burp lol have my upper GI test this morning and if all is well I may get to go home today. :) ready to start feeling better.

Had a decent night, but woke up in pretty sever pain. Meds are wonderful :) been sipping in Water, Ice and broth. Still really hurst my belly... At least until after I burp lol have my upper GI test this morning and if all is well I may get to go home today. :) ready to start feeling better.

I had my sleeve on the 5 Dec. The gas is killing me and I can't seem to stay full. I'll have to look up those gas strips.

On my way home now! Upper GI test showed no leaks and as long as I stay up with my pain meds, I feel ok for the most part. Still pretty gassy. Lots if burping. Lol ready to be in my own bed.

HW 297, SW 287. Just over 24 hours out and I'm up 5 ish lbs. look forward to see that scale drop.

Well I got to come home last night and it was nice to sleep in my own bed. Still in a good amount of pain, especially when I sip on something. But I was able to take a shower today and that went well. My incisions look pretty good. Took the dressings off and just have Steri strips on each one now. Plan for today is to walk a bit and try to stay hydrated. TMI: my urine smells terrible! The nurses in the hospital doesn't seem to think it was a problem. Hope it doesn't turn into a UTI! I'm afraid of more pain and being dehydrated. Did anyone else have malodorous urine after? Could be from the anesthesia or meds?

Warm broth feels really good on my tummy compared to colder liquids. Nap time!

HW 297, SW 287, CW 285!! It's working! Down 12 lbs. ☺

I just got out of the hospital 3 days ago and I would recommend long socks due to the fact they make u wear these long massagers on your legs to prevent blood clots. I got really bored in there so I recommend magazines or laptop to watch movies!