Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm 4months post op and haven't lost any weight in a month. And I went to the doctor and they told me I was behind.. I should have lost more weight than I have. Ive lost 74lbs in 4months. I'm not sure what Im doing wrong but it's upsetting. I'm stuck between 250-254lbs..im tracking my calories and Protein intake and it's good..I walk 3 miles every morning and use my resistance bands... I only eat 4oz three times a day and it's white meat and veges... I don't know what to do. This can't be the end of my weight loss... I started at 328lbs and need to get to 165lb!!!

Your caloric intake may be too low and your body straining to avoid "famine". Sit down and review your food and Fluid intake and exercise logs with the NUT and re-group. No, you are not done losing yet--just stalled. Happens to virtually all of us.

Your caloric intake may be too low and your body straining to avoid "famine". Sit down and review your food and Fluid intake and exercise logs with the NUT and re-group. No, you are not done losing yet--just stalled. Happens to virtually all of us.

This has to be the longest ive stalled then.. and my calorie intake is 860 daily.. and that's without counting how many calories I burn by exercising...I guess I should make an appointment to see a nutritionist

There is no schedule for stalls and no way to accurately predict how long they will last. There are just too many variables. There isn't a single one of us that cannot understand your frustration. But, you're doing everything right. You know you're doing everything right. Second guessing yourself is a waste of energy and only compounds your frustration. Consider focusing that energy on rewarding yourself every day, for following your plan.

Rapid weight loss - follow your plan. Slow weight loss - follow your plan. Stall - follow your plan. No matter what happens, follow your plan. The laws of science and the universe can not and will not be denied. Follow your plan and the weight will take care of itself. Your body is going to find its own way in its own time regardless of how much or how little you stress over it. Your journey will be so much more rewarding, so much easier and so much more exciting if you acknowledge that your goal is physical change, but your challenge is mental discipline.

Stay positive. Stay patient. Follow your plan. Maintain your food log. You're gonna love the new you!!

Losing 74 lbs in 4 months is behind? That sounds like pretty good progress to me actually. It seems like if your doctor thinks you are behind he would have referred you to the nutritionist for a solution. But I think I agree with previous poster - you don't seem to be eating enough to match your activity level.

Losing 74 lbs in 4 months is behind? That sounds like pretty good progress to me actually. It seems like if your doctor thinks you are behind he would have referred you to the nutritionist for a solution. But I think I agree with previous poster - you don't seem to be eating enough to match your activity level.

Yeah, I kinda thought I was losing slow, but didn't really give it to much attention I just stuck to what Ive been doing. Until I went to the doctor last Monday, she told me that I should have lost 30lbs in two months, but I lost it in three. She didn't recommend I see a nutritionist though. She just told me she wanted me to lose 30lbs by January which would be my 6month check up.. so idk just gonna stick to what Im doing I suppose.

Im so glad my doctor never told me what weight I should it to or where my weight should be at a certain time..he simply said follow the plan and your body will do what it is suppose to do..thats it no timeline no stress...

Anyways sounds like your pretty active and doing great, might be time to bump up a few calories maybe an extra Protein a day to shake it up a bit but your not done losing...just one of many stalls

Keep up the good work

Im so glad my doctor never told me what weight I should it to or where my weight should be at a certain time..he simply said follow the plan and your body will do what it is suppose to do..thats it no timeline no stress...

Anyways sounds like your pretty active and doing great, might be time to bump up a few calories maybe an extra Protein a day to shake it up a bit but your not done losing...just one of many stalls

Keep up the good work!

Keep up the good work!

Mine was exactly the same - no goal weight and no timeline. I have to confess to wondering why a time or two but decided that if I trusted her enough to do the surgery I had to trust her post-op care as well. It definitely reduces the stress and places the emphasis on following the protocol as closely as you can. Worked for me!!

That's great.. it kinda bummed me out though since she told me that. She said she was just telling me because she wants me to reach my goal weight..not sure how her telling me Im behind in my weight loss is supposed to help. But she isn't my surgeon, I havent seen my surgeon since leaving the hospital back in July. She's his nurse or whatever..says she's been working with him for 9 years and it's a pattern that they've seen. So me being as heavy as I was, I should be losing a certain amount of weight according to her and my surgeon.

I'm most certainly not a doctor or a nutritionist but from where I'm sitting, you're doing absolutely great. Celebrate your success and move forward with confidence that the best is yet to come! There are hundreds of posts right here on this forum that send a very clear message - there is no "one size fits all" pattern. No absolutes. We're all individuals, all unique. You're doing a great job and your effort will be rewarded. Just be patient and keep up the great work!

Keep up the good work

Mine never had a timetable either. And they never set goals for me, short or long term. My only personal goal was to be healthy and feel good - I've achieved that. Everything else is gravy.

It sounds like you are doing well to me. :-)

I went in for my two month check up and had lost 31 lbs. Doctor was happy as I actually don't have much too lose. But he said he only wants me to eat Protein and my Water. No veggies, no fruit no carbs basically. That didn't make me a happy camper. I'm so tired of just Protein. I've been stalled for over three weeks, an I'm also only getting less than 1,000 calories usually under 800. I know my metabolism is in starvation mode but trying to jump start it on this diet is difficult trying to get more protein and the Water. I guess time will tell. 36 lbs to go to make all the doctors happy and 50 lbs to make me happy. B)

If you are getting less than 800 calories at this stage, old one, it may be the reason you are stalling out. Probably should be more in the 800-1,000 range. Do what you need to do to get your Protein and Water in each day. Good luck.